What Are My Options

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I had Both front wheel bearings replaced on my wife's Buick Rendezvous at 55000 miles under warranty, and now they have failed again at just over 100,000 miles, so long story short come to find out, the dealership put in cheap aftermarket ones and not OEM ones, do I have any recourse?

Thanks Dean

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had Both front wheel bearings replaced on my wife's Buick Rendezvous at 55000 miles under warranty, and now they have failed again at just over 100,000 miles, so long story short come to find out, the dealership put in cheap aftermarket ones and not OEM ones, do I have any recourse?

Thanks Dean

I would imagine that unless it's stated on your bill, or anywhere in the general vicinity of the waiting room/ service desk that they only use OE parts probably not. This is why I hate stealerships and do 99% of my own work.

Was there any fine print on your ill? Did it mention anything?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
GM OEM hubs are made by Fenco who is also a major supplier to the aftermarket including carquest and others. Good chance the were the same hubs.

SJan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
GM OEM hubs are made by Fenco who is also a major supplier to the aftermarket including carquest and others. Good chance the were the same hubs.

Yeah what he said, A lot of 'aftermarket' stuff is the same exact thing at OEM stuff, it just comes in a different box

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Should be able to "rent" the tool. Advance make you give them the cash to hold incase you never return it. But you get 100% of it back.
If you go there alot some of the guys don't ask for the cash if you say you'll bring it back that day.

Top Bottom