What are my options in mass?

I have a rock river lower that needs to go from adjustable to fixed stock. I am new to the ar which isn't helping. All the local shops are so busy that they could care less about stock questions on something they didn't sell and parts they don't have in stock.

Being short I would like to retain the ability to fine tune what is most comfortable for me so where should I be looking? I see rra has the 0260 which is fixed and under the tactical stocks, like the adjustable it came with. Is this adjustable within the 6 positions or is there a way to make the adjustable compliant? Or ultimately should I be looking somewhere else entirely for a commercial spec stock? The ones that I have seen that do this are mil spec which is why I am turning to you guys.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Matt

If you have an adjustable, you can drill and pin it at the setting you prefer. There are multiple threads here and probably youtube videos about pinning an adjustable stock.

I'm not sure I entirely understand your full question, but you could get the adjustable pinned in place, thereby making it fixed, or just order one that's fixed already.

The problem is I'm not entirely sure I know what's needed. Being there are none to look at or the ability to find a shop that is willing to give me the time of day about it.

Now if I was to drill and pin do I leave the adjustable lever in place or does it need to be removed. One of these days I will be moving back to Fl again and avoiding all this b.s. but in the mean time I'm not looking for any problems, or to compromise my no restriction class a. I should also add that I would like to keep my adjustable in usable condition if drilling would destroy adjustable functionality down the road. Does anyone make one that has the holes pre drilled so you can pin it at the specified points?

I'm sorry I'm not clearer about this and probably sound down right ignorant. I've been searching and attempting to find assistance for the last month so this is my way of waiving the white flag and saying please help.

Whether the lever remains in place or not is immaterial. If the stock is pinned, it is pinned. The lever will not allow the pinned stock to move. I have 2 AR's with pinned stocks, both done by an FFL. The lever is in place on both of them, but does nothing.

BTW, if you do a search on NES about HOW to pin a stock you will find at least two threads with a lot of arguing about how the stock has to be pinned...or fixed in place. IIRC, there was never any consensus of what method would satisfy MA law, since MA law itself doesn't specify what method is acceptable.

It's just one of the entertaining parts of MA gun laws. [smile]

Something to think about. Since you cannot have an adjustable stock in MA, i have been putting these A2 solid buttstocks on my ARs. I put a gi cleaning kit in them which to me makes them more functional. You could then sell the telescoping stock to someone in a free state who cant find one for sale. Win-win. Be careful when you go to pin the stock, I imagine if you puncture the buffer tube or obstruct the buffer, bad things will happen.

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopexd.asp?id=223

Thanks for the replies. These are exactly the reasons I was asking and not just going off what someone was able to do on YouTube. Of course the other day when rra had them available again I should have ordered one, as they are unavailable again. I'm not about to give up mine as it will some day reside in the sunshine state again.

I did read the very lengthy debate over proper proceedure but the lever was still a question. If I can get away with doing a small pin and not have to butcher the position lever or anything else I might just do that. I guess tomorrow I'll pick up a pin and make the gun gods happy. Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom