What ammo shortage?

Maybe it's just a microcosm example of how the Feds spend money. Because they spend a lot of money when they go shopping.

140,000 rounds of 308 is 2000 rounds apiece for 70 rifles. I have more than 2k of ammo for my carbine on hand. Spreading 70 rifles across any branch of government is not going to go very far.

Maybe it's just a microcosm example of how the Feds spend money. Because they spend a lot of money when they go shopping.

140,000 rounds of 308 is 2000 rounds apiece for 70 rifles. I have more than 2k of ammo for my carbine on hand. Spreading 70 rifles across any branch of government is not going to go very far.

Don't tell that to Alex Jones!

141,000 rounds? lets pool our resources, I bet we can top that.

33,109 members X 2000 rounds for one rifle = 66,218,000 boolets.

Multiply by multiple rifles and/or additional resources per member and you can understand why the .gov has feelings of inadequacy when it comes to dealing with gun owners.

What makes the .308 ammunition so deadly is the long range capability of the round,” notes James Smith. “The ability is called ballistic coefficient, or the efficiency of a projectile in overcoming air resistance as it travels to its target. According to Speer Reloading Manual Number 13, the .308 165 grain has the highest coefficient of any hunting rifle.”

Now I am not a reloader but there are rounds out there with higher ballistic coefficients if I am not mistaken

Pretty sure if everyone at NES inventoried their ammo and we added it all up it would be some pretty damn impressive numbers though.

Back
Top Bottom