What ammo are you buying and for what?

btnh6668

NES Member
This section of the page is usually quiet so i figured id try this out.

Ive been buying 5.7 ammo from target for my ps90 since the ruger has hit the market. I figure there is going to be a larger demand for this round in the coming months.

12 ga. Slugs and #4 buck. I’m kind of in love with my shotgun and am determined to become more than proficient with it. I like the “jack of all trades” ability. Accurate at 100 yds. with foster slugs, great up close and mid range. Now I’m in search of a Mossberg 930, among other things.
Of course, I’m always after the staples as well; .22, 9mm, and 5.56/223 but who isn’t?

.22 is so cheap (0.03/rd!!!), I feel like I ought to get some more, but I've got a couple of cases already.

22 because they are giving it away and 556 because they are giving it away...both to shoot all day and not go broke.

As much 9mm and 5.56 as i can afford.... prices have not been this low in a long ass time....

I’ve only been at it a little over a year now, what have ammo prices been like in the past? I’m not looking to hijack the thread or have you scare me into taking out a personal loan, but what are we looking at worst case scenario?

I’ve only been at it a little over a year now, what have ammo prices been like in the past? I’m not looking to hijack the thread or have you scare me into taking out a personal loan, but what are we looking at worst case scenario?
Rape.
cosby-bbq-sauce-600 (1).jpg

View: https://youtu.be/ZiUj_pzCiAQ

Think like, ammo not existing (bare shelves) or rapists selling 1000 rounds of 556 on GunBroker for like 700 bucks....

It might not happen for 10 years or might happen during the next election, and on the long odds trump loses, definitely would happen.... or whenever the next big school shooting happens.... Lets put it this way, I have not seen todays prices since before Obamascare 1...

Ive only been a gun owner for 12 years but i am only paying a little over $1 more per box of 50 9mm on targetsports with prime then i was when i first started.

This section of the page is usually quiet so i figured id try this out.

Ive been buying 5.7 ammo from target for my ps90 since the ruger has hit the market. I figure there is going to be a larger demand for this round in the coming months.

Target sells ammo? Not in any that I've seen. Seems appropriate, given the name, though.

Target sells ammo? Not in any that I've seen. Seems appropriate, given the name, though.

Ha ha, you're funny.
It's another Target, as you probably already know. This Target does not have the dog nor the red & white bullseye logo.

Not ordering ammo, just components to roll my own.
I did recently grab some 7.62x39mm and 7.62x54R for a friend though (18¢ and 38.6¢ per round respectively).

I’ve got plenty of generic range Ammo. Lately I’ve been buying either 9mm major or 147 grain sub sonic

Comparison varies on what your shooting it out of, but based on what I'm using-

The 124 gr Syntec vs a S&B 115 jacketed out of my ruger carbine- gr weight and reduced velocity make it seem like a .22 mag
The 147 Syntec vs S&B 124 jacketed out the CZ- noticeable less felt recoil and less muzzle rise (5" barrel, steel frame sucks up a lot of it)

For the shooting games (what I'm using it for) its fantastic, quicker follow up shots, less muzzle flip= back on plates quicker.
For a terminal ballistics application? Outside of my a.o.. It doesn't pancake out like straight lead does, the coating kind of contains some of that.
Doesn't star out like a hollow point.
It does mushroom out nicely on steel from what I've found on the ground. Through paper or cardboard and into the berm they retain quite a bit of their shape, zero deformity if theres no rocks buried in there.

I reload for bulk target shooting (9mm, 45acp .223 and .38/357). But I purchase in bulk for quality 9MM 124gr HP, .22lr Mini-Mags, .45acp HP. And right now, prices are very good!!!! No one should have any excuses for future shortages (unless of course you have no money...).

Got plenty of .22, .380, 9, .38 and .357. Next up I need to get a couple of cases of .45ACP and some more .44. Especially since I plan to start inviting friends over for some pin-shooting in the back yard. Rifle calibers... Could use another case of .556; once I get my SMLE feeding properly, I should get a case of .303, too. Oh, and I need a couple more boxes of .25ACP and maybe 5-6 boxes of .32ACP.

Basically any calibers I don't reload like 7.62x39. Though I bought a crap ton of 223 from Walmart (even though I reload 223) because the prices were just too damn good at 14 cents per round.

Post Sandy Hook ammo was at ass rape prices ......if you could even find it. Walmart shelves were generally empty except for shotgun ammo. Shops were selling low quality 22lr (Remy golden bullet, thunder turds and armscore) for 12 cents a round or even more. A brick of cci standard (500 round box) was $70. 9mm was $25 a box or more. 357 was $35 a box or more. Again......that's when you actually saw it. Folks got to know the local shop delivery schedule and would line up at the door on those days!

If your new to this......and don't Renner the bad times ......take my word for it.....stock up now. If a Dem gets elected next fall we may see this happen again.

Malaysian M193 at Centerfire Systems, $230/820rds, in ammo can, free shipping.

Because given the quality of the Malaysian 7.62x51 I've bought in the past, it is worth testing.

Free shipping and an ammo can to boot.

Side note: Someone at Centerfire for what ever reason briefly posted the price at $193 per can and I happened to order it at just the right moment. They honored the price when I called them on the phone.

Thank You Centerfire......Kentucky Proud!! [thumbsup]image.jpeg

Last edited:
Malaysian M193 at Centerfire Systems, $230/820rds, in ammo can, free shipping.

Because given the quality of the Malaysian 7.62x51 I've bought in the past, it is worth testing.

Free shipping and an ammo can to boot.

Side note: Someone at Centerfire for what ever reason briefly posted the price at $193 per can and I happened to order it at just the right moment. They honored the price when I called them on the phone.

Thank You Centerfire......Kentucky Proud!! [thumbsup]View attachment 324925
I scored a bunch of Malaysian 223 a while back. The stuff shoots great.

Back
Top Bottom