• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What % actually know?

I get to range when I can. But when I can't I always put a belt holster over my whitey tighties and practice my draw at a raggedy Anne doll while I practice my shit talking and pretending she bumped into me.
Basically it's just alot of me saying "what? Do you know who you're f***in' wit?" And "mess with the yeet get the cannon bitch"
Now you're getting it! [rofl]

I get to range when I can. But when I can't I always put a belt holster over my whitey tighties and practice my draw at a raggedy Anne doll while I practice my shit talking and pretending she bumped into me.
Basically it's just alot of me saying "what? Do you know who you're f***in' wit?" And "mess with the yeet get the cannon bitch"
You might want to incorporate "you want smoke?"

Was wondering to myself , what % of gun owners have no clue how to utilize their gun/guns?
I definitely will not claim to be any sort of expert on guns , or claim to be a top shot. I will say that I do use my guns , I go out and shoot on most weekends, and put forth an effort to always improve. I can't say that I run any type of drills , I just practice making good shots at varying distances.
With that being said .......... I will wait and see if I can get some of the good NES input to my question asked.
I do not know any "new" gun owners
I will say this out of every gun owner I know maybe 3% hunt so they touch there guns a few times a year
25% still have their guns in original packages and unopened boxes of ammo when they bought it
The 50% maybe go to the range 1-2 every 5-8 years- usually when they decide to re join the club thinking they will go more again
The rest will get to the range when ever possible but thats not often for most but they maintain club memberships

You might want to incorporate "you want smoke?"
Yeah it usually devolves into me yelling "I got hands too" then I beat the shit outta her. Raggedy Andy is such a cuck he does nothing. And that just leaves teddy ruxpin to fight her fights. I do put straight outta Compton in his cassette player to add to the ambiance.

Last edited:
Ever been to an open range day for hunters to sight in. That could easily make you think over 100% of shooters have no clue how to use their firearm
I remember one weekend right before shotgun opener. I'm there shooting my inline at a 100 yards, tweaking over my 3inch group of five rounds. Guy shows up with his slug gun and sets up a paper plate at 25 yards. Hit the plate with his three shots, but just barely. He was thrilled with the results. All I can say is I hope he missed when he was in the woods.

Another time a guys show up with his inline. Still had powder and bullet from last season. Shoots it. Looks at me and says, "still works". Packs up goes home.

based on the amount of times I see people muzzle sweeping themselves or others at the range or gun shop, not many. I have several friends with fairly impressive collections who have never taken a class.

Or when you visit the range, and you hear someone empty the magazine in 3 seconds.

Every force on force class I have taken I end up doing my best imitation of a SMG with a simuntion glock 17. Something about an attacker stabbing you with a knife makes you forget to take a breath between each shot and get a perfect sight picture.

When I first got my license I went to MFS school and took their entire suite of concealed carry classes. In the ensuing years I believe that I have grown complacent and probably need to refresh my skills and have been entertaining the idea of taking classes again.

I'm in the same boat. It has mainly been money or time constraints, but I am going to take a class this fall, my first since before COVID. I need to take Shivworks ECQC again but I'm a wuss haha.

I remember one weekend right before shotgun opener. I'm there shooting my inline at a 100 yards, tweaking over my 3inch group of five rounds. Guy shows up with his slug gun and sets up a paper plate at 25 yards. Hit the plate with his three shots, but just barely. He was thrilled with the results. All I can say is I hope he missed when he was in the woods.

Another time a guys show up with his inline. Still had powder and bullet from last season. Shoots it. Looks at me and says, "still works". Packs up goes home.

A while back I was at the range, Local SWAT guy is sighting in his patrol rifle. Making a nice shotgun pattern at 25y. Finishes shooting, goes up to his target and say "Good Enough" Packs up and leaves. WTF

Quite a lot. Just because you possess a gun, doesn't mean you're automatically proficient to shoot it.

It's my peeve when people say shit like "well my brother has a gun and I'll use it on the bad guys!" You wouldnt know what to do with a gun in your hand if it hit you in the face! I've been shooting handguns for 10 years and still have a long way to go.

Being a gun owner means practice. In the unfortunate event that you'll need to use a firearm, you want the best chance of you winning and and ending it quickly.
Say a non gun owner was getting attacked and got control of an AR on safety and without a round in the chamber. I bet it would take a minute or two to figure it out. AKA dead

You need the operator af starter pack scar 20s in 6.5 with irons
Fnx 45 tac with an unzerod rmr in a drop leg
Jorts
Crocs
Plate carrier with front plates only
Camelbak full of ipa
Vape pen with rasperry unicorn dick flavoring
Tacticial cashmere scarf
4 knives that cost 20 dollars total and have dank memes
1 pen light
That must be the millennial starter pack. 30 years ago it was Glock .40

A while back I was at the range, Local SWAT guy is sighting in his patrol rifle. Making a nice shotgun pattern at 25y. Finishes shooting, goes up to his target and say "Good Enough" Packs up and leaves. WTF
Don't need to be too accurate to shoot dogs at point blank

Was wondering to myself , what % of gun owners have no clue how to utilize their gun/guns?
I definitely will not claim to be any sort of expert on guns , or claim to be a top shot. I will say that I do use my guns , I go out and shoot on most weekends, and put forth an effort to always improve. I can't say that I run any type of drills , I just practice making good shots at varying distances.
With that being said .......... I will wait and see if I can get some of the good NES input to my question asked.
Jimmy knows...............

I was told that if I bought a 6.5CM that I'd be an operator. Is that not true? You make it sound like there is some sort of training requirement.

Either a 6.5CM or a great big telephone.

hqdefault.jpg

Your question is very ambiguous. Do you know how to utilize your gun? How can you tell? What's the marker? Is it 0.3sec draw? Is it 5 shots into 1 foot square at 1000yd? Is it ability to shoot at something living?
Your ability to "utilize" the gun will be tested when there is a human being in the path of the barrel of the gun you hold. 95% of humans will be incapable of pulling the trigger. It's not in our nature to want to destroy another human being. We like to pretend that we are capable of taking another person's life but most of us can't. Hollywood loves to make it look that killing is easy. How many Rambo movies have been released int he past 40 years? 10? Fact is, all historical research shows that less than 5% of all soldiers in combat actually fire their weapons and of only a fraction of that 5% actually aims to kill.

Point is, practice, compete, learn! Do whatever you can to become competent and safe shooter but may you NEVER be placed in a position where you have to actually "utilize" your gun.

P.S. My view of self-defense and my ability to be able to "utilize" my gun has changed recently, thanks to Lt. Col. David Grossman.
I've always said boot camp is brainwashing 18 year old kids to the point they 'can' kill. And I've read that 5% number from multiple sources.

What I saw in training people is that the first day we shot at 'human' targets, almost everyone pauses when the targets turn. You can see the target, you clearly see a weapon, the sudden knowledge you are shooting even at a simulated human, a lot of people never get a shot off on the first facing. It's just not wired into your system to hurt another human, even if they are the 'bad buy'. Go back to what I said in the 'servin and protectin' thread about enough force soon enough with this in mind. You didn't do what you needed to do in the moment, now you're behind the curve, the 'over doing it' starts to make sense 'sometimes'.

For the record, as a new instructor shooting the course, we weren't told about the human targets and a lot of us Red Shirts had the same reaction. After days of hammering plain targets, it was jarring to see if you weren't ready for it. The cadre hid as much information as they could for us first timers, especially us old timers who hadn't been through the new program.

I was told that if I bought a 6.5CM that I'd be an operator. Is that not true? You make it sound like there is some sort of training requirement.
It is super easy, just sit at 1,300 yards, only worry about minimal 3" vertical adjustment and you are good to go. The BC of 2.2^3 cuts through the wind like nothing.

It is important you are not fat, you are smart, you are a coffee connoisseur and like a good craft beer. Being an engineer, doctor or software developer helps but a man bun or being hot (9.5 minimum) is an acceptable substitution.

It is super easy, just sit at 1,300 yards, only worry about minimal 3" vertical adjustment and you are good to go. The BC of 2.2^3 cuts through the wind like nothing.

It is important you are not fat, you are smart, you are a coffee connoisseur and like a good craft beer. Being an engineer, doctor or software developer helps but a man bun or being hot (9.5 minimum) is an acceptable substitution.
And no baths. Just lume

Back
Top Bottom