• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What about Diamondback AR-15's?

I am in the market for my first AR, and would rather buy off the shelf and shoot the hell out of something, and take it apart a bunch; then decide how I want to build my next 5....[wink]

I don't want to buy a bargain basement rifle that I have to tinker with to keep it running, but I certainly don't need a $2000 gun either. I'm thinking a flat-top receiver with flip down BUIS and an optic later, and a 16" barrel.

Now, before we get all link happy with "which AR should I buy" threads, I have a specific question: my LGS has several Diamondback DB-15's on the shelf, at what appear to be reasonable prices(having checked GB, slickguns,etc). I searched here after doing some other research, and don't see much said about them in the halls of NES. I understand they are a young company, but most of the reviews seem positive. The rifles seem well built with good fit and finish, so they pass the initial sniff test. I'm wondering if anybody here has one, and what they think about it.

Ready: GO!

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

I saw a new, off the shelf and yet to be fired Diamondback that had a gas tube that sort of cork screwed around the barrel. While the front sight/gas block was vertical, the whole barrel was twisted to get it there. The barrel was not seated in the receiver properly - the alignment pin was not even in the notch, nor was the barrel nut tight. The whole top end had to be disassembled, the barrel fitted to the receiver and a new gas tube installed as the original was severely bent. Very poor quality control as in NONE.

Thanks for the replies, you guys pretty much talked me out of it. I picked up a Stag model #1 this morning. Rifle was ordered to the store with the plus package ( 1/7 twist barrel, M16 bolt carrier, heavy buffer, and extra mag). Detachable carry handle with A2 sights will make this a good rifle to get used to the AR family, and allow the installation of an optic with flip-down sight later. I tore it down, cleaned it, oiled it, and managed to get it put back together.....headed out to try it in a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom