What about all the ammo I bought

I expect President Lame Duck to issue a bunch of executive orders. i then expect President Trump to countermand many of them. Maybe he'll even allow CMP to reimport that huge number of M1 Carbines from Korea.

they stil have 70ish days to play **** **** with us.
A simple import ban on smokeless powder and commercial ammo wil be enough to ruin ammo supplies.

I expect President Lame Duck to issue a bunch of executive orders. i then expect President Trump to countermand many of them. Maybe he'll even allow CMP to reimport that huge number of M1 Carbines from Korea.

What ever happened to the CMP 1911A1 story? There were several threads about it here, but I haven't seen anything in almost a year. Was it just red tape that stopped that train? I am pretty sure Barry signed the bill that included allowing those to be sold through CMP.

What ever happened to the CMP 1911A1 story? There were several threads about it here, but I haven't seen anything in almost a year. Was it just red tape that stopped that train? I am pretty sure Barry signed the bill that included allowing those to be sold through CMP.

CMP is hurry up and wait.... Yup they where approved to go through now the Secretary of the Army needs to decide to shred them or alocate them to the CMP.
IIRC at the time of the approval there was not a sitting Secretary of the Army apointed? So if/when it comes together it's going to take a few years.

As far as CMP getting more M1s or garands is purely based on countries that have any M1s or Carbines still on loan or lease that they want to give back to US Army in turn Army gives them to CMP. The import laws and or bans have zero impact on the CMP and how they aquire the stuff.

Trump said he was going to wipe them all out.... I'm not holding my breath.
CMP does not import anything. CMP gets there arms directly from the US ARMY.
The current M1s and M1 carbines in S korea are owned by the S Korean government.
Not on loan or lease.
Before Obama put the squash on the deal Ccentury International Arms was the winning bidder at around 75mil for the bulk of rifles Korea was selling.
Some made it through along with the Israeli carbines. I posted links to the Korean auction house and articles about the deal somewhere in the milsurp section.
If the rifles are not owned by the US ARMY CMP will not aquire them.

I bought 5k rounds in various calibers for my various firearms. I REGRET NOTHING! best case I don't need to shop for ammo for a bit, worse case I end up wishing I had bought more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so..we need MORE M1 carbines!

As for "extra" ammo..... there is no such thing as "extra" ammo!

I hope so..we need MORE M1 carbines!

As for "extra" ammo..... there is no such thing as "extra" ammo!

I think there is zero chance Trump will do anything whatsoever to permit getting more m1 carbines back. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but remember this is a guy who approved of the assault weapon ban back in the day. But then again , Hillary Clinton opposed gay marriage, so you never know.

I think there is zero chance Trump will do anything whatsoever to permit getting more m1 carbines back. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but remember this is a guy who approved of the assault weapon ban back in the day. But then again , Hillary Clinton opposed gay marriage, so you never know.

In fairness, that was 15+ years ago. While still (and always) skeptical, I think I'd prefer a politician who can change his or her views on something over time, and in a different temporal context. Hell, 15 years ago I thought GWB was the man and that going around the ME bombing the shit out of everyone made sense.

Back
Top Bottom