What a great afternoon hunt

peterk123

NES Member
Neither saw or heard any deer. But the turkeys...... good lord. It was like there was another hunter in the woods that really sucked with his slate call. Had I not seen the birds with my own eyes I would have never believed it was actual birds. They were so vocal. Every noise you could possibly make with a slate or a box call could be heard. All that was missing was a gobbling Tom. It may be my last time out for the season. If it is, it was a great one. Now I want to turkey hunt!

I have a friend in NH who was hunting and on his way back to his truck he "heard another hunter" trying to call in a moose. He said it was the worst moose imitation he ever heard. When he got to his truck there was a Moose calling at it. His truck was brown and apparently the moose thought it was another, but he said if he hadn't seen the moose he would never have believed it was one.

Last Saturday evening I watched a flock of almost 30 hens putz around the woods making some god awful racket. Sunday morning those birches flew out of their trees and went right back at it.

They had the woods so riled up I didn't even see a squirrel.

I have a roving band of 20 hens on my plot and I missed the opportunity for one before season’s end....I didn’t own the land yet lol

The little critters have been active lately. Going to go for a sit one last time this afternoon. I've got to retrieve my climber anyway and the wind won't be kicking until later.

Back
Top Bottom