What a "Garand" day!

My Grandmother passed away over early last summer.... I was was extremely close and help take care of her thru her final ( sad ) 6 months of life.....

Over this past summer/fall/winter we have been going thru boxes and boxes of her " stuff " ( I don't think she threw anything out in her 80+ years on this earth ). My family came across some pics of my grandfather ( who had died when I was 5) of my grandfather during the war (ww2) He was 3rd army..... I don't think anyone had looked at those pics in 35 or 40 years.

One of the pics that moved me was a pic of him looking very tired holding the infamous M1 , dated " Germany 1945 "

2010 was not a stellar year for me financially and 2011 doesn't look much better. As I stood in my favorite gun shop last weekend ( Stateline in mason ) behind the counter sat a just traded ( within the hour ) m1 garand. Well a few NES classifieds sales later and 7 days of the guys up at the shop holding the gun ( without a deposit might I ad ) I am now the proud owner of my 1st Garand.

Springfield Armory receiver SN 3,492,xxx
Trigger group D28290-12-SA
Bolt. D28287-12-sa. Re56
Barrel. 1 SA 2 45

Very proud......

Can't wait to shoot it

drb

Last edited:
Congratulations on a purchase that means more than just another rifle. Looks like you got the typical good treatment from Stateline; I drive over from Portsmouth a few times a year because of the way they treat everyone, including me.

Hey that's great! Garand is a great rifle..you will love it.

My grandfather also fought in the 3rd Army. He carried a BAR. I have the Mauser now that he brought back with him.

Back
Top Bottom