What a bunch of "Dick's"

I never bought gun errata there however did buy fishing gear, coolers, gifts around the holidays of all sorts including clothing, golf stuff for family into that, fit bits, etc...

When they went retard I never stepped foot in there again. I could care less if they sold guns but when they went politically libtard they lost my business and I bet a certain percentage of their similar non-gun customers did the same.

I wonder when they are going to have their going out of business sale.

I read the article on CNN and came right to NES to say that Dick’s is BLOWING IT! The Parkland shooter did not even use a shotgun he used an AR and Dick’s should not allow themselves to be “part of the mass shooter narrative” because some nut job happened to own one gun he bought at Dick’s. That being said, when I go for my basic home defense shottie when I become a homeowner (years down the line) I will go to Cabela’s or Bass Pro Shops.
They will follow along shortly

Rocco, why would you go to another faceless, corporate big box? Why not support your local gun shop?
I have thus far consistently supported my local gun shop but in the case of a generic shotgun my tendency would be to go to a larger retailer. But it is a decision that I will not be making for some time at any rate...and seeing as I do believe stores like Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops will downsize their firearms selections (as mac1911 previously stated) for the liberal morality points, I most likely will end up buying from a local gun shop or an independent salesman/saleswoman.

I have thus far consistently supported my local gun shop but in the case of a generic shotgun my tendency would be to go to a larger retailer. But it is a decision that I will not be making for some time at any rate...and seeing as I do believe stores like Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops will downsize their firearms selections (as mac1911 previously stated) for the liberal morality points, I most likely will end up buying from a local gun shop or an independent salesman/saleswoman.

If you are going to get a 'generic shotgun' there is a lot of value in the used section of a number of local gun shops. Just mentioning it from a value perspective that a used quality shotgun can be had for cheaper than many entry level rattling pump shotguns new.

There is no basis for a shareholder lawsuit. Management acted entirely within their authority. And they can make a reasonable argument that dropping the deplorable, gun-nut customer base to focus on their more profitable and more loyal customers is a good decision.
It would be a good decision if it made more money for the investors.

Their numbers show that it's not.

A bit of a surprise...

Dick’s Sporting Goods reported better-than-expected third-quarter results and raised its outlook for the rest of the year, sending shares surging.

TickerSecurityLastChangeChange %
DKSDICKS SPORTING39.43+0.02+0.05%

The sporting goods retailer earned $57.6 million, or an adjusted 66 cents a share, as net sales rose 5.6 percent to $1.96 billion. Wall Street analysts surveyed by Refinitiv were anticipating adjusted earnings of 38 cents a share on net sales of $1.91 billion. Consolidated same-store sales climbed 6 percent.

E-commerce sales climbed 13 percent versus a year ago and made up 13 percent of total net sales, up from about 12 percent last year.

Inventory increased 17.1 percent from last year due primarily to "strategic investments to support key growth categories," the company said.

“We are very pleased with our strong third-quarter results, as we delivered a 6 percent comp sales increase and meaningful gross margin expansion,” CEO Edward Stack said in a statement. “We saw increases in both average ticket and transactions, as well as growth across each of our three primary categories of hardlines, apparel and footwear.”

A Sporting Goods store thumbs its nose at Sportsman and business tanks. What else in the world did management "think" was going to happen.

I used to spend thousands there before the shenanigans started. Now they get nuthin. Took my money elsewhere. Ducks will be the next Sports Authority

I had to hop on a register when lines backed up, and one fellow presented a Dick's gift card to activate. He wanted to put a hundred bucks on it.

It took 100% of my customer service skills to not ask, "So, I guess you're not buying this for a gun owner, eh?"

Back
Top Bottom