• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What .45 1911s can I buy in MA?

Assuming the FFL is following all regs. :)

There is S&W, (how close is the Sig .45 to the 'true' 1911 platform?) and AO.

Trying to find new .45s listed on the dealer websites is just an exercise in frustration; they really need to be redone professionally. Sigh.

No Colt or Springfield I believe. What about RIA, Remington, Para?

Looking for any/all info on the possible platforms out there! (No need to mention 'build your own' at this time, just cannot afford it)

Thanks everyone,
Pelikan

Build your own or have it built for you. E.g., Remsport. They will build you whatever caliber you want -- 9mm, 38 super, 40, 10mm, 45, 40 super, 40 carbon, etc. etc. John Lawlor is a super guy to deal with. He advertises here as well. See dealer classifieds. He's offering frame specials now. Govt, commander, officer.

You can probably get any 1911 that you want in MA. It may not be New In Box, but you can find plenty of Colts and other high end 1911s. You just have to look around and be a little patient.

If you're looking for new, off the shelf at your average gunshop....you're probably stuck with S&W and Sig. Used from a gunshop gives you mostly Colt and S&W. Used via FTF or used/new by a friendly local FFL.....your options are limitless.

ETA: The new Remington R1 is also available in MA.

S&W, ParaOrdnance, Remington R1 are all available new. You can find used guns now and then -- GFA ArmsTec in Natick had two Kimber CDP IIs the last time I was in there. I picked up a used Wilson at Coin Collectors a few years back.

I think none has mentioned the (Kahr) Auto Ordnance. You can get that one too.

Edit: Yes, the AO was mentioned before :)

Last edited:
I think none has mentioned the (Kahr) Auto Ordnance. You can get that one too.

New from a dealer you are limited to S&W, Para, Auto-Ord, and the new Remington. I'm not sure about Sig 1911s TBH.

I have been eyeing the Remington. Looks like a nice choice for those who are looking for a bone-stock 1911. All my 1911's are pretty much original A1 configuration. I don't go for beavertails, front serrations, extended safeties and slide stops, etc...
I'll probably wait a while though if I decide to buy one. Let the kinks (if any) get worked out and all that.

S&W, ParaOrdnance, Remington R1 are all available new. You can find used guns now and then -- GFA ArmsTec in Natick had two Kimber CDP IIs the last time I was in there. I picked up a used Wilson at Coin Collectors a few years back.

I was in GFA a month ago or so and he had a few Paras, in addition to a couple of Springfields, Colts, Kimbers, etc. He seems to keep his website inventory pretty up to date as well.

Back
Top Bottom