What’s That In My Foot?

He's NOT violating HIPPA..........
He doesn't reveal any identifying information regarding who the patient is:cool:
Nope. No identifying information provided. You need names, id’s, pictures of patient, etc for it to violate HIPAA. Merely age, gender, etc, and accompanying xrays or diagnostic tests is like a journal study.

Third opinion may be necessary.............LOL!!!!!!!

I posted this about 5 mins after finishing the study. They may look at that X-ray and determine he needs some corrective surgery as well, so maybe do a package deal ala Mass health.

Based on the position of the boolit I would say he was running away and someone was shooting low. Maybe a Big Papi scenario. Ricochet off the ground or could also have been off a hard object around the area.
Ricochets do not follow the optical law of angle of incidence=angle of refraction, and generally reflect with a very shallow angle - especially when shot at a relatively shallow angle. Hitting the ground a good number of meters behind him could easily account for a very low entry wound.

Whats up with that 4th toe? Little horn Bony protuberances. Is the correct term an exostosis?
Just bone spurring subsequent to osteoarthritis. He has healed fractures of the fifth, fourth, and potentially third metatarsals. He also has a lot more going on in the mid foot and ankle that is beyond my pay grade to read.

If you have peripheral neuropathy, say because you're a diabetic, it's not unusual not to feel things like that.

I had a patient who was a very severe diabetic and had essentially no feeling in his feet. He stepped on a nail and didn't realize it until his foot got infected. That was close to a week.

How do you not feel that? If I feel a grain of sand inside my shoe it drives me crazy.

Nope. No identifying information provided. You need names, id’s, pictures of patient, etc for it to violate HIPAA. Merely age, gender, etc, and accompanying xrays or diagnostic tests is like a journal study.
I hereby declare NES to be a medical journal!

👨‍🎓👨‍🔬

Seems the barriers to entry for that genre are pretty low, anyway.

If you have peripheral neuropathy, say because you're a diabetic, it's not unusual not to feel things like that.

I had a patient who was a very severe diabetic and had essentially no feeling in his feet. He stepped on a nail and didn't realize it until his foot got infected. That was close to a week.
Yeah, westernized diabetic feet can be a horrid sight here. Too many gangrenous toes, purulent drainage, and ulcers that probe to the bone.

I stepped on a nail when I was younger. Didn't feel a thing except a board was stuck to my foot and it felt wet since my sneaker filled with blood.

I knew a victim in a case who had a small bullet left in his leg. While the case was pending the bullet worked its way to the surface until the kid pulled it out himself.

Aren't you supposed to push it back in until the civil lawsuit is settled?

Wow this reminds me of the piece of glass I pulled out of my left hand by the base of my thumb. I put my fist through a windshield (don’t ask) and cut myself when I pulled out. This happened when I was 16. The beginning of this year I pulled this out of it after two months of a weird lump by the scar. The glass was in there for almost 26 years. Taught me to never pull out!

or don't put your fist through a windshield [banghead]

I stepped on a nail when I was younger. Didn't feel a thing except a board was stuck to my foot and it felt wet since my sneaker filled with blood.

I sent one into the sole of my Puma Clydes, through my foot, and out the top of my Clydes. I felt that one but mostly it gave me the heebies pulling it back out LOL. Good news was that the hole on the top of the shoes was barely noticeable and with a little 'Goo' on the sole the Pumas lived on through their normal shoe life.

Wow...and completely intact. I'd save that as a lucky charm. Wonder if he was shot multiple times. They pulled one out thinking they found it, but there was a second in there.
I wanted to acknowledge this as a possible scenario but considering the healthcare system where he was at the time, maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom