What’s it take to make your own primers?

So what’s it take to make your own primers?

I have seen where people use cap gun caps to make primers. But that’s not what I am talking about. I am talking about getting the equipment and chemicals to make my own.

I’m not in a city, and am out in the country. So zoning isn’t an issue.

Been doing some research but have come up with bumpkiss.

+1 for using Google.
-1 for not sharing.

Maybe ... use copy and paste and share what you found. ;)

So what’s it take to make your own primers?

I have seen where people use cap gun caps to make primers. But that’s not what I am talking about. I am talking about getting the equipment and chemicals to make my own.

I’m not in a city, and am out in the country. So zoning isn’t an issue.

Been doing some research but have come up with bumpkiss.
07-breaking-bad-chemistry.w750.h560.2x.jpg

Just a little Mercury Fulminate...

my prayer.....
dear god, please save me from birdbrains. when someone finds northeast shooters while f***ing around on google, redirect them to ar15.com instead.

As a Chem E student, we use to paint Mercury Fulminate on the bumpers on the bottom of the toilet seats and leave them up on the girls floor. When they lowered them to do their business, POP! and the seat would jump.

By the way Mercury Fulminate is serious stuff, not TATP serious, but certainly can crimp your ability to count to "10".

As a Chem E student, we use to paint Mercury Fulminate on the bumpers on the bottom of the toilet seats and leave them up on the girls floor. When they lowered them to do their business, POP! and the seat would jump.

By the way Mercury Fulminate is serious stuff, not TATP serious, but certainly can crimp your ability to count to "10".

we used to do similar shit in the middle school but with another pressure sensitive compound you can easily make from your household chem stash, it does not use Hg but I instead. Unfortunately in Soviet schools there were no toilet seats or privacy, everyone squated over hole.

To OP, there was a vid on making your own 22lr primed when there were previous shortage on them. There are other compounds that do not contain mercury. It all comes down to how much you want to invest in making this shit safely, but it can be done.

we used to do similar shit in the middle school but with another pressure sensitive compound you can easily make from your household chem stash, it does not use Hg but I instead.
Nitrogen Tri-iodide? A purple paste that was highly sensitive when dry.

We made a few batches of that in a friend's basement in high school. Had it drying in about 50 coffee filters overnight figuring we'd take it out in the yard the next day and have some fun.

Unfortunately it all spontaneously detonated at about 4am🤣🤣🤣 Filled the house with purple smoke. We were never allowed back to that friends house after that🤣🤣🤣

The OP came here. Asked a question, then found the answer and didn't bother to post the answer.

:rolleyes:

Exactly.... plus the Mercury by products are quite poisonous and dangerous in their own aspect.

Back
Top Bottom