• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WFSB (CT Channel 3) Poll: Should teachers be armed in classrooms?

51 - 49 on our side.

But it's a stupid question, and misleading. And I'm not sure I'm in support of Government funded guns for teachers.
WAIT!!! Hold on! Don't lynch me!

Look at what happened with the airlines. A simple idea of an armed pilot became a huge nightmare of locked containers and stupid rules.
I see arming teachers to be looking to go down the same road, even worse, I see liberal hippie teachers getting into the program just to screw it up.

What I like better is the abolishment of "no guns" signs on government buildings. Teacher wants to carry - he carries. 17 year old kid with an FID card wants to go hunting after school - put the shotgun in your locker. I don't care. The school shooter and gang bangers aren't going to be stopped by signs, and will get around the metal detector.

Stop making such a huge deal about guns. No one gasps when you have a hammer or a belt sander, unless you're at a funeral. They are objects, and we need to start making them normal again, despite the media trying to make them into mythical weapons of mass destruction.

51 - 49 on our side.

But it's a stupid question, and misleading. And I'm not sure I'm in support of Government funded guns for teachers.

Regardless of the statement before it re: the DeVos proposal, the actual question in the poll is:
Should teachers have guns in classrooms?

I voted yes (of course) but I don't think federal funds should be used. No tax money. Just remove the restrictions and let teachers know they are allowed to carry.

I voted like a democrat. (once for myself, once for my deceased father, and once for my uncle who doesn't have a computer).

51 - 49 on our side.

WAIT!!! Hold on! Don't lynch me!

Look at what happened with the airlines. A simple idea of an armed pilot became a huge nightmare of locked containers and stupid rules.
I see arming teachers to be looking to go down the same road, even worse, I see liberal hippie teachers getting into the program just to screw it up.

What I like better is the abolishment of "no guns" signs on government buildings. Teacher wants to carry - he carries. 17 year old kid with an FID card wants to go hunting after school - put the shotgun in your locker. I don't care. The school shooter and gang bangers aren't going to be stopped by signs, and will get around the metal detector.

Stop making such a huge deal about guns. No one gasps when you have a hammer or a belt sander, unless you're at a funeral. They are objects, and we need to start making them normal again, despite the media trying to make them into mythical weapons of mass destruction.
Airline problem?
Select/trained pilots are still armed and serving.
We take citizens and vet them, train them and put them out there to protect us. How would this be different? Funding is another issue.

Airline problem?
Select/trained pilots are still armed and serving.
We take citizens and vet them, train them and put them out there to protect us. How would this be different? Funding is another issue.

No it isn’t.

I’m a teacher. I’m not looking for any kind of funding. I just want the same rights inside the school as outside. no special programs, no special powers, no vetting beyond what every other LTC holder has. I’m not a first responder. I’m not going to go Rambo-ing through my building hunting for criminals and getting in the cops’ line of fire. I just want to defend myself and my kids.

I buy my own guns, reload my own ammo, and spend my annual $7,000,000 in holsters. I pay my own range membership and do my own practicing. I know many other teachers (more than NES would ever imagine) with LTCs.

Quibbling over funding would be the last thing we want, because that would sink any kind of proposal. Just remove the GFZ law. That’s literally all I want.

No it isn’t.

I’m a teacher. I’m not looking for any kind of funding. I just want the same rights inside the school as outside. no special programs, no special powers, no vetting beyond what every other LTC holder has. I’m not a first responder. I’m not going to go Rambo-ing through my building hunting for criminals and getting in the cops’ line of fire. I just want to defend myself and my kids.

I buy my own guns, reload my own ammo, and spend my annual $7,000,000 in holsters. I pay my own range membership and do my own practicing. I know many other teachers (more than NES would ever imagine) with LTCs.

Quibbling over funding would be the last thing we want, because that would sink any kind of proposal. Just remove the GFZ law. That’s literally all I want.
$7,000,000. In holsters, wow.

No it isn’t.

Well, our rights have been neutered. So we have to start to gain some ground somewhere. This is as good a place as any to start.

No it isn’t.

Glad to hear, wish there were more like you.
However since you will looked upon as not just protecting yourself but the public (kids), training is a good thing.

Glad to hear, wish there were more like you.
However since you will looked upon as not just protecting yourself but the public (kids), training is a good thing.

Okay.

But attaching funding to this gives an excuse to kill it, while also adding bureaucracy.

Deleting GFZ decreases the power of .gov. I find the second notion more appealing.

Back
Top Bottom