• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wet media brass-cleaning?

Does anyone use wet media to clean brass?

Seems it could have a few benefits; chiefly a) the wet media's smaller grit size could clean primer pockets without clogging, and b) no airborne lead dust.

And the technology isn't too tough; I'm sure I'm not the only one here to have used wet-media tumblers as a kid to polish pebbles.

I just cleaned a few thousand rounds using hot water, vineger, and lemon juice. I was surprised how clean they came out. I have heard that if you don't deprime first there can be problems with the old primers coroding as they dry though.

I just cleaned a few thousand rounds using hot water, vineger, and lemon juice. I was surprised how clean they came out. I have heard that if you don't deprime first there can be problems with the old primers coroding as they dry though.

You may find as you deprime them there is water left behind in the pockets. I had to deprime them all and then heat them up to dry them out.

Alconox works well too. And you don't need very much.

Anyone tried hot peroxide? It should work well too.

Well, back many years ago, before tumblers were used, we (my father and I, at the shop) used to deprime the brass and soak it in Kool-Aid. Works about perfect, even on military brass.

Wow! Many more ideas than I expected.

The hot peroxide sounds like it would be a great item for removing lead.

Back
Top Bottom