Westminster looking to ban sale of all tobacco products. Update they gave up

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
they may have shut down the meeting but you need to make sure they stop the discussion permanently.
they can pass it without discussion, even though half the town and the entire town elected reps are on record as being against it

what a world

jtnf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I love the mentality expressed by the statement

A Tobacco Control Agent in a town of 7 said:
“We have a whack-a-mole-effect,” Joan Hamlett, the town’s tobacco control agent, said at the hearing Wednesday night before it was cut short.
"Every 18 months since 1994, this Westminster Board of Health has been looking at different regulations because every time we work together to find a way to reduce youth access to tobacco, the tobacco industry comes out with a new product that we have to look at and address and figure out how to regulate.”

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
A little off topic but certain towns in Alaska make it a crime to possess alcohol. They do it because the people in those towns have high suicide rates, at least that's their reasoning. I have no idea how they get away with it legally.
Here is Section 2 of the 21st amendment:

The transportation or importation into any State, Territory, or possession of the United States for delivery or use therein of intoxicating liquors, in violation of the laws thereof, is hereby prohibited.

Prohibition didn't exactly end with the 21st amendment, the system just shifted from a wholesale ban to state control. If the 18th amendment had simply been repealed, we wouldn't have the various systems of alcohol control in their current forms.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Westminster drops proposal to ban tobacco sales

Board member Edward J. Simoncini Jr. made it clear the reaction affected his vote. “It’s no longer under consideration — thank you, you made the difference,” Simoncini said after a brief meeting Wednesday in which the three-member board, without opening the question to the public, voted 2-1 to kill the proposal.
“It is obvious the town is against it and therefore I am against it,” Simoncini said. Board member Peter M. Munro also voted to withdraw the proposal. He made no public comment.
Andrea Crete, the board chairwoman, cast the sole vote against withdrawing the proposal.
Interesting correlation of gender composition and voting record.

jtnf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't know whether there is necessarily a gender correlation, however I think the parochial expression tells all.
In this case there is definitely a gender correlation. Now, whether there is a gender causation, that could be discussed. And yes, the expressions say it all.

*chris*

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
What is going on here? Just like the firearm ban in Westford are there splinter cells of moonbats that are going out to small towns in an attempt to build a grass roots effort for moar government? My bullshit detector is going off, these people aren't smart enough on their own to come up with this shit.

Chris

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Westminster drops proposal to ban tobacco sales

Interesting correlation of gender composition and voting record.

I SO wish there were ashtrays with lit cigarrettes on the table in front of the 2 men, or that the guy gesturing with his hands had a lit cigarrette between his fingers. That would make this woman's head explode.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What is going on here? Just like the firearm ban in Westford are there splinter cells of moonbats that are going out to small towns in an attempt to build a grass roots effort for moar government? My bullshit detector is going off, these people aren't smart enough on their own to come up with this shit.

Chris
she literally sees it as her duty to save everyone she can from making decisions she doesn't like.

she thinks she is doing good

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Omg-all these people are so clueless. They should just let me tell them how to run their lives. Chances of her being the following:
1. Obama voter
2. Dnc contributor
3. NPR listener
4.knits aids quilts with her wife in her spare time
5. Would try and ban guns if she could
6. Booted out next election by a landslide

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Freedom can be summed up in one word and that word is choices. Where to work, where to go to church, should I carry a pistol or not ? And what you can do with your own body. Smoking and eating fatty foods may not sound good to some but not every choice we make is a good one, but our freedom is suppose to guarantee that we can do it. Take those choices away and freedom will become just another meaningless word.

Top Bottom