Westford custodian fired for gun found in car at school.

''Large capacity feeding device'', (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term ''large capacity feeding device'' shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.
o_O

James Healy, 21, appeared in Ayer District Court on various charges including possession of a large capacity firearm without a license and carrying a firearm on school grounds.
Healy, Healy...where have I seen that name before?

211917a1fceb448d84db53a51ac1269e-211917a1fceb448d84db53a51ac1269e-0.jpg

If indeed Mr. Healy did not have a LTC and did post a video while holding a gun then the police should add an additional charge, being stupid in the 1st degree. This is definitely one for the show America's Dumbest Criminals. Why does social media cause people to do some outrageous and stupid things ? Hey ! Let's do a drive by, video it and then post it on You Tube. Hey ! Look at me, I'm a terrorist ! Now I need to make a video and post it on Facebook. Nowadays the police don't have to investigate anything, all they have to do is watch Facebook.

The internet is forever and anything you post can and will be used against you if the situation arises. To assume that the cops don't use the internet is either stupid or naïve. It may have been true back in the day but not for the last 10 years or so.

Well, the good news is, that after he gets probation and buys more guns, and gets caught again, and put on probation again... and repeats the cycle enough times, the courts will stop prosecuting him. He should probably start dealing heroin too, so the courts will be extra lenient.

The good news for this dude is that if he doesn’t care about possessing a gun without having an LTC in MA it’s no big deal. Just buy one on the street or steal one. The law doesn’t really deter people with no f’s to give.

You CAN, but it is likely unlawful.
It is not unlawful if you have an LTC but many police think it is. I have seen cases of "gun in car, not on person" dropped by the prosecution once competent defense counsel is involved. MGL 269-10j bans carry "on one's person", and the courts have held that a specific qualifier in one subsection of law not in another subsection of the same law is to be construed as having meaning.
Slap on the Wrist $2000, bad boy don't do that again....The biggest loss is of course his job, and all future employment not so much the gun.
$2000 was the bail, not the punishment. It is very common for offenses with this level of bail to ultimately end in the big house.

-----------
Error code 1D-10T

From Police: Elementary School Custodian Had Loaded Gun On School Property

The tip sent detectives to the John A. Crisafulli Elementary School, where they confronted Healy about the image.

“Ultimately got consent to search his motor vehicle, and then he found a firearm in the trunk of the vehicle,” Lt. Peloquin said.

Last edited:
It is not unlawful if you have an LTC ut many police think it is. I have seen cases of "gun in car, not on person" dropped by the prosecution once competent defense counsel is involved. MGL 269-10j bans carry "on one's person", and the courts have held that a specific qualifier in one subsection of law not in another subsection of the same law is to be construed as having meaning.

$2000 was the bail, not the punishment. It is very common for offenses with this level of ail to ultimately end in the big house.

-----------
Error code 1D-10T

From Police: Elementary School Custodian Had Loaded Gun On School Property

The tip sent detectives to the John A. Crisafulli Elementary School, where they confronted Healy about the image.

“Ultimately got consent to search his motor vehicle, and then he found a firearm in the trunk of the vehicle,” Lt. Peloquin said.

I stand corrected. Perhaps my confusion stems from persons having been charged for having a firearm in the trunk on school grounds.

I stand corrected. Perhaps my confusion stems from persons having been charged for having a firearm in the trunk on school grounds.
Happens all the time.

The police do not like the law a written, so they train and enforce based on what they think the law should be,.

Happens all the time.

The police do not like the law a written, so they train and enforce based on what they think the law should be,.
Isn't that special. I suppose with a bazillion lawrs on the books it makes sense. Massprudence.

It is not unlawful if you have an LTC ut many police think it is. I have seen cases of "gun in car, not on person" dropped by the prosecution once competent defense counsel is involved. MGL 269-10j bans carry "on one's person", and the courts have held that a specific qualifier in one subsection of law not in another subsection of the same law is to be construed as having meaning.
Thank you for correcting me!

The newsworthy aspect is ex-SCHOOL custodian. Fully proves all former-military, gym teachers, administrators and other school staff cannot be allowed to carry firearms in schools. All the media needs to say is anyone hired or paid by a school system did something questionable with a gun, or owned a gun, and it’s another notch in the gun against guns.

Back
Top Bottom