• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Westfield Machine Gun Shoot

Rain never stopped me from shooting in the military....I'll be there, even if I'm the only one who shows up. Its posted as a rain or shine event and I can't make it Sunday.

Last time I went it was raining too. I had a guy telling me I'd get wet and muddy...[laugh] [laugh] I was like so. I wanted to shoot the M60 didn't bother me in the least, then he's trying to tell me how it works, etc., I listened for about 2 seconds. Tucked it into my shoulder and let it rip. Got up looked over at him and told him I was ex-mil.[laugh]
Heck when I was at Dix and had to qualify it was pouring ass rain , freezing cold, so it wasn't anything new to me. Plus the whole time we were on the ranges it was raining.
Hubby told me it wasn't nice to mess with him though.[laugh]

Better bring your rain slickers SiameseRat, or you'll end up being a Drowned Siamese Rat.

Yes, I know. That was bad. [wink]

[laugh] Yes that WAS bad. [laugh] However, I checked weather.com before leaving for the hotel. Saw the "100% chance of precipitation" and stopped at Home Depot for one of those awesome $9 yellow slickers. [wink]

I was there, stuffing mags with Patrick and Mike for the rental line. There was a comparatively small turnout, but enough to keep us somewhat busy. The rain was terrible. I was wearing 3 layers, plus an ugly yellow rain slicker, and it was still miserable.

Tomorrow is supposed to be much better and we're expecting 3 times as many people.

Well, as much as I like machine gun shoots, the organizers of this one are too money grubbing for anyone I know to attend. They want money up front for line positions... Thats cool as organizing and putting on a shoot takes time and effort. But they are only allowing one company to rent guns, and they aren't up front about that while soliciting people to take positions. I'll bet there will be lots of pissed off people that learn this when they show up Saturday morning, after having spent good money for the privilege of using someone else's range for a weekend.

The Hanson shoot not only didn't charge for line positions, but also allowed anyone that wanted to to rent there guns. Even the poor guy next to me that was fighting with his 1919 all weekend.

Hanson YES and then some, Westfield NO!

--EasyD

Hey, Thanks for the badmouthing, I'm one of the organizers for COP Firearms.
Where do you get off by saying only one company is allowed??
We have been doing this since 2000 & have always welcomed EVERYONE !!
You may want to get your facts straight before making false claims...
COPFirearms & Training

I have gone to this event twice (not this year unfortunately) and I've always thought it was run pretty well. It is a bit expensive but then FA is not cheap. I applaud the organizers for putting it on.

Considering what a transferable gun goes for and the wear and tear dumbies mashing the trigger down for a full belt or mag burst does to the barrel I think the fee is in line. the range officers were moving a huge amount of people quickly and saftly through on sunday and we had a great time.

Hell I got to shoot weapons (P90) that I never thought I could shoot full auto.
great time.

Back
Top Bottom