Westfield Machine Gun Shoot

Alright everyone! It's that time of year again [smile] Patrick and I will be there both days so make sure you say hi if you see us!

Flyer11.jpg

You'd hate Texas. We drive that far to get to the beer store

my god... I can walk to the beer store... Hell... Im walking distance to most things... If I could only get them to let me work from home.

I still think Im going to try and do this... just need to get someone to go with me... too far to drive on my own... get bord to easily. It will actually cost me more in gass then my day there... but I think it will be worth it [smile]

yep it is far, but worth it! Last year we drove out both days, this year we're staying in a hotel.

Hopefully you'll find somebody to drive out with. Maybe somebody even on this forum? Maybe you could organize an NES carpool! [smile]

well if anyone is willing to ride with a complete and total stranger who has a bad sense of direction and doesnt allow smoking, eating or drinking in his truck for 2 hours... each way....

BTW... i'm rather opinionated and have been told I'm an ass more then once today already... (slow day what can I say)

Oh... and I like my 80's music [wink]

I see about getting my brother to go... or step dad...

If not... I may just make the ride on my own. Dont think Ill convince the wife to head out with the kids with me.... or could I.... mmmmm [hmmm]

Got details??? I'm pretty close.

is the flyer not coming up? I posted it but for some reason whenever I post a pic only half the forum can see it. [thinking]

Anyway- it's at Westfield Sportsman's Club, Saturday the 28th from 9am-5pm and Sunday the 29th from 9am- 4 pm. $5 to get in, rentals not included. Visa/MC ok. Free .22lr shooting sponsored by the club. NO AGE RESTRICTIONS ON RENTALS! Last year they blew up some vending machines with tannerite, don't know what they're planning this year. [wink]

CRAP! 114 miles and 1hour and 53 minutes according to mapquest [crying]

Are you kidding me? 114 miles takes almost two hours? If your doing 55mph maybe. Hell if you drive 55mph on the pike in the two lane section you'll get killed. Remember - 85mph is your friend! [smile]

I'm planning on being there Sunday right when it opens. I always have a great time at these shoots.

This is a nice one for me, only 15 min's or so away.

It only takes me about 15 min also

About 15 -20 for us also. We were talking about it don't know yet.

Bastards!... oops... that slipped out [smile]

"Are you kidding me? 114 miles takes almost two hours? If your doing 55mph maybe. Hell if you drive 55mph on the pike in the two lane section you'll get killed. Remember - 85mph is your friend!"

I know... just mapquest say 1 hour 53 mins... I never drive less then 75.

About 20 minutes for me. My son and i will be there, after all he fired his first real handgun there last year.

Bout 10 mins. for me. I'll prolly try and get a couple of my buddies to go. Sucks cause my two best shooting buddies are currently in Army Basic and they would have loved to go.

Warren-way back in the woods. Between Sturbridge and Palmer.

I'll be there Saturday. We must arrange a way to recognize each other so we can meet.

Well this is Patrick and I at the pumpkin shoot. Now just imagine us stuffing magazines and making up belts and that's how you can recognize us. [wink]
(Minus the silly face on me, that is.)

DSC01020.jpg

Well, as much as I like machine gun shoots, the organizers of this one are too money grubbing for anyone I know to attend. They want money up front for line positions... Thats cool as organizing and putting on a shoot takes time and effort. But they are only allowing one company to rent guns, and they aren't up front about that while soliciting people to take positions. I'll bet there will be lots of pissed off people that learn this when they show up Saturday morning, after having spent good money for the privilege of using someone else's range for a weekend.

The Hanson shoot not only didn't charge for line positions, but also allowed anyone that wanted to to rent there guns. Even the poor guy next to me that was fighting with his 1919 all weekend.

Hanson YES and then some, Westfield NO!

--EasyD

Just wanted to bump this thread since the shoot is this weekend. Sorry you won't be there Easy, but for those of you who will be going I'll see you there!

Looks like the weather is not going to be friendly to anyone who was planning on coming tomorrow. Which I was. Unfortunately I can't make it Sunday and driving rain w/ 50 mph winds just doesn't seem like a whole lot of fun for tomorrow. Plus with tomorrow as a wash, I bet Sunday will be PACKED.

Better bring your rain slickers SiameseRat, or you'll end up being a Drowned Siamese Rat.

Yes, I know. That was bad. [wink]

Rain never stopped me from shooting in the military....I'll be there, even if I'm the only one who shows up. Its posted as a rain or shine event and I can't make it Sunday.

I actually went about three or four years ago when it was pouring on a Saturday. There was literally the people working the shoot and about 10-15 other people who braved the rain. I shot a few machine guns and had a great time. I was soaked to the bone though as my raincoat gave out after about a half hour or so. Hummmm, maybe I just need a better raincoat.

Back
Top Bottom