Westfield Machine Gun Shoot, Oct. 2008

Slush Puppie

Banned
I had some questions about the upcoming Westfield Machine Gun Shoot.

It just so happens that I am on vacation from work that weekend and look forward to attending.

I understand admission is $5.

Is it worth me bringing my own semi-automatic firearms or would I be wasting my time? I am guessing with all the activities going on that bringing my own firearms would be a waste of time. [hmmm]

Is it a flat fee for machine gun rentals or does is vary depending on model and caliber?

Can I expect my friends M60 and MG42 to be present? Which one of these friends is more fun to hang out with? [smile]

Last time I went, You could "rent" different types of automatic weapons.
You, of course, sign your life away before you enter, but boy-o-boy is it FUN!!!
Most guns cost about $25.00 per magazine to shoot, the bigger guns were a little more....
Oh, and you could shoot the GE minigun if you wanted to cough up $400.00....

I would advise contacting the club. I'm not positive, but I don't think you can just show up and shoot machine guns. It's fairly regulated for good reason. It's a fun time though

that is correct... there is paperwork and waivers to sign etc. if you want to rent any of the guns.

I will be on the line with my 2 MGs and some of my NFA buddies that are going with me will be there with all their toys as well. All together we will have M16s, UZIs, MACS, AC556, AK47, M60, H&K51, Sten, Browning 1919 and a bunch more. There are some really cool people from this site as well that will be there too with their toys. I look forward to seeing them as well. We normally reserve a spot and the rental prices depend on the vender. Normally we charge about 25 bucks for a 30rd mag of .556 for the M16s or the Ruger AC556s or whatever. The MACs and UZIs are about 20 bucks a 30rd mag. The belt fed MGs go for a bit more and my buddy ussually charges 100bucks for a 200rd belt for his Browning 1919 8mm MG. Thats fun to rip into.

The Westfield shoot is normally not a money maker for myself and my buddies like the Hanson, MA shoot is however lots of venders still rent their guns there and you can pretty much shoot whatever you want if you want to pay for it. We just go down and have fun blasting off all of our toys for 2 days. You are welcome to come over to our area of the line for a little bit and I can set you up with some fun stuff.

drop me a line closer to the shoot and we can work something out.

also check the gun show area of this site for more info on the Westfield shoot. You will start to see the posts pick up more towards the end of October.

As far as bringing some semi auto guns of your own thats entirely up to you however I can guarantee you that once we all start blasting off you wont be able to hear yourself think and you will probobly want to come play with us for a bit.... LOL...
Last year when we all packed up our stuff and left for home after the 2nd day we stopped for dinner and I remember sitting in the restraunt with a FREAKIN splitting headache trying to listen to what the waitress was asking me.... Ha ha... nothing like getting a headache from 2 full days of automatic weapons fire....

Its a GREAT time and I look forward to October...

Trigger.... look forward to seeing you there bro....
Rob

Last edited:
Now how did you know I would see this.[smile] Yep I got my ammo and am ready for it I can't wait to see you guys again. And your right nothing like a cordite hangover.[rofl]

Just moved to Westfield so I'll be there. I don't own any NFA items yet (will once I retire to KY first thing is a can for my favorite 22LR rifle). I would like to meet a few mor Northeast Shooters members there face to face.

smitty

The $5 admission is for parking and thats donated to charity. The club makes its money on hot dogs/ hamburg concession. You can't just bring your gun and shoot. You need to purchase a line position. The 300 yd range (first you come to) have what I call the "big buck" guns (M60, MG42, cannons, 50 BMG) and the rental concession. The next range, #2 is the black powder range (normally). These are the "small buck" private shooters (me) and their crews. We don't rent. At least I don't. But Range 2 will have yor Macs, Sten, Mp5, M16s, AK47, etc. All the "fun guns". If you want a line position, call Ed Fluery at C.O.P. Firearms (413) 256 3937. or www. copfirearms .com. The Westfield Sportsman Club had its membership drive/Open House yesterday and Ed guarantees at least one day it will rain. Since I've been shooting, its rained every Saturday but Sunny on Sunday with good crowds. Range 2 positions are covered, Range 1 bring tents, canopys. Every year its been a good time. Then theres Monday...cleaning guns.[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom