Western Massachusetts Roll Call....

another from Greenfield here.
i really need to dig some money out of the back yard and go green.

Are you a GOAL member? Because I have it on pretty good authority that if you can wrangle the $19 for an NES membership, I can find a way to get your GOAL membership covered for you. That's a $50 Value for $19 and it opens you up to all the the great advantages of being green.

Plus I live in your town so you can come over and bitch and moan to me personally if you feel your $19 wasn't well spent. [grin]

Plus if you were green you could get in on all the great group buys that are currently happening. Like 20% of Troy products or $200 half cases (500 rounds) of Federal XM193, Timney Trigers etc...

Last edited:
I am already a member of GOAL but thank you for the offer.
i've been meaning to go green for a while and dont have a good excuse as to why i havent.i think its about time to.

Hi, Tuna

Tuna, I was at your club yesterday, shooting a borrowed .22 in the Pin & Plate Shoot... I've already learned that I need LOTS more practice...

Chicopee is really good place for the money. Outdoor pistol, skeet / black powder (bring your own clays and thrower) and 200 yard rifle ranges. 2 3D archery courses. Archery range with second floor to practice tree stand shooting. Stocked pond, stocked pheasant and deer and turkey on the property.

I think I pay $50 / year for a family membership.

I have a cabin in Sandisfield that I visit a few times a year. We have a trap thrower in the back yard and I bring up some bowling pins and hang them from some tree branches. I had a beer keg hanging for a while until it looked like bad swiss cheese.

I'm near Deerfield, MA. I plan on finding a club when my LTC comes in, need to make a trip up to the Franklin County League of Sportsmen's Clubs in Deerfield to it check out soon.

I have a cabin in Sandisfield that I visit a few times a year. We have a trap thrower in the back yard and I bring up some bowling pins and hang them from some tree branches. I had a beer keg hanging for a while until it looked like bad swiss cheese.

I'm up the road in Otis. We do some Boy Scout stuff at a private reserve in Sandisfield from time to time, including the upcoming Fall Feast. It's an 80-acre (I think) parcel with a wicked cool quonset hut. The kids love it and the owner is extraordinarily kind to let us use his place.

i might be game for a shoot.what street corner in Springfield we shooting at?[smile]
really though what club are you thinking in the greater Springfield area.

In so in..

I'm in West Springfield and usually shoot at Agawam revolver club. I only get one Saturday off a month and every other Sunday, but would love to shoot with some fellow Western Mass Nesers.

i've been thinking about attending agawam revolver club. i'm currently a member at smith-n-wesson but they get expensive. i was laid off early sept. and unemployment hasn't kicked in yet so money is kinda tight(hence why i'm not geen yet). how much is it to shoot there?

i've been thinking about attending agawam revolver club. i'm currently a member at smith-n-wesson but they get expensive. i was laid off early sept. and unemployment hasn't kicked in yet so money is kinda tight(hence why i'm not geen yet). how much is it to shoot there?

I think for a non NRA member it is $105 per year and it is less for a NRA member (it was last year when I paid and I don't remember exactly how much it was). Good place to shoot. The outdor range isn't very long but it does have a good indoor range. There is usally eather nobody there or very few when I go and shoot. It is not as restrictive as some other clubs, you can do pretty much what you want up there as long as you are using you head and not doing anything stupid.

Here is the link to their membership form. It show's all the prices. There's a 1 time initiation fee and you get a discount on your annual dues if you're an NRA member. It's a family membership by default for no extra fee, which is nice. As has been mentioned before, they are very generous with their policies. As long as you're safe about what you do, you should be all set. My favorite thing about ARC is that it's almost like my own private range. I've been a member for almost a year, and I've only had someone else shooting at the same time as me on two occasions. People have arrived as I'm leaving, and were leaving as I arrived, but I very rarely see anyone else there at all.

Back
Top Bottom