Western Massachusetts Roll Call....

I'm in Greenfield and shoot at Franklin County League of Sportsmen's Club in Deerfield..
Had to check the profiles of the other local shooters and don't recognize anybody..

I'm one of the guys trying to run the turkey shoots there Sundays.

I live in Springfield, and I would gladly join you all for a local shoot... if you'll let me borrow some hardware and some of those pointy things that go BANG! (I'll gladly cover the costs of said lend-use program).

I'll also enjoy the always-lively discussion about "the best first purchase"...

Hi Rich:

Sometimes it takes a personal invitation. Mark just gave you one but being new around here you probably didn't realize that. So here it is. Your personal invitation to the Shirley Pumpkin Shoot in November. Up in Franklin County we're about 40 minutes from you but I have a few friends (NES members) in your neck of the woods. Watch this thread. We'll end up putting something together and when that gets announced, you are welcome to shoot my guns.

Western Mass.

Just curious who many Northeast Shooters members live west of the Connecticut River? Thinking about getting some shoots going out this way, (for all NES members), but would also like to get some informal shoots going out here....
I weekend in Westfield. Girlfriends house.

Hi Rich:

Sometimes it takes a personal invitation. Mark just gave you one but being new around here you probably didn't realize that. So here it is. Your personal invitation to the Shirley Pumpkin Shoot in November. Up in Franklin County we're about 40 minutes from you but I have a few friends (NES members) in your neck of the woods. Watch this thread. We'll end up putting something together and when that gets announced, you are welcome to shoot my guns.

Rich, I'm in Spfld and yes you can shoot my boomsticks too. [smile]

Rich, I'm in Spfld and yes you can shoot my boomsticks too. [smile]

Rich, SOLVS LVPS was one of the first people I met on NES and he generously let me fire several of his guns. He's one of the people I was referring to in "Your area." In fact, Ray was the first person to effectively demonstrate Bump Firing on an AK to me. [grin]

For those folks around the greater Springfield area, where do you usually shoot? On those rare occasions when I can find some spare time, I frequent the Agawam Revolver Club. I'm also a member in Westfield, but very rarely manage to get over there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm in Greenfield and shoot at Franklin County League of Sportsmen's Club in Deerfield..
Had to check the profiles of the other local shooters and don't recognize anybody..

I shoot there all the time too with my buddy

Rob

Last edited:
For those folks around the greater Springfield area, where do you usually shoot? On those rare occasions when I can find some spare time, I frequent the Agawam Revolver Club. I'm also a member in Westfield, but very rarely manage to get over there.

We are fortunate enough to be able to shoot on a friend of ours property. He has a gravel bank. He lives right down the road from us.
We have a different times been members of Westfield Sportsmans Club.

I live in Springfield, and I would gladly join you all for a local shoot... if you'll let me borrow some hardware and some of those pointy things that go BANG! (I'll gladly cover the costs of said lend-use program).

I'll also enjoy the always-lively discussion about "the best first purchase"...

Rich we live out in Westhampton, and you are more than welcome to shoot what I have. We will be going to the Shirley Pumpkin shoot and if you come out to that everyone is more than willing to let you try out what they have.

Shooting

Smith & Wesson indoor range.

I shoot there all the time too with my buddy Ed Cialek

Rob

JRyan Took me there once, as did another member. It's a nice place and I've been threatening to join for a while. Perhaps I'll just join (heck if you can't have too many guns than you can't have too many clubs) and then we can host a group shoot there since it's within about 30 minutes of everyone who has posted so far.

RD

Quaboag sportsmans club in Warren I have been a past member of Springfield SC in Monson and Chicopee in Granby too. All good clubs.

Another ARC member here - kind of a short rifle range but very reasonably priced and I have never seen it crowded. Right on the Agawam / Southwick line on Route 57; worth checking out.

I always thought the only paved road going through Otis was the Pike! [rofl]

Well, the Pike only goes through a little piece of Otis (and you have to drive to Lee, Westfield or Stockbridge to actually get on it), and I think we have over 40 miles of paved road now, with most of that being Routes 8 and 23. Enough to keep two guys busy in a snowstorm.

last town in western worcester county...town of hardwick. we are right on the quabbin res. im up for some shoots in wma and would attend when i can.

I'm in central MA but am willing to travel to a shoot. I already know a few of the western folks, and anyone is welcome to shoot what I have.

Jamie

Generous offers all!

Thank you Mark, Raoul, Lupus, Smitty, and Mrs. Wild for your generous offers! I'll check the schedule for the Members Only shoot (see, I knew that there was a very good reason to go green!) in November, and hopefully join you all there!

BUMMER!

The Great Shirley Pumpkin Massacre is on Thanksgiving weekend... I'll be out of the state celebrating with family... [frown]

Back
Top Bottom