• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Western MA reloading supplies

Welp I just ordered a Lee classic Turret press some dies and other tools I need for reloading. I've been collecting my brass in anticipation so I have plenty to get started. I've also found plenty of suppliers to get mail order if needed, but the hazmat shipping upcharge for primers has me thinking local sourcing may be a better option. Are there any good brick and mortar stores in western MA with good stock and prices on primers and powder?

Last edited:
Welp I just ordered a Lee classic Turret press some dies and other tools I need for reloading. I've been collecting my brass in anticipation so I have plent to get started. I've also found plenty of suppliers to get mail order if needed, but the hazmat shipping upcharge for primers has me thinking local sourcing may be a better option. Are there any good brick and mortar stores in western MA with good stock and prices on primers and powder?

Guns&Gear in Agawam usually has a good supply.
Guns&Gun Parts in West Springfield carries some.
Guns, Inc. surprisingly had very little last time I was in there.

Depending how far north you live, a good option is Trader John's in Winchester, NH. One of the best selections of powders I've seen outside of Cabelas. The owner is a bit of a curmudgeon but if you can get past that he is OK to deal with.

If all else fails, take the highway and you'll be at Cabela's in E. Hartford in a 1/2 hour. You can buy components but not ammo unless you get the special CT permission slip.

What you pay in fuel/time and added cost vs shipping and hazmat ordering online should pan out or be cheaper in the long run.
The key is to buy in bulk. Stock up.
You don't buy 2k primers at a time.
Most vendors will ship 4-6 8lb jugs in one box
Or 50k primers OR a combinAtion of the 2 up to about 48-50lbs.
Make friends with other reloaders and getting a max order to have shipping and hazmat to be a,non,issue is not hard. I can't help you with any ma stores. When I used to drive to stores for reloading stuff I would go to heritage gun and coin in CT

Back
Top Bottom