Western MA psychopath

A friend has a violent ex, restraining order but getting NO HELP from police in the face of continuing harassment.
The Pittsfield, MA police have warned her that, if she harms Jason Simpson in defending herself, she WILL spend some time in jail.

Lawyer up. But basically even if it's the most clear cut case of self defense in the world you're going to spend some time in handcuffs.

Can she take family leave time and disappear someplace?

What if he goes missing without any sign of foul play? Be creative...

A friend has a violent ex, restraining order but getting NO HELP from police in the face of continuing harassment.
The Pittsfield, MA police have warned her that, if she harms Jason Simpson in defending herself, she WILL spend some time in jail.

This just further illustrates how useless the police actually are. They do nothing to protect the victim and then threaten the victim with prosecution if she defends herself. Aren’t they such wonderful guys?

IMG_182044668265515.jpeg

I hope she has an LTC unrestricted, and she carry’s everywhere (as everyone should).

Make sure the police interactions are on the record, record everything (video and audio). Dash cam with sound is also advised.

The police have no duty to protect, been hashed out in court many times.

I’m guessing there’s a little more to this story than what’s been posted, not a rip on you it just sounds off to me. I didn’t click the FB link to read anything further.

Regardless there’s been some good advice offered already. Media/DA’s office for that region/Women’s DV group/record everything. Make them (police) work.

This just further illustrates how useless the police actually are. They do nothing to protect the victim and then threaten the victim with prosecution if she defends herself. Aren’t they such wonderful guys?
What are they supposed to do? Protect her 24/7?
Crimminy! The problem is that an RO is all they can do and then the real victims (those being harrassed) are threatened with ending up in jail if they defend themselves! Have her get a baseball bat and get her some lessons if she doesn't have a gun or want to get one.

It never fails to amaze me how a piece of paper can provide a woman protection against a belligerent, adrenaline pumped ass$$le.

Check these folks out if in Mass:

The New England Learning Center for Women in Transition (NELCWIT) is the rape crisis and domestic violence center of Franklin County and the North Quabbin

NELCWIT

I hear their add on late night radio all the time.

What are they supposed to do? Protect her 24/7?
Crimminy! The problem is that an RO is all they can do and then the real victims (those being harrassed) are threatened with ending up in jail if they defend themselves! Have her get a baseball bat and get her some lessons if she doesn't have a gun or want to get one.

What are they supposed to do? FFS..Not threatening the victim might be a good start. Maybe at least having a chat with Mr. Stalker guy might be something to do as well. The OP states there is been continued harassment. With the restraining order in place my understanding is even a phone call could warrant and arrest. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Maybe she needs a "service animal" of about 100 pounds, with big teeth and a bad attitude. Shelters are full of them, and there's a Doberman on wmass craigslist with "aggression issues."

If she doesn't have an LTC, or it's restricted, have her get a big-ass can of pepper spray for the house; a medium sized can of pepper spray for her purse; and one of the small ones for her key chain.

Then have her practice on how to use them. Then she can at least burn his f***ing eyes out of his head.

What are they supposed to do? FFS..Not threatening the victim might be a good start. Maybe at least having a chat with Mr. Stalker guy might be something to do as well. The OP states there is been continued harassment. With the restraining order in place my understanding is even a phone call could warrant and arrest. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
If there is continued harassment (I went back and re-read the post) then yes, they should toss him in jail for violating the RO. I wonder what the details of the RO state and what he is doing. I had a friend whose ex had to ordered by the divorce court judge to stop sending her harassing texts and stop calling her. The only contact he was allowed was texting to arrange swapping the kids or financial and medical things.

OP doesn't explain the harassment and if it is a violation of the RO.

I’m guessing there’s a little more to this story than what’s been posted, not a rip on you it just sounds off to me. I didn’t click the FB link to read anything further.

I'll go a little further. I don't see any PD not enforcing an RO if a guy violates the order.
OP posts the guys name, why? Just looking for uniformed support for your side of the story?
Facebook link is "unavailable"

I'm guessing both parties are off the rails. And there is nothing the PD can act on but she wants him arrested anyway. Not saying the guy isn't a piece of shit, just saying there is way more to this story.

I'll go a little further. I don't see any PD not enforcing an RO if a guy violates the order.
OP posts the guys name, why? Just looking for uniformed support for your side of the story?

I'm guessing both parties are off the rails. And there is nothing the PD can act on but she wants him arrested anyway. Not saying the guy isn't a piece of shit, just saying there is way more to this story.

The FB link goes to a "closed" FB group with a group pic of a large, unattractive man cuddling with rifles. (not kidding). NOT joining the group to find out what the specific post linked, says.

Jim, nope, different guy.

Sorry I didn't give more details in OP
Here's a quick summary. He had beaten her a couple times, trashed her apartment and belongings,and tried to choke her out. He was sentenced to a longer jail term, but released for good behavior after 60 days. There is a restraining order denying him any contact.
Since his release, he mediately began sending her very threatening texts about destroying her and her life. A slew of them, all sent from his phone. He also keyed her car with obscene and threatening messages and put some hefty dents in it.

Pittsfield PD told her that anyone could have cloned his phone and sent the texts. The threatening phone calls from his house? Told her basically the same. No proof that he was the one who keyed her car.
They also told her that if she harms him in defending herself, she will be doing jail time.

Sorry the link didn't work. I am not at all savvy about computers since they graduated from MS DOS and UNIX. I wanted to share the original texts and her statements. These things always sound a little sketchy, third hand.
Thanks, Deserttr8er, for the message. Good suggestion, I will pass the NELCWIT info along

Back
Top Bottom