Western MA psychopath

This is the part I think everyone is having some trouble with.

Is it possible they feel she's contributing to the situation? Does she have history with them?

No, she is actually a law abiding upstanding citizen, as far as I know. I am starting to wonder if this dirt bag guy has some kind of informant status with the PD or something.
The thing that surprised me is how fast he got out of jail

It could just be Pittsfield PD policy to discourage citizens from getting their LTC.
DA Capeless is gone and I know little about the new mayor, DA or other city officials. I stay away from that town, up here on my mountain in the forest

Of course the PD told her that if she fights back she's going to jail.

Say it with me, folks: "We don't encourage self help in Massachusetts."
Mrs. Flare and I interviewed for our ALP LTC with the same chief and he told us pretty much the same thing:

If you shoot someone you will be arrested and it will be up to the DA to decide from there.

If he got out after 60 days (for what sounds like several DV charges that got him put away) for good behavior then I’d assume he’d be on parole for the remainder of his time owed. He must have a Parole Officer she can speak with who would in turn hopefully go pick this guy up and lock him up again.

Still doesn’t make sense to me though, allegedly upstanding woman, batterer already locked up, now out, and continues to terrorize her, and the cops are seemingly blowing it off? Just doesn’t compute in my head right now.

If, and that’s a big if right now, you’re being told the whole story accurately, which I doubt, she would have one helluva lawsuit against the PD.

If she hasn’t already spoken to this guys PO, she’s wasting time.
If she hasn’t already retained an attorney to assist her with the PD’s alleged lack of response to the RO, she’s wasting time.

Last edited:
50 years ago.......the local police would have paid him a visit and "tuned him up"! Sadly those days are looooong gone.

And some people here would complain about jack booted thuggery, even for that.

And some people here would complain about jack booted thuggery, even for that.
50 years ago? Much less whining back then. Lots of shit got taken care of at the "lowest possible echelon" of reality.

No, she is actually a law abiding upstanding citizen, as far as I know. I am starting to wonder if this dirt bag guy has some kind of informant status with the PD or something.

It could just be Pittsfield PD policy to discourage citizens from getting their LTC.
DA Capeless is gone and I know little about the new mayor, DA or other city officials. I stay away from that town, up here on my mountain in the forest

I would be inclined to think there is a relative on the PD.

Capeless sucked. New mayor sucks. I've never heard anything bad about the chief. IIRC when he got the position he put out the APB for anyone with restrictions to swing by and get them removed (that was before I got my license). He only issues ALP and the "interview" is just sitting down with the woman who processes licenses to take prints/photos and make sure all of your paperwork is in order. As far as I know the Pittsfield PD is decent.

Pittsfield PD told her that anyone could have cloned his phone and sent the texts. The threatening phone calls from his house? Told her basically the same.

Oh yes, of course. Because that's obviously a more likely scenario that some random person out there would go through all the effort to clone the phone of someone who happens to be the psychotic ex, to pretend to send threatening texts from him. And to then use a voice changer and caller ID spoofing software to pretend to be him too.

Are we sure the Pittsfield PD aren't retarded or something?

Oh yes, of course. Because that's obviously a more likely scenario that some random person out there would go through all the effort to clone the phone of someone who happens to be the psychotic ex, to pretend to send threatening texts from him. And to then use a voice changer and caller ID spoofing software to pretend to be him too.

Are we sure the Pittsfield PD aren't retarded or something?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAOHof4GmM

Capeless sucked. New mayor sucks. I've never heard anything bad about the chief. IIRC when he got the position he put out the APB for anyone with restrictions to swing by and get them removed (that was before I got my license). He only issues ALP and the "interview" is just sitting down with the woman who processes licenses to take prints/photos and make sure all of your paperwork is in order. As far as I know the Pittsfield PD is decent.

Previous chief wouldn't issue ALP except to the connected few, it was a red town for a very long time. I knew the current chief a little when I was growing up, he's smart & a good guy and changed the policy as soon as he got in. Capeless stunk & the DA's office was not competent. That being said, its not just a Mass thing for an arrest to happen after a self defense shooting unless it is really cut & dry.

If he got out after 60 days (for what sounds like several DV charges that got him put away) for good behavior then I’d assume he’d be on parole for the remainder of his time owed. He must have a Parole Officer she can speak with who would in turn hopefully go pick this guy up and reincarnate him.

Still doesn’t make sense to me though, allegedly upstanding woman, batterer already locked up, now out, and continues to terrorize her, and the cops are seemingly blowing it off? Just doesn’t compute in my head right now.

If, and that’s a big if right now, you’re being told the whole story accurately, which I doubt, she would have one helluva lawsuit against the PD.

If she hasn’t already spoken to this guys PO, she’s wasting time.
If she hasn’t already retained an attorney to assist her with the PD’s alleged lack of response to the RO, she’s wasting time.

I think offing the bastard is a little hasty. He's threatened her, yeah, but killing him outright just seems... cold...

Doesn't surprise me with Pittsfield PD. A coworker last year let a female friend stay in his spare bedroom for a few days and then refused to leave. Pittsfield pd said sorry nothing we can do with out a no trespass order. Went to court and got the order and they said sorry not our problem call the sheriffs department.

A coworker last year let a female friend stay in his spare bedroom for a few days and then refused to leave.

Best thing to do with someone who won't leave... is to not let them.

I’d go and have a sit down with the police chief, if that gets you nothing then try the state police. I’d make every attempt to get help from the police as often as I could, it will be a better defense on her behalf if she does kill this idiot or it will be justification for a massive lawsuit from her family if the guy whacks her.

Doesn't surprise me with Pittsfield PD. A coworker last year let a female friend stay in his spare bedroom for a few days and then refused to leave. Pittsfield pd said sorry nothing we can do with out a no trespass order. Went to court and got the order and they said sorry not our problem call the sheriffs department.
You may not like it, but it is the law. Police are prohibited from serving CIVIL process. Constables and Deputy Sheriffs (only those in the Civil Process Division) can/do serve civil process.

Why is he complaining? If he was lonely, he now as a girlfriend. On second though... she just have been a piece of work. OUT!!!

You may not like it, but it is the law. Police are prohibited from serving CIVIL process. Constables and Deputy Sheriffs (only those in the Civil Process Division) can/do serve civil process.
Then what is the point of a no trespass order if it cant/wont be enforced. From what i was told PFPD told him to contact the sheriffs department who in turn told him to contact PFPD who again told him to contact the sheriffs department who then told him he needs to have her evicted. After that run around he changed the locks and she preceded to bust in a window. PFPD showed up and again said not our problem noting we can do. So how in the world do you have someone removed from your own home?

Why is he complaining? If he was lonely, he now as a girlfriend. On second though... she just have been a piece of work. OUT!!!
She's crazy. Not even remotely attractive. And she steals all his change. Doesnt have a job. Pretty much scum but the guy has a heart of gold and is not pretty much stuck with her because no one will throw her out.

Back
Top Bottom