Western MA News: Legal gun ownership increases in MA

CAR

http://www.westernmassnews.com/story/36892540/legal-gun-ownership-increases-in-massachusetts
http://www.westernmassnews.com/story/36892540/legal-gun-ownership-increases-in-massachusetts

Not a terrible article - I did get a laugh from the comment at the end, apparently Crystal is advocating for mental health tests to drive a car or something - "It needs to be more like owning and operating a car, with regular licensing checks and mental stability tests".... so, actually, nothing like owning and operating a car. And I don't know the Officer Wilk quoted in the article but I like them already.

Crystal has been snorting too much "crystal", her brain is addled with bullshit.

So we went to the Chicopee Police Department to find out just what the process is for getting a class license.

To start, you'll need to make an appointment, bring a driver's license, and money for the fee.

You'll take a safety course and need two references.

Chicopee is one of several police departments that also requires an applicant to fire a gun with an instructor.

So that's not exactly the process. It should read:

1. Sign up for an applicable safety course, wait a month for your class.
2. Attend the class.
3. Make appointment with the Police Department.
4. Wait two months for appointment.
5. Bring paperwork, extra paperwork required by your town, and a check (cashier's?) for $100, have photograph and fingerprints taken.
6. Wait three to four months while they run many background checks on you and get approvals from a few departments.
7. Receive license.

While a good article, the author made it sound like it's a lot more casual than it really is.

1 in 10 own a gun in Mass?

Does that include 3rd graders?

Just give me the stat for 21+ of age residents. What percentage of people over 21 have a LTC?

I like to drive and count the oncoming cars. Maybe 1 out of 50 are CCW in the cars that pass me.

Here would be a great stat: how many residents - without a Felony conviction - own a gun?

So that's not exactly the process. It should read:

1. Sign up for an applicable safety course, wait a month for your class.
2. Attend the class.
3. Make appointment with the Police Department.
4. Wait two months for appointment.
5. Bring paperwork, extra paperwork required by your town, and a check (cashier's?) for $100, have photograph and fingerprints taken.
6. Wait three to four months while they run many background checks on you and get approvals from a few departments.
7. Receive license.

While a good article, the author made it sound like it's a lot more casual than it really is.

Chicopee does same day appointments so there is little wait there.
No photo or finger prints anymore.

Officer Michael Wilk is the Public Information Officer for the Chicopee P.D.

He is one of the good guys.

Bob

They need to have the officer call Marjorie decker the rep for Cambridge. and let her know that gun ownership is a constitutional right and not a privledge.. and set that retard straight. on her coment at the statehouse meeting . :D

While Crystal said:

“Owning a gun in this country should be harder not easier. It needs to be more like owning and operating a car, with regular licensing checks and mental stability tests. With all the shootings going on, more guns only make things more unsafe

Except for that recent church shooting, where a parishioner with an AR-15 prevented the nutcase from killing even more people...

... No photo or finger prints anymore ...

For an LTC? Where?

They are taken electronically, now, in a lot of places, but taken they are.

Except for that recent church shooting, where a parishioner with an AR-15 prevented the nutcase from killing even more people...

For an LTC? Where?

They are taken electronically, now, in a lot of places, but taken they are.

Yes but you don't need to bring the pictures like you used to like the old days.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom