Western MA Getogather?

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You guys are something else. Western MA doesn't even start until you cross over Rte 91

Springfield is central MA. How can Worcester possibly be in western MA? Worcester is 2 1/2 hours from the NY border
1581885934421.png

But more importantly, what's a the menus of these establishments?

44marty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So - by me saying I was in CENTRAL ma you took that as me saying western ma?
...reading is fun.
And no - Springfield is definitely considered western ma. Look at a map some day.
Yes, you did say central MA. I'm not trying to start an argument here.
I can understand why most members want to meet in Springfield, or points east. Roads suck once you get west of 91. Out this way, not only towns but entire counties are forgotten

44marty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 332208

But more importantly, what's a the menus of these establishments?
You have a point there. KOTO in Pittsfield is the only restaurant within 50 miles I would highly recommend. It's a nasty spot to ask anyone to drive to. Best way would be to jump off 91 onto Rte 9 and drive an hour east.
There was an amazing steak/seafood/bar in Dalton , but it closed several years ago.
Lanesboro Pizza is good, if you happen to be traveling Rte 7. The owner is a great guy too

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
You guys are something else. Western MA doesn't even start until you cross over Rte 91

Springfield is central MA. How can Worcester possibly be in western MA? Worcester is 2 1/2 hours from the NY border
They're being facetious, making fun of the idiot politicians and townies inside the 93/95/128 belt that think that driving past their quadrant on the belt is "far". Like when mumbles menino once made a quip about "the big dig will help connect people to western mass, out by Newton...." etc. It's making fun of the f***o moron townie mindset. Most people outside of the big loops know exactly what I'm talking about. It's so bad that at one point many years ago, some guy made up a fake town called Ripton, MA, and got the legislature to believe that it existed and allocated money to it.... [rofl]

Springfield is definitely western mass, though. If you chunked MA into 4 regions (the 4th being the cape/islands) Springfield is definitely in the westmost quadrant.... [laugh]

413dan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
sounds like we're up for another fun get together. I can accommodate either location either day barring any unforeseen last minute issues. always good to share a meal with some like minded folks. everybody else I know gives the oh great more info or chitter chatter about guns eye roll look far too often. ive basically just stopped altogether. that's what my NES friends are for lol

44marty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like we're up for another fun get together. I can accommodate either location either day barring any unforeseen last minute issues. always good to share a meal with some like minded folks. everybody else I know gives the oh great more info or chitter chatter about guns eye roll look far too often. ive basically just stopped altogether. that's what my NES friends are for lol
I don't let the eye rolls stop me. There's always at least one person in the group interested in talking about guns

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe it's time for another Central Mass one. We've done the Yong Shing, Jasmine's, Canal Grille, and Post Office Pub. All were good. I think the Yong Shing has gone downhill. Lots of places in Worcester now.

Two good places in Western Mass:
Fitzwilly's in Northampton
The Student Prince in Springfield (REALLY GOOD!)

... making fun of the idiot politicians and townies inside the 93/95/128 belt that think that driving past their quadrant on the belt is "far". Like when mumbles menino once made a quip about "the big dig will help connect people to western mass, out by Newton...." etc. It's making fun of the f***o moron townie mindset. Most people outside of the big loops know exactly what I'm talking about. It's so bad that at one point many years ago, some guy made up a fake town called Ripton, MA, and got the legislature to believe that it existed and allocated money to it.... [rofl]...

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Berkshire County is part of MASS? I thought you were in New York State?
In actuality we are being invaded by NYers. I've been wanting to build the wall but too many of them are here now.
When I walk down the street I am nauseated by all the Yankees hats, with the occasional Mets tossed in for good measure.
The up side is they have money and we locals have two sets of pricing, one for weekenders and one for locals.

JDL

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

or see above post

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like 20th works best for most people, so let's do that.

Seeing as how some NESers from other parts of the state join us it makes sense to go with something closer to 90. So let's plan for the Steaming Tender in Palmer unless anyone has any objections. I'll compile a list of everyone that committed tomorrow so we can see what we have for #'s

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks away from the date. Just curious if anyone's plans are changing due to the corona virus situation or any other reason. Please update if your status has changed. Thanks.

Top Bottom