Western MA Getogather?

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think it's about time we plan another dinner get together.

I can take the lead on this one so we can give @413dan a break.

I'm thinking a Friday or Saturday in March. For me, the 13th, 14th or 20th are the best nights that month.

My suggestion for a location is Family Pizza in Springfield. It's not in a bad part of Springfield, easy to get to from 91, great food (beat pizza in the city), great staff, great owners. Only drawback is a small parking lot so people will have to park on the adjacent side street. (Again, it's a safe area of Springfield)

Obviously, we can collectively decide on a different location.

All details subject to change especially if we are in the middle of a Corona outbreak.

Who is in?
Mrs. Flare and I would be in.

ETA: Thanks for doing this @5811.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I think it's about time we plan another dinner get together.

I can take the lead on this one so we can give @413dan a break.

I'm thinking a Friday or Saturday in March. For me, the 13th, 14th or 20th are the best nights that month.

My suggestion for a location is Family Pizza in Springfield. It's not in a bad part of Springfield, easy to get to from 91, great food (beat pizza in the city), great staff, great owners. Only drawback is a small parking lot so people will have to park on the adjacent side street. (Again, it's a safe area of Springfield)

Obviously, we can collectively decide on a different location.

All details subject to change especially if we are in the middle of a Corona outbreak.

Who is in?
In, open to anything Mar 7 or later.

-Mike

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone planning to attend feel free to suggest another location if you'd like. I'm very confident everyone would he satisfied if we go to Family Pizza, but I'm certainly open to going elsewhere

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Family Pizza is good but one of the issues we had last time was trying to find a place which was easy to get to, especially for those coming some distance and which could handle a group.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly open to suggestions, I figured it would be easy because it's on Sumner Ave, which connects to 91. They can accommodate a party of up to about 15 people.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A new wing place just opened in Agawam. It’s called The Hangar. Easy access off the highway and decent parking, and it should be able to accommodate a group as it’s basically a sports bar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far we have 3 options for dates and 3 options for locations. Everyone that's committed please throw a vote out for the date and location.

-March 13
-March 14
-March 20

-Family Pizza Springfield, great pizza and other typical Italian food
-Steaming Tender Palmer, great prime rib and other great choices
-Hangar Agawam - new wing place, probably other bar/pub food

I'll vote for the 13th and Family Pizza

..... But I'll be happy with any of the dates and locations

Woodstock

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
A new wing place just opened in Agawam. It’s called The Hangar. Easy access off the highway and decent parking, and it should be able to accommodate a group as it’s basically a sports bar.
The Hangar has great wings (been to the one in Amherst), but if it's like the Amherst one it's louder than loud. Can't hold a conversation if you had bullhorns.

JDL

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any day any place is good for me, although not as keen about the Hanger, Steaming Tenders would be my first choice. then Family Pizza then the Hanger .

44marty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s when you gather in the ghetto.

And I too am in the forgotten central MA area
Isn’t Western Mass anything outside 128?
You guys are something else. Western MA doesn't even start until you cross over Rte 91

Springfield is central MA. How can Worcester possibly be in western MA? Worcester is 2 1/2 hours from the NY border

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are something else. Western MA doesn't even start until you cross over Rte 91

Springfield is central MA. How can Worcester possibly be in western MA? Worcester is 2 1/2 hours from the NY border
So - by me saying I was in CENTRAL ma you took that as me saying western ma?
...reading is fun.
And no - Springfield is definitely considered western ma. Look at a map some day.

Top Bottom