West Springfield show May 4th

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if anyone is planning on attending Saturday morning but a local Boy Scout Troop is going to be doing a pancake breakfast from 8am to 11:30am. It's located at the Agawam Lions Club in the Big E Fairgrounds. Cost will be $5. Pancakes, eggs and bacon with milk and coffee. A 50/50 raffle will be going on as well as another drawing that you just need to bring a non-perishable food item as a donation.
Thank you all for your time and have a great weekend.

Thanks for the info about the breakfast.

I think I’m heading to the show. It’s a long drive so I’ll decide in the morning.

Does anyone know if this show is better than the eastern Ma ones? By better I mean more tables, more guns and parts and less of the flea market crap.

Thanks for any input.

I made a spur of the moment decision this morning to go to this show. Got there just a few minutes after opening. It was held the in the Young Building which is just across from the Better Living Center. This is a smaller building so there was not as much open space - but it still was not crowded. Also, the ammo section is inside, cordoned off to one side and I think if you bought anything you have to take it out immediately.

Heard one dealer talking on the phone saying that the crowd seemed small to him. He listened to the call for a minute then replies, "Maybe that's why." Don't know what he was referencing. Maybe the Noho Pride Parade?

Prices seemed to be a bit high but I'm a bit out of touch with current price points now so it was hard to say. The only actual comparison I could make was a Marlin 1895 Cowboy in .45/70 I've been looking at in a local shop. Show price was $1,198, same as it was in the store. I did look closely at a S&W Pre-Model 15 (actually a 4" K-38 Combat Masterpiece) in good shape for $639, but without original grips. Too high in that condition IMHO but that might be the market right now.

Did see a plastic box filled with "Pre ban Glock Mags". Had no markings of any kind, not even caliber designation. Even felt cheap. Quickly passed by these.

All in all, not very exciting. In order to not leave empty handed I bought two plastic MTM mini ammo cans. Salvaged the trip by stopping at the White Hut on the way home for two good, greasy cheeseburgers.

I made a spur of the moment decision this morning to go to this show. Got there just a few minutes after opening. It was held the in the Young Building which is just across from the Better Living Center. This is a smaller building so there was not as much open space - but it still was not crowded. Also, the ammo section is inside, cordoned off to one side and I think if you bought anything you have to take it out immediately.

Heard one dealer talking on the phone saying that the crowd seemed small to him. He listened to the call for a minute then replies, "Maybe that's why." Don't know what he was referencing. Maybe the Noho Pride Parade?

Prices seemed to be a bit high but I'm a bit out of touch with current price points now so it was hard to say. The only actual comparison I could make was a Marlin 1895 Cowboy in .45/70 I've been looking at in a local shop. Show price was $1,198, same as it was in the store. I did look closely at a S&W Pre-Model 15 (actually a 4" K-38 Combat Masterpiece) in good shape for $639, but without original grips. Too high in that condition IMHO but that might be the market right now.

Did see a plastic box filled with "Pre ban Glock Mags". Had no markings of any kind, not even caliber designation. Even felt cheap. Quickly passed by these.

All in all, not very exciting. In order to not leave empty handed I bought two plastic MTM mini ammo cans. Salvaged the trip by stopping at the White Hut on the way home for two good, greasy cheeseburgers.
. Were there a lot of dealers there? I decided against going I didn’t think many would be there.

Tombstone, Guns and Gun Parts, a few others. Probably more knives than normal.

I forgot to add, the price of admission has gone up. $13, $12 if you have a coupon.

Back
Top Bottom