• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Springfield Gun show

Riverview in Windsor had tons of American Eagle .38 sp today for ~$21 today. Also had some WWB 9mm value packs for ~$35. A decent assortment of .44 sp and mag.

I've been to Guns Inc twice this week (first time since the remodel) place looks much better, they had a dozen or so bodyguard 380s and almost as many bodyguard 38s. When I went in today all the gun shelves were nearly bare, at first I thought 'Wow they must've had a busy week!' then I realized they had probably just packed it all in for the gun show this weekend. I did pick up a couple G27 mags for $25 with pinky extenders though.

Just went for no good reason this morning. The line to get in a little after nine wrapped around two sides of the Better Living Center building. Then once inside, I headed for the ammo tent, and there was a huge line and about a 45 minute wait to get into the tent. (There has NEVER been a line for the ammo tent) Once inside the tent, the reloading vendor was not there, so no components, bummer. The ammo guys had a "deal" on 1000 round box of 55g privit-partizan brass cased 5.56 for $750 CASH! What a sweet deal. Also had a 1000 round box of 115g 9mm PPU brass cased for $324. I passed on both.

Inside, many of the tables were 3 and 4 people deep. Some dealers like Guns and Gear had 8-9 people in line for the gun purchase paperwork. Today had the most people I've ever seen at a West Springfield show. So if you go, plan for lines and delays.

Took me about 40 mins to get a ticket and about 40 to get to the ammo tent. I was in the tent around 11am and they still had a bunch of cases left. Steep in price. 5.56 1000 rounds for $750 plus tax.

Just went for no good reason this morning. The line to get in a little after nine wrapped around two sides of the Better Living Center building. Then once inside, I headed for the ammo tent, and there was a huge line and about a 45 minute wait to get into the tent. (There has NEVER been a line for the ammo tent) Once inside the tent, the reloading vendor was not there, so no components, bummer. The ammo guys had a "deal" on 1000 round box of 55g privit-partizan brass cased 5.56 for $750 CASH! What a sweet deal. Also had a 1000 round box of 115g 9mm PPU brass cased for $324. I passed on both.

Inside, many of the tables were 3 and 4 people deep. Some dealers like Guns and Gear had 8-9 people in line for the gun purchase paperwork. Today had the most people I've ever seen at a West Springfield show. So if you go, plan for lines and delays.

Jesus!!

We left around 12:15 and there were no lines waiting to get in. Only bought some jerky and a couple of books (including one that has been going on Amazon and EBay for $90 on up for only $12).

The way things are, I don't think anyone going to get a 'good deal'

A friend of mine who used to be a car salesman for a big Chevy dealer said to me once....that if they (the customer) think they got a good deal, then it is a good deal. You have to think on that one I guess.

Best thing I've seen at the shows(cough cough Marlboro cough) are 50 round glock mags and misc parts for your Garand. Other than that a total waste of time. Oh! I forgot! The 2 for 1 knife deals!![rofl]
Oh! And the bozo selling the bodyguards for $475 AND GETTIN IT!

I went out to Nick's in Palmer...no line....bought my .223 ammo and picked up a Mossberg AR15/22 for $350 and a brick of .22 LR to boot.
Gonna shoot it up tomorrow at the range.....yes

I went out to Nick's in Palmer...no line....bought my .223 ammo and picked up a Mossberg AR15/22 for $350 and a brick of .22 LR to boot.
Gonna shoot it up tomorrow at the range.....yes

Nicks is a great place and like you said no lines. Why go fight a swarm of people just to find nothing there.

Nick's is a nice shop bought a 9mm Shield for me and 1 for my better half and 4 boxes of 9mm ammo. Went to the gun show at The Big E and I thought it was a waste of time. Bldg only 3/4 full of vendors, tons of people and everything in the ammo tent was vastly overpriced. Better off going to Nicks, Guns Inc or Guns & Gun Parts.

The show wasn't that bad this time...

I went Sunday, got there later than I wanted to, so I had to rush...

I found the AR stuff I was looking for at a good price, I found two Thompson stick mags (only ones in the building) and the guy gave them to me at a good price...

I went out to the ammo tent, they were just getting ready to close up even though the show was still open for another hour... I had a hard time getting someone to help me, when I did I asked what the closing price was, the box was maked $450, she said "$450 and I'll just sell it at the next show", I said "ya but you won't have to carry two cases home if you sell them to me now", she just looked at me again and said, "I'll sell them at the next show"...

The ammo folks at the Big E show have always been AH's and they still are...

I went on Sunday.....glad I don't "need" anything as prices were comical....Troy Ar-15 for $2100.....Stag AR $1600.....I did get a good deal on a Fenix TK75 with the extender and 8 batteries from bugoutusa....

What were AR mags going for?QUOTE]

I went early on Saturday morning to look around. Saw a table with AR 30rnd mags for $40 each. There was about 20 people swarming around the 5ft table. There wasn't much of anything that wasn't jacked in price. I'm glad I didn't need anything. There was about 200 people waiting in line for the ammo tent. It became crowded quick, and people were acting like jackwagons so I didn't stay long.

Once again I took a pass on this show and will continue to do so,, plain and simple it sux! Too much to park, too much to get in, stupid prices on everything and the food sux as do the food prices. Think that about covers it.

Once again I took a pass on this show and will continue to do so,, plain and simple it sux! Too much to park, too much to get in, stupid prices on everything and the food sux as do the food prices. Think that about covers it.

Well it was only $5 to park, so that wasn't bad...

Some of the prices sucked, but I was able to talk the people that I bought stuff from down to good pricing (except the AH Ammo people)...

There was a Asian couple that had a bunch of AR stuff and a lot of other goodies, they treated me great, he showed me other choices for what I wanted and they gave me great prices on the stuff I bought from them...
I think I dropped better than $100 with them in 10 minutes or so... They were selling a lot of stuff, so they must have had a real good weekend... I wish I had grabed a card from them, I forgot to...

The food was real good, the wife went over to the "Deerfield Craft Fair", when the Gun Show closed I went over there, got in for free because Deb had bought something and the guy let me in to get it, while we were in there we went over to the 50's Dinner and had a great Burger and fries...

We got there on Sunday around 12, so all the madness was over, the dealers were doing better deals because the show was ending...

I wish we had got there around 10 so I could have had more time to look around, but I got what I went there for at good prices, than had good food...

Last edited:
I spent 2 hours on Sat.....20 min to get in. Did not bother with the 45 min wait for the ammo tent. I did purchase 4 booklets for some of the rifles & handguns I own and bought a nylon sling. Spent about $45.00 total including entry ticket. OK show for a Saturday morning time killer.

ay thoughts on the upcoming show this weekend, or will it be some of the same we saw a few months ago?

It always is the same stuff from shows, months and sometimes years past.

In general I agree with hankster, but you never know. If you have to come any distance it would be a gamble. But people have found good things there from time to time.

In general I agree with hankster, but you never know. If you have to come any distance it would be a gamble. But people have found good things there from time to time.

Yea, its a long drive for me.... I may still come since this is the last show for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom