West Springfield Gun Show

Did he have any AK vented gas tubes?

Hmmmm, ya know I think he may have had one or it may have been the guy from Ohio.. Sherluk.. I'm a newbie, so I am not sure what it looks like, but I remember seeing something that looked like the top piece on the AK. I am actually going right now over to Auto-sport to pick up a Romanian AK with some O dat money.. :) I can check with Walt over there and see if he has one, how much, email me, I can check. I'll be driving right by the show, got a stamp on my hand, can go back in.. got my berry in my pocket...

No big deal. I just wanted to know what he was getting for them. I have one on order for a Saiga conversion and didn't know if the show vendor was selling them cheap or not. I paid $25 w/shipping for the one I have on order.

This is a gas tube:

ak47gastube.jpg

yep, that was it, the wood wasn't as nice looking, but that looks like it, didn't see the price. I may go back over tomorrow... but my grand is gone.. 500 to the wife, 450 for the AK... I like it, has UTG furniture with a forward grip, 2 magazine..

I thought the show was waaayyy better than the last couple. I live pretty close, so why not check it out...

On the "Can't afford it, but interesting" side, a NH dealer to the right side front had a WWII German MG42 side by side with an M60 for sale. Interesting to see up close. Both priced north of $25K each. Also had a Sten gun at $6800.

The BATFE had a table.... and everyone gave them about 10 feet of clear aisle around it. Kinda funny, with 2 guys in DARK SUITS and TIES. Wonder what neat stuff they were selling? I did not inquire.

Very crowded this morning, with a long line to get in. Inside about 60% of the building had tables, but the crowd in the aisles felt more like going in buildings during the Big E. Found what I needed and then poked around for a couple of hours. The appleseed folks had a schedule of shoots and information, and there were three dealers who had the new S&W Bodyguard 380 @ $399 but at least they had a few for sale. Pete's had a Benelli Super Sport that really need to save some cash for. And saw paperwork being done on used 2nd gen Glocks at more than one dealer.

Big turn out today. It's good to see more vendors. Too bad I couldn't find a IWB holster for my Sigma.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I'll be weaseling my way in volunteering @ the GOAL booth Sunday afternoon. Hopefully the place isn't completely cleared out by then.

Pop over to the Appleseed booth and say hi. I'll be there from noon til teardown.

Well, just got back from the show and was a bit impressed. VERY crowded, much more than I recall for a while. Still only about 60% of the hall was used but the aisles were crowded in most spots, sometimes to the point where you copuld not pass.

I actually liked it a lot better than the Marlborough show.

Also met an impressive youg man (teen-ager type) who, a year ago had never held a firearm and had learned and worked his way up to being an instructor. Very well-spoken and was a good representative of the Appleseed organization.

Yup, Blake's first targets looked more like shotgun patterns but he persisted and now makes nice tight groups. First shoot was in May, I think, and he shot Rifleman in November. He's well on his way to Instructor (once he hits 16, anyway).

I talked with Blake briefly. Nice kid I was in my normal gun show mode, see as much as possible an get he hell out. Ive pmed back an forth with you Dwarven, but I dont know faces and didnt read this before I left. So i usually dont meet many of the guys on the site.
The show for me was disapponting and will be my last for a while. Was able to pick up a set of pin and block gauges for an upcooming Fal project. Other than that gooseegg.

The show for me was disapponting and will be my last for a while. Was able to pick up a set of pin and block gauges for an upcooming Fal project. Other than that gooseegg.

Disappointing in which way? Didn't find enough to buy?

Well I didn't meet many NES folks so my donation to Comm2A is $25.00 ...better than nothing I guess. For the few who stopped by, thanks for doing so. The donation will help the cause.

I got fitted for some custom earplugs and bought some jerky. Other than that I didnt really need anything. I thought it was alot better than the last couple of shows that were held there.

I concur with what the others said, much better than the last bunch of shows. Maybe the hobby will continue to pick up steam and fill that damn place like years ago. I made up for the last few and actually purchased a some things. Notably a spankin' new 16" barrel Henry Lever .22 for plinkn'.
I'll post a pic later.

I stopped by and talked with Fred(50BMG) for a while...(glad I could help the COMM2A cause!)...I talked with the guys at Appleseed; I think I'm going to sign up for Hartford- Sorry I missed you Ross....

The show seemed pretty busy.... I didn't buy anything other than some batteries for my flashlight.

It was nice to see people buying.....

Stopped going here years ago decided to give it another shot (no pun intended) Not really worth it and I get free parking due to being a town resident. Too Crowded to be able to look things over good. With all the empty space towards the back of the building I think they should of spread it out more. Not like it's more to heat since it's all open space. Give people room to look at stuff and walk around. Several items I was interested in but just left. Not going to be jarred around by people when I'm trying to look or keep asking people if I could get in to see something while they just stand in front of items having a jolly ole conversation. Ammo, bullet, powder prices weren't anything spectacular. I'd just as soon pay a little more to give the local gun dealers the sales. Tis a shame. Use to spend better part of a day there.

Well I didn't meet many NES folks so my donation to Comm2A is $25.00 ...better than nothing I guess. For the few who stopped by, thanks for doing so. The donation will help the cause.

Earlier in this thread you said your goal was $50 so I've matched your donation. Sandy and I really appreciated your help on Saturday.

Earlier in this thread you said your goal was $50 so I've matched your donation. Sandy and I really appreciated your help on Saturday.

OUTSTANDING!!!!! Thank you so much!!! rep points inbound

Shit..MOD HELP please, I deducted points instead of giving points. please please reverse my FU.

Stopped going here years ago decided to give it another shot (no pun intended) Not really worth it and I get free parking due to being a town resident. Too Crowded to be able to look things over good. With all the empty space towards the back of the building I think they should of spread it out more. Not like it's more to heat since it's all open space. Give people room to look at stuff and walk around. Several items I was interested in but just left. Not going to be jarred around by people when I'm trying to look or keep asking people if I could get in to see something while they just stand in front of items having a jolly ole conversation. Ammo, bullet, powder prices weren't anything spectacular. I'd just as soon pay a little more to give the local gun dealers the sales. Tis a shame. Use to spend better part of a day there.

From my post on the Wimington Show:

50 BMG

Worked the show this weekend. It was very busy. Saw SKS Ray and Zappa and some other fellow NES folks.

Same idiots who go to the other shows and complain about anything and everything were there as well. You know who you are.

Its a ma. gun show and the promoter only allows dealers who she has past experience with. She runs Marlboro, Springfield, and Wilmington. So if you are going to bitch that its the same stuff well DUH. Its the same vendors.

If you want to see new shining stuff at Bass pro, Dicks etc. then go there. Half the fun of going to these shows is finding the one item you want. Not trying to find as many things to find fault with.

I got the usual, I had one of those 12 gauge Saiga's and only paid half what they are selling for now ....well stupid you should not have sold it. (No I didn't have any for sale). The prices are just to high from the distributors).

All in all saw my usual buddies, gave them some deals, (or free,) and if they were looking for something and I knew another dealer who had it I would go over and try and get them a deal. But the constant complaining after each and every show by the same folks here gets really old. IMO

seadog, try going Sunday. less people.

I actually thought I saw some vendors that I don't remember from Marlborough. I definitely liked the show. No, I didn't see many bargains (I did see a couple of shooter-grade Lugers for like $770 and $875 - wish I'd had the cash for one of them), but there were some non-gun dealers that had militaria (go figure, it's a gun & militaria show!) that was nice to see.

I'd probably go back there sooner than I'd go to Marlborough - the lanes were bigger so even with the crowds it was easier to get around.

X2 for 50bmg... I live in town, free parking for me. The wife, a friend and I went and spent most of saturday there. I loved it. Saw lots of stuff, skipped over my local gun dealers as I can visit them anytime. It was crowded, that's what happens when you go to these kind of events, guess if it wasn't crowded, one might complain about the "poor showing".. :).. There seemed to be something there for everyone, old and new... didn't see the ammo guys we saw at Marlboro or I might have had to get the wheel barrow.. everytime I go to one of these I learn more about what is out there... The beauty of attending this one and the one in Marlboro, I actually made plans to spend the day... no rushing, no other plans, just all day if neccesary to be able to take it all in. It's the only way to appreciate it and be able to stand there and wait to see something I might have wanted to see.. but didn't in the past because I was in a rush... The previous 3 shows I went to that was exactly the case and I had a completely different experience. I am already planning on what I want at the next show... things I saw this past weekend I didn't pull the trigger on... I'm disappointed I didn't meet any of the NES guys, I signed up for GOAL and asked both guys that were sitting at the table about the forum... they looked at me like I had 2 heads.. There must be some way we could make ourselves known to each other...

I just want to know about these fat guys. Who are these hugely fat guys who waddle along in half-steps, and keep their hands in their pockets with elbows out so you can't get around them? And that wasn't in the aisles, it was in the parking lot. Things got worse once we got inside.

I don't know who they are, but I think I've met all their wives. At the supermarket.

Jeebus!

I just want to know about these fat guys. Who are these hugely fat guys who waddle along in half-steps, and keep their hands in their pockets with elbows out so you can't get around them? And that wasn't in the aisles, it was in the parking lot. Things got worse once we got inside.

Jeebus!

Now that you mention it you are correct sir....and I saw the same folks heading to the local Walmart and those motorized killing machines they ride on.[laugh]

There must be some way we could make ourselves known to each other...

Why not make a nice little patch ? If this community can put together effort and resources to make stamped firearms, surely making a patch would be easy enough. And I'd recommend small, like 2"x4" tops, so it could be worn on hats as well as jackets.

Why not make a nice little patch ? If this community can put together effort and resources to make stamped firearms, surely making a patch would be easy enough. And I'd recommend small, like 2"x4" tops, so it could be worn on hats as well as jackets.

there ya go... as I read this.. hats just came to mind, easy to produce and cheap enough. Should be able to get a decent hat for under $10.00 to $15.00. Seems like there are prominent members at the shows vending, maybe someone could set up the hats on a table to sell. Or we could pick them up at some of the LGS's... I'm a newbie, but would be willing to do something..

Back
Top Bottom