• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Springfield Gun Show

The West Springfield Gun and Knife show is this weekend.

Is this worth going to? I normally would head to either Wilmington or Fitchburg - are they comparable or would the West Sprignfield show be better?

Thanks,

Dan

I went to the millitaria one a few months ago, I had some fun. I have never been to Wilmington or Fitchburg so I cannot help you there. I didn't realize this show was even going on....I think I may browse haha

Haven't been to a Springfield show in 8, 10 yrs or so . After it started to cost to park and the show was filling up with rubberband guns ( kid's crap ) ginzu knives , etc. That was it for me. Fitchburg is Ok , depends on how many dealers continue to go to it. Never been to Wilmington , heard it's worthwhile. Marlboro is in my estimation the one to go to.

I'll say this just like I say about every gun show when someone asks if its worth going to. You never know what you'll find.

Any gun show is like playing the lottery. Sometimes it sucks and you lose, sometimes you get just enough to keep your interest, and sometimes you win big.

Haven't been to a Springfield show in 8, 10 yrs or so . After it started to cost to park and the show was filling up with rubberband guns ( kid's crap ) ginzu knives , etc. That was it for me. Fitchburg is Ok , depends on how many dealers continue to go to it. Never been to Wilmington , heard it's worthwhile. Marlboro is in my estimation the one to go to.

Park at golds gym and walk in. I live 400 yards from where the show is held so I may walk over if I am here.

This show is a waste of time (in my opinion). Not worth the parking or the cost of admission. Lots of overpriced junk guns and cheap knives. I have never left there feeling like it was a good idea to go.

This show is a waste of time (in my opinion). Not worth the parking or the cost of admission. Lots of overpriced junk guns and cheap knives. I have never left there feeling like it was a good idea to go.

Then its the same as all other gun shows in mass.
Mass is possible the worst state for gun show quality.

Very true but I consider it a day to play around with stuff I will probably never own while getting a chance to get some great jerky. Besides, the Pats arent on this week so there isn't much to lose.

Very true but I consider it a day to play around with stuff I will probably never own while getting a chance to get some great jerky. Besides, the Pats arent on this week so there isn't much to lose.

IIRC, the jerky vendor is not allowed at the Big E. Big E has a lot of strange rules and I suspect that they have an exclusive deal on all food sales thru their concession inside the hall.

As for playing with stuff that you can never own, go to any show in NH for that!! A lot fewer tables, but they let you pick up stuff and touch it where most vendors at MA shows are less "friendly" that way. Also a lot more neat toys that are banned in MA to see at NH shows, including lots of full auto (where it's legal to touch it, even if you don't have a "green card")! [thinking]

IIRC, the jerky vendor is not allowed at the Big E. Big E has a lot of strange rules and I suspect that they have an exclusive deal on all food sales thru their concession inside the hall.

As for playing with stuff that you can never own, go to any show in NH for that!! A lot fewer tables, but they let you pick up stuff and touch it where most vendors at MA shows are less "friendly" that way. Also a lot more neat toys that are banned in MA to see at NH shows, including lots of full auto (where it's legal to touch it, even if you don't have a "green card")! [thinking]

The Jerky vendor has been at the BigE. He's usually to the far left and about half way back as you go in the main entrance of the Better Living Building.

I was going to say, I have only been once and he was there. There were also a few tables with different BBQ and hot sauces to try. I really want a ankle holster for my SW 442 and I am hoping to find one there

The Jerky vendor has been at the BigE. He's usually to the far left and about half way back as you go in the main entrance of the Better Living Building.

That jerky is one of the big reasons I keep going....and it's a 45 minute drive to W. Springfield, instead of 2 hours plus to the rest of the 'local' shows.

I've noticed my last several firearms purchases at the Big E show have all been from one of the shops that's in West Springfield. Maybe I am just showing up for the jerky.

ETA: Forgot about the hot sauce guy - I always stop there, too.

I try not to go in with too high of hopes that way I am rarely disappointed. At the very least I get to BS with a couple dealers I know and handle some cool guns. Cheaper than a movie!

Thanks for the correction. It's been a few years since I was at the Big E shows and I don't recall him being there. The jerky is my lunch at the gun shows, so I definitely look for him.

What they really need to do is combine these gun shows with the outdoors show that is also there. Even if the ticket price were to go up a little it would be nice to be able to see some stuff other then the typical gun show vendors. Hell even all of the big game hunts advertised may drum up some business.

I have always enjoyed going to that show. There is always some cool stuff to see. Great people watching. You may meet some interesting vendors and attendants. Some people complain about dealers selling WW2 Nazi stuff, but just pass them by if that is offensive. Another cool thing is that you will get to meet all the dealers in the area, under one roof.

I'll be there tomorrow with my Father-in-Law... I'll wear my Appleseed T-shirt or my new GOAL Shoot-B-Q shirt. Does GOAL have a table there this year?

just got back from the show....not much, got some boxes of privi .30-06 and almost bought a PG mossberg500 it was like 155$. i passed on it cause im hoping my license comes in the next week or two and i want a get a handgun also saw some SBR uppers and man do i want one of those badly.

Oh and i didnt see any jerky vendors im kinda pissed

Oh, there's jerky! Smith's is in their usual spot on the left - I got some of their salami & pepperoni, mixed bag of jerky. Yum, yum, yum.....

Didn't see anything that screamed out 'take me home' this time. Usual mixed bag of prices - some at screw the customer level, others not. I had fun, I bought jerky - mission accomplished. Didn't find a beater 92FS I was hoping for; didn't see many 92's at all, actually.

There were what seemed decent prices on 1k cases of Fiocchi 223 - 55 and 62 were $269 or 279, I believe. 62 steel core was more. I haven't shot Fiocchi that I can recall - anyone tried it?

Oh, there's jerky! Smith's is in their usual spot on the left - I got some of their salami & pepperoni, mixed bag of jerky. Yum, yum, yum.....

Didn't see anything that screamed out 'take me home' this time. Usual mixed bag of prices - some at screw the customer level, others not. I had fun, I bought jerky - mission accomplished. Didn't find a beater 92FS I was hoping for; didn't see many 92's at all, actually.

There were what seemed decent prices on 1k cases of Fiocchi 223 - 55 and 62 were $269 or 279, I believe. 62 steel core was more. I haven't shot Fiocchi that I can recall - anyone tried it?

what WTF where was the jerky i looked for it and nothing

I worked the show yesterday and in a word it "SUCKED". I did not go back today. By 2 p.m. Saturday there were about 20 people in the place. Also the promoter stated there were 700 tables. I am still looking for the 700 tables.

Back
Top Bottom