West Gloucester Range Shut Down

Didn't see the news on here so I figured I would share.
This was a range only allowed for police use. Lived here my whole life and never knew about this range until this year. Then again I'm not a cop.

Cape Ann Sportsmans Club in Gloucester is open.

Yeah, but be on the lookout for efforts to take your club out too.
Oh yeah the battle never stops.
Our club president allows cops to use our range for training a couple times per year. I suspect with the west gloucester range closed, they'll want to use ours even more. Then again, don't cops only shoot/qualify twice per year???
I think our club should somehow benefit from the cops using our range for free (well I assume they don't pay but maybe theres some payment behind the scenes?...). We also can't shoot when the cops are on that particular range (we have one pistol and one rifle range).

Why would it cost the PD $50k to transport people a hour away twice a year? They using a party bus? Also, while not nearly as cool as an outdoor range, they seemingly already have an indoor range at the station. Wouldn't it be cheaper to refurbish that instead of dropping $50k/year on transport?

Why would it cost the PD $50k to transport people a hour away twice a year? They using a party bus? Also, while not nearly as cool as an outdoor range, they seemingly already have an indoor range at the station. Wouldn't it be cheaper to refurbish that instead of dropping $50k/year on transport?
It's very simple it's not their money,so they spend it foolishly.

the 50k for transport is probably written into their budget. if they don't use it it may be taken away next budget writing. so they use it for other things and that gets recorded as transport to the range. silly but theyre not the first organization to figure out you get your yearly budget reduced if you don't use it up.

That would be the assumption after dropping a figure like that in public comment. The issue though is now that you've said it, you have to justify it. I'd like to see them explain why this requires a $50k budget line item.

Why would it cost the PD $50k to transport people a hour away twice a year?
Slick move, making their department's training and certification upon facilities owned by Biden*.

What's their contingency plan for when the Administration's Defund the Police Part Deux program
kicks them out of Devens? Does that bestow more leverage to Cape Ann Sportsmen's Club?

Back
Top Bottom