West Bridgewater: “Home struck from stray rifle round four individuals questioned”

Wasn’t Fonzie’s originally on rt 28?
That douche now has a shop in Meredith NH.

I'm thinking 1970's. South side of 106 coming into B-water from Easton and 138. BEFORE where Shaws HQ is now. Might be Silouette Motors now in that space as I look on Googz.

Not sure if 70's is "original" or not. Eventually the shop did move, I just don't recall when or where.

Wasn’t there a case just like that not to long ago? Somebody had a full 30/30 round or something like that?

I believe you are correct. Not sure about the round but yes, I think they said a bullet entered their house and it was an unfired cartridge. Not saying someone couldn't have thrown it through the window. But the house wasn't shot in that case.

Last edited:
I believe you are correct. Not sure about the round but yes, I think they said a bullet entered their house and it was an unfired cartridge. Not saying someone couldn't have thrown it threw the window. But the house wasn't shot in that case.
Damn bullets entering houses uninvited. This wouldnt happen if they were registered.

View attachment 307993

Just googled “bullet through window west bridgewater ma”. That’s definitely what I saw on the news this morning and that photo was posted by the moose gazette 13 hours ago. The grid in the middle is more than likely 5/8” wide, just as a reference.
These high powered rifles capable of breaking a glass window need to be taken off our streets!

I think we can all agree that a Flobert Parlor Rifle fits the description of low power.
With or without powder?
Lead projectile, or paraffin?
giphy.gif

Is their property now in bonded jail demanding ransom or in the trunk of a patrol car headed to a new home?

Is their property now in bonded jail demanding ransom or in the trunk of a patrol car headed to a new home?

they showed a bit of the encounter with the guys this morning on the news. Looked like they were all cuffed and stuffed so I assume their property was illegally seized as well.

I agree with BI. A bullet doesn't do that kind of damage to a window and "come to rest on a table". I find it hard to believe that a bullet would create that damage pattern in the glass. Is the homeowner named Smollett?

Don't really understand the tin foil here... The middle of the woods behind Shaws is more or less a mile from the house where the bullet was "found". No idea what was being shot, but is it possible that a bullet lobbed a mile over RT24 would be slow enough to park on a table after going through two layers of glass in a window? Sure, why not? Maybe it hit a loaf of Wonderbread on the table.
No problem with folk shooting deep in the woods but if they don't have a decent backstop maybe they should point south towards the Nip, rather than east at RT24.

Don't really understand the tin foil here... The middle of the woods behind Shaws is more or less a mile from the house where the bullet was "found". No idea what was being shot, but is it possible that a bullet lobbed a mile over RT24 would be slow enough to park on a table after going through two layers of glass in a window? Sure, why not? Maybe it hit a loaf of Wonderbread on the table.
No problem with folk shooting deep in the woods but if they don't have a decent backstop maybe they should point south towards the Nip, rather than east at RT24.
It is possible, but why isn't there a picture?
It is possible it is also horrible reporting and the bullet is not "resting" on the table.

Like I said earlier, I call BS until I see a pic of the bullet on the table.

I find it interesting that window hole looks about right for a golf ball or rock, that someone may have thrown themselves.

Bullet rest on table, huh? Yes of course possible. But so is balancing a bowling ball on the head of a pin possible. But if you're off even slightly in either direction, the bowling ball falls forward or backward.

And from the MSP post with the video:

On October 14, 2019 at about 3:00 p.m., West Bridgewater Police reported that a bullet had been fired into a house on Lincoln Street in their town. It was believed that the shot came from a nearby heavily wooded area, where gunshots were still being heard. Due to a large swamp and difficult terrain, officers on the ground were unable to search the area on foot and requested assistance from the Massachusetts State Police Air Wing.

Lieutenant Mark Spencer, Sergeant Robert Wyckoff, and Trooper Kristopher Malm arrived in MSP helicopter Air 2 and almost immediately, Lt Spencer spotted a makeshift encampment beside a small river. Sgt Wyckoff was able to utilize the FLIR/CC and located two small boats, several shooting targets, and a folding table with a large variety of firearms on it. Utilizing the IR portion of the FLIR, Sgt Wyckoff was also able to identify four male subjects standing nearby. West Bridgewater PD was advised and Lt Spencer began giving verbal commands to the subjects over the PA system. The subjects then contacted West Bridgewater PD and were given further instructions by the dispatcher. They ultimately exited the woods via boats and were met by waiting officers. All firearms were seized by WBPD. This is an ongoing investigation and no charges have been filed at this time.

So guys minding their own business in the woods take commands from police over the phone?!!? Yeah, no, I’m busy right now.

So guys minding their own business in the woods take commands from police over the phone?!!? Yeah, no, I’m busy right now.

Well, the chopper hovering over head, with the load speaker shouting instructions, was probably pretty persuasive. It's not like they have any hope of evading them. I would have called them if they asked me too. West Bridgewater does have a swamp boat that they use for water and ice rescue. If they had to bust it out to go after these guys, I am sure they would have been less than amused. Not to mention they knew where their vehicles were parked and the name and address of the guys they were registered to.
If in fact the round came from their little shooting range, that is some serious shit luck and they MUST have had to fired that shot waaaay high. The round would have to travel about a mile, up and over route 24, over pleasant street, to the house on Lincoln. And there are some densely wooded area's in between. I am thinking one of these guys took a shot at a turkey vulture in flight or something equally stupid.

These guys may have been hunting coyote. Legal to use rifle. If they had been shooting down river towards the Nip, they never would have had any issues. There are a couple of miles of woods and swamp from where they were to the Nip, parallel to rte 24.

As far as WBPD goes, they are one of the most 2A friendly departments in the area and Chief Flaherty is one of the better chiefs. It is a green town, that issues unrestricted licenses as long as you are not a PP. Basically, as long as you are not a douche bag, you are treated very well and respectfully as a gun owner. If these guys had nothing to do with this incident, I suspect they will get their property back.

Last edited:
I know it’s easier to picture these guys acting like Iraqis at a wedding but it is possible to skip rounds off the ground or a fallen tree. No backstop is infallible and bullets can do some quite unpredictable things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom