• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Bridgewater: “Home struck from stray rifle round four individuals questioned”

I know it’s easier to picture these guys acting like Iraqis at a wedding but it is possible to skip rounds off the ground or a fallen tree. No backstop in infallible and bullets can do some quite unpredictable things.

Good point, but most the energy would have been spent. So I don't think that is what happen.

But the more I think about, this is extremely unlikely. When you consider that a 308 drops about 30 feet at 1000 yards, and this was probably closer to 1500-2000 yards, that would be a pretty crazy ricochet.

I think theres more to this thats not being released.

Haven't heard anything on it locally since it was on the news.

And you won't. Because that would require work on the part of the reporters. Reporters don't work anymore. Some of it is laziness. Some of it is chasing the wrong things. Some of it is just the financial practicality of following up on things. Newsfolk aren't the rich seekers of knowledge we were led to believe they were in the 40's-70's. They make no money and have a crap job. Fame is their goal.

Ergo, there is no incentive to follow up on this at all until the first hearing. Even then, it'll be 90% rehash.

Back
Top Bottom