• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

West Bridgewater: “Home struck from stray rifle round four individuals questioned”

West Bridgewater Police Department : Official
10 hrs ·

For Immediate Release: “Home struck from stray rifle round four individuals questioned”

Today at 1300 hrs. the West Bridgewater Police Department received a (911) call and responded to (173) Lincoln Street, West Bridgewater. The caller reports a stray bullet had broken through their window entering the home coming to rest on top of a small table. This caller told the 911 operator that although several individuals including children were in the home at this time there were no injuries. The scene was process with the assistance of Plymouth County B.C.I and the rifle round recovered.

Just prior to this (911) call on Lincoln Street it was reported that gun shots were heard in the area behind Shaw’s Supermarkets Corporate Officers located on West Center Street. This location only a short distance from the incident reported at (173) Lincoln Street. When officers arrived to the area they continually heard multiple “spurts” of gun fire coming from the wooded area to the rear of Shaw’s. This gun fire continued but due to the thick terrain and marsh like conditions officers were unable to locate these individuals on foot. The Massachusetts State Police Air Wing was requested and Troopers assigned to the air wing were able to view and record (4) individuals with a large array of weapons located deep in the woods at what was described as some type of camp site. During this incident, Sergeant Winkler was able to obtain information on one of the parties believed in the wooded area. This individual was contacted and later confirmed to be one of the four individuals observed by the Massachusetts State Police Air Wing. During this phone conversation all four individuals voluntarily exited the camp coming back to a boat ramp located off of West Center St. All four individuals were taken to the West Bridgewater Police Department for questioning. During this investigation several high powered rifles were seized.

All four individuals were questioned and later released. Investigators have yet to determine if the bullet that struck and entered the home located at (173) Lincoln Street was shot from any of these four individuals. This investigation continues but we are extremely thankful no one was injured during this incident.

The comments on the FB are, as expected, outrageous.

"During this incident, Sergeant Winkler was able to obtain information on one of the parties believed in the wooded area. This individual was contacted and later confirmed to be one of the four individuals observed by the Massachusetts State Police Air Wing. During this phone conversation all four individuals voluntarily exited the camp coming back to a boat ramp located off of West Center St. All four individuals were taken to the West Bridgewater Police Department for questioning. During this investigation several high powered rifles were seized."

Interesting chain of events.

I can't wait until they are found to be overstepping their bounds and someone "seizes" their patrol cars. "You are too dangerous to use these. Have this bicycle."

What a pile of crap. Prove they shot it or not. Otherwise, let it go. You'll know what caliber teh bullet is, I'm assuming. You want to take those for testing? Fine. SEIZING? Ugh.

They took the river down to some secluded makeshift campsite.
Well out of the " no discharge of a firearm within 500 ft of a dwelling" rule.

Theres only 1 house anywhere near there that I can think of, and its right next to the ramp.

Seems to me that they broke no laws, and even made good faith efforts to abide by the 500 foot rule by going so deep into the woods.

Like @Dennis in MA said, prove it was them or f*** off. Also prove it was a rifle round. Show me the bullet.

The bullet came to rest on the table?

I want to see a pic of that.

Judging by the size of the hole in the glass, this may be plausible. I’m no ballistics expert, but it was a rather large and jagged hole, like a golf ball had been hit through it. Maybe this round was near the end of it’s energy potential, perhaps tumbling, made a big hole in a double glazed window, and hit/landed on a table?

Judging by the size of the hole in the glass, this may be plausible. I’m no ballistics expert, but it was a rather large and jagged hole, like a golf ball had been hit through it. Maybe this round was near the end of it’s energy potential, perhaps tumbling, made a big hole in a double glazed window, and hit/landed on a table?
Where did you see the pic? I clicked on the link but didnt see anything.

Saw a report on 25 news this AM. The last words were...Da ...da...da...DAHHHHHH...HIGH....POWERED......RIFLE!!!!~ Tell ya it gave me the vapors.

So, let me get this right: a homeowner found a bullet in their kitchen, the cops heard gunshots in the distance, called in air support and arrested 4 guys in the woods / confiscated their rifles.

What is linking the guys in the woods to the bullet in the kitchen? What possible evidence do they have to arrest them?

Does this mean we should arrest everyone in a 5 mile radius driving a car when someone calls in a hit-and-run?

Where did you see the pic? I clicked on the link but didnt see anything.
upload_2019-10-16_1-20-11.jpeg

Just googled “bullet through window west bridgewater ma”. That’s definitely what I saw on the news this morning and that photo was posted by the moose gazette 13 hours ago. The grid in the middle is more than likely 5/8” wide, just as a reference.

I'm most curious about how this interaction transpired. "Sergeant Winkler was able to obtain information on one of the parties believed in the wooded area. This individual was contacted and later confirmed to be one of the four"

Last edited:
I wonder what the chances are that this is another one of those "bullets through the window" that had a little extra "help" getting through the window, before coming to rest on the kitchen table. IIRC, it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
My money is on a BS story.
These people dont like people hunting near their property so they made this sh*t up.

At least until I see a picture of the table and the bullet "resting" on it.

bullets smashing windows and resting on table.....hmmm.....I wonder if they found a bullet on the table or a cartridge.
My guess is a rusty old x39 steel case they picked up in the woods some years ago.

Is Sgt Winkler also known as The Fonz or Fonzi?

Coincidentally, Fonzi's Garage was on 106 right there for years. LOL. It's a conspurrursurrrr!!!!!

I'm sure the bullet is legit, but all I can think of is this:

bullets8-07.jpg

I'm most curious about how this interaction transpired. "Sergeant Winkler was able to obtain information on one of the parties believed in the wooded area. This individual was contacted and later confirmed to be one of the four"
  1. Find a car parked on the side of the road.
  2. Run its plates.
  3. Get the owner's cell phone number.
  4. Call it.
  5. Say, "are you one of the four guys shooting at houses from the middle of the swamp?".
  6. ???
  7. Profit.

I live near Musketequid and Maynard Rod & Gun. All I hear all summer is pew pew noises. Pure heaven.
Sound of Freedom.

Back
Top Bottom