Went to the Marlboro gun show today, and ...

Just curious...who was the dealer?

normally wouldnt say but it was complete bullsh!t so i will admit it was Pete's.
my friend has bought few guns from him in the past too and even said if the deal happened he would pay him to do the transfer.
complete douche move

The best hot dogs in the world come out of this trailer:

3573799494_ab479b27b0.jpg

Served up by my old friend Ezra Anderson (aka "Boston Speed")

Speeds-SpeedWithDog.jpg

Lawton in Lawrence. Fried hot dogs. Actually, Lawton lost the lease, but equipment stayed there, do pretty much the same.

Also, truck guy at North End of lake quannapowett (sp), Wakefield reading line. Great stuff, when he sells out though, he just leaves.

I thought he retired, the business was taken over by his daughter, and then went under. Great hot dogs, when he was there. You had to get there early or they were like AR15s are now, gone before you knew it.

Speeds-SpeedWithDog.jpg

normally wouldnt say but it was complete bullsh!t so i will admit it was Pete's.
my friend has bought few guns from him in the past too and even said if the deal happened he would pay him to do the transfer.
complete douche move

Which "Pete's"? - There was Pete's Gun Shop on the far left of the room, then there was the parts guy over on the right side (back to the entrance doors) near the food area - Are they related?

All I want is brown gravy for my fries
dave

Up until today I'd have said go to the Roast Beef Roundup in Woburn, but it looks from what I see on Yelp that it's closed. Shame. AWESOME roast beef sandwiches and the most amazing gravy ever. I used to get their chicken fingers and have them pour gravy over the fingers AND the fries. And now they're gone. [crying]

Up until today I'd have said go to the Roast Beef Roundup in Woburn, but it looks from what I see on Yelp that it's closed. Shame. AWESOME roast beef sandwiches and the most amazing gravy ever. I used to get their chicken fingers and have them pour gravy over the fingers AND the fries. And now they're gone. [crying]

Oh man! Noooo. My girl and I used to go there before the Woburn theater all the time! Wicked good food. Damn it!!

Sent from my POS iPhone

Speeds-SpeedWithDog.jpg

Those damn things are HUGE!

I use to be in that area every single day when I went to the Roxbury transfer station right over by South Hampton St/Mass Ave.

Yeah, after the owners wife? died, the poor guy looked like hell. I used to like going there as well.

Chris

Yeah, after the owners wife? died, the poor guy looked like hell. I used to like going there as well.

Chris

Oh, man... I didn't know that. I left the company I worked for in the area back in... holy smokes, has it been 13+ years? I left NLG in '99, so that's how long it's been. I'm sorry to hear that. They were all great guys who worked there - always teased me about wanting gravy on my chicken fingers. And then poured it on!

My 5-yr old daughter would agree that not only does ketchup go on hotdogs, it goes on everything.

Of course, she lets the dog give her kisses. Lick the inside of her mouth-type kisses. And she dances like a hippie.

Which "Pete's"? - There was Pete's Gun Shop on the far left of the room, then there was the parts guy over on the right side (back to the entrance doors) near the food area - Are they related?

Pete's gun shop on left.
Won't be getting any of my business again.

OK - That must be a different vendor than the one I saw. The one I saw was over on the right half of the room, near the back corner where the food is - he was a row or two away actually. Same row as the WWII/nazi memorabilia dealer IIRC

The Pete's Gun Shop - from Adams MA - was on the left side of the room, near the front wall. Personally, I've never seen anything negative with their service or staff.

Are we talking about the same people?

The show absolutely sucked. Everything was far overpriced with a few rare exceptions. Even ammunition was gouged to almost double what I can get for it at local shops. Also not buying the whole " Supply is limited" crap thing from the vendors either. Saw plenty of AR's and AK's of various model and manufacturers. Was even one table where a guy had no kidding 20 boxes of AR -15's selling for 2-3k. Didnt see him sell a single one fortunately. Its pure gougery on desperate buyers. Im sticking to my local shops that havent succumed to trying to screw people.

Thanks - I just wanted to clarify that it was NOT connected to Pets Gun Shop in Adams MA. I don't want folks boycotting the wrong vendor.

Having bought from Pete's before I would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks - I just wanted to clarify that it was NOT connected to Pets Gun Shop in Adams MA. I don't want folks boycotting the wrong vendor.

Having bought from Pete's before I would recommend them to anyone.

i am talking about petes on the left with the largest display of pistols there (which i believe is the one you are talking about). i have bought stuff from them before too and so has the guy he blocked. like i said, my friend even offered to pay them to do the transfer. then he (petes guy) told the seller not to sell because he didnt think the seller was ass-raping (paraphrasing) for this market. even tho i hopped in to explain that the price my friend offered and the seller was agreeing to was EXACTLY what i had paid for the same item in better condition this past fall...

Last edited:
Too much tube steak in this thread...

OK so that might be yet another altercation pertaining to lunch meal items. I wish I had a map of the place to point out where in the room I saw one vendor call and other "****ing stupid", "****ing idiot" and so on.

OK so that might be yet another altercation pertaining to lunch meal items. I wish I had a map of the place to point out where in the room I saw one vendor call and other "****ing stupid", "****ing idiot" and so on - for about 5 minutes. Show staff actually broke up the pair.

I have a layout from another show. I'll post pics when I can.

Now to be clear:
You saw a Pete's Gun Shop guy yell obscenities to another vendor over lunch? Or he just screwed over a sale for a friend of yours and you want to bash him here?

Now to be clear:
You saw a Pete's Gun Shop (edit) just screw over a sale for a friend of yours and you want to bash him here?

this, kinda===> if you look back to when i hopped into this thread b4 all the hotdog talk (im a spicy mustard with a little ketchup guy), i didnt mention a name but i was later asked who it was and didnt hold back.
i have had good luck with them in the past and for all i know it was just an employee who was doing what he felt was in the best interest of the seller. in my opinion, he was out of place and showed that he is one of the guys that is cool with ripping people off if you have the chance...

Thanks for the clarification:

The behavior of the Condiment Combatants was completely inexcusable and I refuse to to business with that vendor - ever

As for the business practice of Pete's and sales in general - I can understand it but may not agree with it. See the price gouging threat, etc. - the current market and all that.

Back
Top Bottom