• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to the Manchester Gun Show. It was better then usual

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I decided to take a ride on Saturday morning to go to the Manchester, NH Gun Show. The one I went to last year was OK, but I figured it was a nice day for a ride and I hadn't been to a show in a while, so my Dad and I headed up north.

You know when you go someplace and have no real expectations on how it will be, that you can sometimes can be pleasantly surprised. Well this gun show was like that for me. It had a lot of the same vendors they typically have, but overall I thought it was a great show. I actually saw a number of good deals to be had. One that was good enough for me not to pass up. A nice CZ-82 for $190. That's below dealer cost. Sweet! I also picked up a bunch of odds and ends I'd been looking for and talked with a bunch of the vendors. Great time and I'm glad I went.

The only down side, and this seems to be a reoccuring theme, was the prices the NY ammo guys had. A lot of the prices was significantly higher then what you could get in stores around here. As I said, typical. I was also happy to see the lack of the nauseating Nazi stuff that seems to be prevelant at a lot of these shows.

I didn't see any NES'rs up there, but it was pretty busy. Did anyone else go?

Last edited:
I went. I bought some AR-15 parts, but that was about it. I don't know enough about milsurlps/c&rs to know if anything was over priced. I do wish I bought one of the Yugo (SKS?) 8mm's I saw for $75. It was also my first gun show. Hopefully Marlborough will be better; if I can afford anything.

I agree, very good show. I arrived at about 9:30 am, took about 20 minutes to get to the door,left about noon still had a small line, got pretty warm in the room. My first Manchester show, Concord and Biddeford were as good last year maybe a little better, but street parking was a bit rough in Manchester with the piles of ice.

Last edited:
Thought about it but passed. Never cared much for this show with the aforementioned NY ammo seller and the MA dealers expecting to still get MA prices n thier stuff. Not that it's a great show either but I'll make my way to Waterville next weekend just for something to do.

Doobie, you recall who you got your AR parts from?

I knew I should have taken the drive this weekend. Still have not made it to ONE show yet.

Oh just wondering if it happend to have been from my brother as he does A LOT with mil/AR parts. I've seen those Stag arms guys and well, the way they talk to some ppl ws enough for me to keep right on walking past thier table. Had a awful holier than thou attitude.

tell me more about the 8mm Yugo SKS's for $75........

I saw them at the end of one table, and had no idea how much they went for else where. Whatever they put on them it was sticky as hell so I didn't bother any further. On the way home I told my friend I thought about getting them, and he said that was a great price, oh well...

Are you sure they were 8mm? I believe I saw those and they were full of Cosmo, but they were Yugo SKSs in 7.62x39. I may be wrong, but I don't think the SKSs were made in 8mm. They made Yugo 8mm Mausers. Was it a bolt action rifle or semi auto that you saw?

Manchester show

I attended, gimpy foot and all. It really was a great day for a ride. I thought that the show even at about 9:20 ish was very busy and seemed to get busier and more crowded as the morning progressed. Military surplus rifles are what I always look for and there was a definite lack of Russian / Soviet / Finn rifles. Plenty of 24/47s though and some nice Enfields. All I came home with was a Swede Mauser M96. :)

I didn't think it was very crowded - not like times past, but unless these dealers wise up, I see attendance dropping even more. I'm just musing here, but with all the tools at our fingertips to buy/sell guns and related gear, why would any one of us even bother to go to a gun show? My intent was to just browse, talk to some dealers and spend some time with my son there.

The prices were terrible, and most of the dealers were dicks. I think they miss the point of these shows, which is to gain clientele, and to promote sales after the show. I saw people that were shaking their heads as they were leaving. There certainly was not a lot of joy in the air, because everyone had their hand on your wallet. I wanted to see if I could find a de-milled AK parts kit, and I did find a guy who was selling them. The kits were in such bad shape, and the price was way higher than what I can get on the 'net for even a premium kit.

I also would like to just add my thoughts on the Nazi stuff at these shows:

I believe everyone has a right to like whatever they want, but I also believe in right is right and fair is fair. If we've got to endure all these PC pukes messing up tradition and doing things like saying that its more PC for Santa to say HA HA HA, than it is to say HO HO HO, then they need to get real and tackle the offensive nazi crap being sold at these shows. If someone was set up there selling voodoo and satanistic paraphernalia, they'd make a huge uproar, and be shut down in a heartbeat. Is there really a difference between the Swastika and the Pentagram? I think DiPrete needs to step up to the plate and make these shows a little more user-friendly.

If no one bought Nazi crap, I doubt they'd be paying for a table to sell Nazi crap. Unfortunately, there seems to be a market for the stuff. Some people are legit collectors, others are just mall-nazis (similar to a mall ninja, except focus is on being a big tough german nazi by owning their crap.)

I react to people pushing Nazi memorobilia about the same as i react to a bible thumper telling me I'll go to hell if I don't accept Jesus and take their pamphlet....I ignore them and walk away...their beliefs and agenda have little to do with me and are both offensive.

I don't think its the same selling Nazi war memorobilia as it is handing out Neo-Nazi pamphlets...though both are equally protected in a free country such as ours. Thats the "ugly" beauty of a country like ours...everyone has a right to their opinion and beliefs and to get that freedom, we need to also be a bit tolerant of people who choose to have crappy beliefs.

It's pretty typical that the prices at gun shows are outrageous. That's why I typically never buy anything from the big dealers that are there. They're prices suck. I do though like checking out the smaller gun stores and the non-store related FFLs. That's where you can sometimes find a good deal. That's where I found the CZ-82 for $190. I think most people are aware, or at least should be aware, that the prices usually suck. But then again, it's like a barter town there. Most FFLs will barter with you. I like that kind of thing so it's OK with me. Others hate it, which I can understand as well.

As to the Nazi stuff, I particularly don't care for it. But, it's a free market system there and I think DiPrete is just interested in filling tables. I went to one gun show that had about 30%-40% tables with Nazi stuff for sale. It was a disgrace in my mind, but there where a lot of people looking the stuff over and buying. I'm really hoping they were buying for collectors value and not because they agree with what they stand for. I can delude myself to think that way, but unforatunatly it's probably not the case.

I didn't think it was very crowded - not like times past, but unless these dealers wise up, I see attendance dropping even more. I'm just musing here, but with all the tools at our fingertips to buy/sell guns and related gear, why would any one of us even bother to go to a gun show? My intent was to just browse, talk to some dealers and spend some time with my son there.

The prices were terrible, and most of the dealers were dicks. I think they miss the point of these shows, which is to gain clientele, and to promote sales after the show. I saw people that were shaking their heads as they were leaving. There certainly was not a lot of joy in the air, because everyone had their hand on your wallet. I wanted to see if I could find a de-milled AK parts kit, and I did find a guy who was selling them. The kits were in such bad shape, and the price was way higher than what I can get on the 'net for even a premium kit.

I also would like to just add my thoughts on the Nazi stuff at these shows:

I believe everyone has a right to like whatever they want, but I also believe in right is right and fair is fair. If we've got to endure all these PC pukes messing up tradition and doing things like saying that its more PC for Santa to say HA HA HA, than it is to say HO HO HO, then they need to get real and tackle the offensive nazi crap being sold at these shows. If someone was set up there selling voodoo and satanistic paraphernalia, they'd make a huge uproar, and be shut down in a heartbeat. Is there really a difference between the Swastika and the Pentagram? I think DiPrete needs to step up to the plate and make these shows a little more user-friendly.

I've been going to them off and on for thirty years or so. I've never bought a gun at one for the reasons stated. I usually go searching for particular items like magazines that are hard to fine at regular stores.

I've been trying to justify going to the shows up by telling myself it's worth the entertainment value, but with the cost of gas that flea market Saturday was a complete waste of oxygen. Probably won't go back.

We did not get a complete sweep of 1/2 the floor as my back pack was stuffed with ammo. Eventually made 3 trips to the truck with goodies. Ammo, FAL magazines, a C&R Colt M1911, more ammo......the list was endless. So, I'd say it was quite successful for myself. Greg had a good time there too, don't let him kid you. Blew his paycheck on ammo and FAL magazines.

Nazi Stuff

Not that that I am interested in buying any but I find it very funny that folks that are pro 2A are so anti this stuff being sold. I see it as just another way the government would be butting into peoples lives if this stuff was banned. Remember the 1A comes before the 2A and once we give up one others are less likely to be upheld. The customer has the choice and obviously there are people that want this sh&t. Let the people decide what is right and wrong not the government....... Now it is also your right to say I will not go to the show because I do not like the Nazi crap and make the promoters aware of your choice.

I tired quickly of seeing CMP Springfield, 1917 Enfields, Garands and Carbines, all at $100-$500 more than the dealers bought them for from CMP originally. It was a great show to buy nazi helmets, beef jerky, plus sample hot sauce, but methinks the good stuff has dried up.

Back
Top Bottom