Went to smith and wesson today

GunGrey

Banned
I finally got out and was able to shoot my new to me pistol i bought off of Glock 714. I went with a buddy from school who had two free lane rentals from when he was a plat. member.

I shot extremly well for not shooting very handgun over the years. Only thing is all my shots where down and to the left. Now i have check the shooter correction chart and it says im either jerking my finger or tighting my fingers when i shoot. Now im using the fingers forward grip and am trying to get my hand as high up on the grip as i possibly can. Not all my shots were low and left but i had some decent groupings.

What i dont know is if the gun is off or if its me. I really think its probably me since my friend shot a decent group. Also i shot a S&W 1911 and im in love, the trigger was amazing for a MA gun and i shot fantastic for the one mag i put threw it.[smile]

Also i watched a guy argue with the RO about finger discipline and keeping finger off the trigger till you're on target. they were getting pretty loud enough that i could hear them with the muffs on. instead of just doing what the RO said and finishing shooting, the guy argued and got kicked out, I kinda found it funny the guy was wearing a GOAL hat and was with 2 women. The RO was in the right and the guy had to much ego infront of his lady friends to no be a dick.

Some guys there are tools for sure. What can you expect really when anyone can just pop in and try a gun. You tend to get a different demographic.

I finally got out and was able to shoot my new to me pistol i bought off of Glock 714. I went with a buddy from school who had two free lane rentals from when he was a plat. member.

I shot extremly well for not shooting very handgun over the years. Only thing is all my shots where down and to the left. Now i have check the shooter correction chart and it says im either jerking my finger or tighting my fingers when i shoot. Now im using the fingers forward grip and am trying to get my hand as high up on the grip as i possibly can. Not all my shots were low and left but i had some decent groupings.

What i dont know is if the gun is off or if its me. I really think its probably me since my friend shot a decent group. Also i shot a S&W 1911 and im in love, the trigger was amazing for a MA gun and i shot fantastic for the one mag i put threw it.[smile]

Also i watched a guy argue with the RO about finger discipline and keeping finger off the trigger till you're on target. they were getting pretty loud enough that i could hear them with the muffs on. instead of just doing what the RO said and finishing shooting, the guy argued and got kicked out, I kinda found it funny the guy was wearing a GOAL hat and was with 2 women. The RO was in the right and the guy had to much ego infront of his lady friends to no be a dick.

Sounded like fun! As far as that guy goes....NEVER argue with the RO! you've got to be teachable or you'll be stuck chasing after your own tail and will never learn or grow. I am only speaking for myself.

Last edited:
Since it was a new gun to you, you may have been anticipating the recoil. That happened with me when I first got my hand gun. A great drill to run is ball and dummy. Have someone (or yourself) load up a few round of your ammo with no powder or primer. Mix them in with your regular ammo and then load up the magazine without looking at the individual bullets. You'll be shooting along and then you'll get a click with no bang. You'll be amazed at what happens to the site picture and the movement you'll see in your hands! The goal is to get it to look the same as when it does fire (minus the recoil, of course). An added benefit is then you can practice a failure clearance drill, too.

Back
Top Bottom