Went to first gun "buyback"

Duly noted. It was an idea of what to buy, not necessarily what I was going to buy.

[bs]

There are two polar opposite views within the pro-2A community on how to beat anti-2A liberals doing their silly, useless gun buybacks.

One side says to ignore them and they will go away. The other side says to actively fight them... bleed them dry with worthless junk and then go out and buy better guns and more ammo.

NES members tend to choose the former. Others elsewhere have chosen the latter. Which approach has had more success?

I am pretty sure I know, but I better not say it on NES. 🤪

Bleed .gov dry? Or did you mean the donor funded ones - bleed Zuckerberg or Gates dry? The success is on the enemy side with the propaganda value of getting their story line in the news. The cost / benefit ratio is much better for them than buying ad time.

Don't feed the beast.

gun buybacks are nothing but a feelgood statist program. We all know they do nothing to stop crime, nothing at all. So the OP took advantage of a crappy, useless program to sell a POS and get some of his tax money back. Doesn't mean he's anti 2A or freedom, he just manipulated a bogus program that already exists. Now sten guy on the other hand, assuming the sten was in good working order.........

It's like affirmative action. For the past 10 years I've been hispanic. Seems a good choice since hispanics for some reason have their own separate category in all the demographic surveys. It's not like I support affirmative action. I'm attempting to use a bogus and corrupt system of racial gerrymandering to my benefit.

There are two polar opposite views within the pro-2A community on how to beat anti-2A liberals doing their silly, useless gun buybacks.

One side says to ignore them and they will go away. The other side says to actively fight them... bleed them dry with worthless junk and then go out and buy better guns and more ammo.

NES members tend to choose the former. Others elsewhere have chosen the latter. Which approach has had more success?

I am pretty sure I know, but I better not say it on NES. 🤪

I know because anti's seem to run out of money getting bled dry. Every gun turned in is a win for them. look at the photos in the previous post, the Brady group and Everytown are creaming themselves today and that cocksucking billionaire Bloomberg wrote another check today for the next one.

At some point, these $100 pieces of shit, may be the only thing the general populous has to defend itself from tyranny.

gun buybacks are nothing but a feelgood statist program. We all know they do nothing to stop crime, nothing at all. So the OP took advantage of a crappy, useless program to sell a POS and get some of his tax money back. Doesn't mean he's anti 2A or freedom, he just manipulated a bogus program that already exists. Now sten guy on the other hand, assuming the sten was in good working order.........

It's like affirmative action. For the past 10 years I've been hispanic. Seems a good choice since hispanics for some reason have their own separate category in all the demographic surveys. It's not like I support affirmative action. I'm attempting to use a bogus and corrupt system of racial gerrymandering to my benefit.

LOL, a friend's kid ALWAYS checks the 'African American' box if it's a choice. He was born in Africa, with heritage from several generations of native born Africans. Now if the box is 'Black' instead of 'African American', that's a different story.

I think the worst part is NOT that single-shot break-action 22s are being turned in by old white guys (the exact opposite of those that are most likely to commit violent crimes), but that the MONEY paid for this is by hardworking taxpayers of Rhode island. This is literally Cash-for-Clunkers of the gun world.

The gun I turned in is not worthy of being held in high esteem. Like, worse than Hi Point and it cost more. Why should I take a loss selling it for $50 to someone when I could get more money for it at the buyback? That's capitalism and I robbed the mofos who funded the buyback blind. If someone is stupid enough to donate money for a buyback thinking it's really going to make a difference, well, there's a sucker born every minute.

So you made a bad decision and then wanted the gov to bail you out instead of taking the loss? Real nice... not to mention the fact that you legitimized this gun buy back. Turning anything in is a success for them and will be lauded as such, gun owners in NE really are our own worst enemies

But I'm not complaining because if the donks in RI want to keep running these buybacks it'll allow me to buy more cheap guns to shoot for my entertainment and turn them in after I get bored with them or if they break to get my money back and allow me to repeat the process.

OP, unless you are enjoying a pubic assistance program, you do realize this is your tax money being wasted on useless projects, don't you?
It is an equivalent of robbing yourself and posting about it on your local police Twitter account.

OP, unless you are enjoying a pubic assistance program, you do realize this is your tax money being wasted on useless projects, don't you?
It is an equivalent of robbing yourself and posting about it on your local police Twitter account.
Well, this particular one was paid for mostly by a dead guy's charitable trust and, get this, secondarily by a guy who makes anti-2A sculptures out of the metal. [thinking] But if you count the cop overtime pay to be there, I guess there's those tax dollars.

doing this gives legitimacy to their lunacy and gives them good photo ops

f*** gun buy backs and f*** those that participate
I just rethought my post, and would like to apologize for vulgarities.

I'll leave the post, but rephrase little:

like I told my daughters when they were little,
"those people are not your friends, they'll offer you things that sound good at first, but ultimately they'll hurt you to help themselves"

so lets look at best case... if it was a city/town funded thing... congrats, you got some of your tax money back, but now they see success and will do more, and need more money, and tax you more

if it's a "charity" run thing, they just spent donations they thought would actually help their community, but we all know (and you saw) the people in the comunity they want to turn in guns; don't. But numbers are good, they "got X amount of guns" out of the community, that in reality didn't achieve helping the community. Instead of "buy back" money they could have used that money for things that would actually help the community. i.e. jobs, education, and investing in the community

so again great job [/sarcasm]
I like the first post better. Plus, it's shorter.

But if you count the cop overtime pay to be there, I guess there's those tax dollars.

Now I'm curious about that.

Often, if an organization is running an event that requires the coppers, the organization pays for the coppers. At least in MA. And that's true even if said organization is another public entity, like a school.

There's nothing funny about it. You plan poorly.

If you think your circumstances are temporarilly shit now, wait until the state bends you over and plows you under permanently by using the propaganda prop that you turned in to further errode your and everybody else's rights.

I think a little education in money management and a little less "keeping up with the jones" and less "living beyond your means" mindset would go a long way for you........certainly a lot further than $200 that will be blown by the end of the week.
I plan poorly? The goal of getting the $200 was to help keep me afloat in the event the lay off goes until Spring. Manufacturing is in a recession right now, nobody is hiring. Part of the $200 is probably going to be saved to help pay for Thanksgiving dinner next month.

Oh yeah, the photo op of crappy guns turned in by old White guys is really going to be the straw that leads to anti gun laws passing in RI. No, don't look the NRA's corruption and failures being part of that, don't look at the record number of new gun owners this year, it's all on old T-Unit here.

Y'all can put me on the cross if you want, T is my first name after all.

Great 200 bucks, yay!

Gave into the a**h***s who are trying to take every right from us because of thug criminals. Why the f*** would anyone who is for 2A 100% do this for? Great 200 bucks, yay!
OK, yeah its yours do what the f*** you want. Flame away

In 1998, I got rid of a $75 Sterling 22, for $100. At a Taunton buyback, before Capt Good got indicted for stealing the guns. Taunton newspaper asked me if I felt safer without it and why I turned it in. "It's a POS, they gave me $25 more than I paid for it, I'm putting that money towards a Glock!"

Strangely. That never made it into the paper

This is about two tiers down from Sean Penn smelting his guns into a sculpture to appease his smokeshow wife. It’s still pretty heinous. You should have cut the line, grabbed the cash and bought the other guy’s Sten! You would have been a hero on this forum instead of...the creature from the black lagoon.

6A6B9DB7-9392-43FA-84EF-74121A9C166E.jpeg

This is about two tiers down from Sean Penn smelting his guns into a sculpture to appease his smokeshow wife. It’s still pretty heinous. You should have cut the line, grabbed the cash and bought the other guy’s Sten! You would have been a hero on this forum instead of...the creature from the black lagoon.

View attachment 401193
I'm more of a Humanoids From the Deep kind of guy.

In 1998, I got rid of a $75 Sterling 22, for $100. At a Taunton buyback, before Capt Good got indicted for stealing the guns. Taunton newspaper asked me if I felt safer without it and why I turned it in. "It's a POS, they gave me $25 more than I paid for it, I'm putting that money towards a Glock!"
I'm probably going to take the money and use it to buy a .45 Hi Point, the rest will be put towards another Hi Point.

Both of which will then get traded in at a future buyback to be put towards a lever action .45 or a Beretta Px4.

I plan poorly? The goal of getting the $200 was to help keep me afloat in the event the lay off goes until Spring. Manufacturing is in a recession right now, nobody is hiring. Part of the $200 is probably going to be saved to help pay for Thanksgiving dinner next month.

Which is it? Sob story or partnering with the anti’s to make a few dollars?
Do you even listen to yourself?

I'm probably going to take the money and use it to buy a .45 Hi Point, the rest will be put towards another Hi Point.

Both of which will then get traded in at a future buyback to be put towards a lever action .45 or a Beretta Px4.

Which is it? Sob story or partnering with the anti’s to make a few dollars?
Do you even listen to yourself?
I'm on the fence. I could do a Hi Point and a Thanksgiving dinner or a Christmas dinner and a Savage 64.

Meh, maybe I'll do a Big Mac and send the NRA a check to buy Wayne another suit.

Decisions, decisions.

The prevailing guidance on NES sometime ago was to game them with the shit guns and profit.

Great reason to not own any shit guns so you don't waffle.

At any rate, NH bans them so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom