Went to first gun "buyback"

I sincerely hope this was successful and they have more "buybacks" in the future because I'm gonna game the system and make money off of it and laugh my way to Wally World.

Mods, OP has clearly requested a Thor sized ban hammer to the nuts to help rid him of communist ghosts. He is desperately asking for help here, please Mods, you’re his only hope.

1E88F614-D20F-4B80-8C22-7F0534AAF899.gif

I'd have offered it for parts. Or karma'd it.
Yeah, I doubt I would have gotten $200 for a parts gun. I mean, the barrel may have been worth something, but the rifling was so faint it could have been considered an AOW. One reason I wanted to dump it.

I did take the firing pins and springs out in the event I ever buy a similar model in the future on the cheap. Those are always the most prone to break parts in a break action.

At least tell us if one of these was your surrender gun...

junk.jpg

Someone turned in a box of donuts!...

Screenshot_2020-10-17 Providence, Central Falls 'buy back' 382 guns.png

Yeah, I doubt I would have gotten $200 for a parts gun. I mean, the barrel may have been worth something, but the rifling was so faint it could have been considered an AOW. One reason I wanted to dump it.

I did take the firing pins and springs out in the event I ever buy a similar model in the future on the cheap. Those are always the most prone to break parts in a break action.

Again, what was it? I'm curious.

Instead of abortions they should do "Baby Buybacks".
That should free up some Liberal bucks...

1602976377474.png

View attachment 400828

Someone turned in a box of donuts!...

View attachment 400830

Ugh, that little Derringer is cool. Also I think there could be some decent target 22's in the mix. I hope that bolt action with what looks similar to a vintage K4 scope is not a pre-64 Winchester!

Seriously, I would not think twice about dumping some POS nonfunctioning or barely functioning revolver and using the $200 to grab one of those potential gems on the table.

image.jpeg

I'd take one of these to a crappy gun before I'd ever think about surrendering it.

OP, you are just helping sharpen the government knife that they will use later to cut your throat.

You sold out for a couple of hundred dollars, and did damage to the gun community and liberty in general in the process by supporting a program designed to ultimately deny everyone of their rights.
image.jpeg

Back in the day, us Old Guys used to buy tickets to something called a "Honda Drop" and wail-away with a sledge-hammer on Jap motorcycles; after they were released from a crane...

Maybe tickets could be sold to a "Lorcin Drop"...

1602977511556.png1602977772979.png

Last edited:

View attachment 400828
Those H&R revolvers are actually what I want to buy more of. They're fun and have history given how far back some of them go. They're pretty much the cheapest top breaks people can buy today, but they're not the strongest guns, which is why I load them with wadcutters. The solid frame guns are definitely stronger and I'm dying to get my hands on a 5 shot .32 S&W short Young America. 8oz revolver that fits in the palm of your hand.

The one picture there is a .32 Long 6 shot. They built them on the larger .38 frames and to go from having 5 shots to 6. Power was about the same between the two, so the smaller caliber didn't mean much of a reduction in power, but gave an extra shot. The .32 shorts were built on the smaller .22 frames and were always 5 shooters.

Unfortunately these guns don't last forever and internals break. These make good parts guns given they're no longer made.

I may just start buying tons of Jennings and Lorcins at $100 a piece and turn them around for the $200 gift cards to spend at Walmart for video games.
But when you get up in the morning and look in the mirror, you'll be looking at a guy who owns a Jennings....

Back in the day, us Old Guys used to buy tickets to something called a "Honda Drop" and wail-away with a sledge-hammer on Jap motorcycles; after they were released from a crane...

Maybe tickets could be sold to a "Lorcin Drop"...

View attachment 400892View attachment 400896

Lol, why? Aren't Japanese bicycles a lot better than American ones in general?

Most old guys have a kneejerk reaction to everything that has an anti gun scent to it. We're talking about junk, not a fugging 1911 with a few bad springs in it.
These events continue because gun owners refuse to boycott them. You traded in junk, but you enabled the destruction of the next Sten or wartime bring-back.

If you insist on doing this again, do it right.

These events continue because gun owners refuse to boycott them. You traded in junk, but you enabled the destruction of the next Sten or wartime bring-back.

If you insist on doing this again, do it right.

The only way to win the gun buyback game is to not play at all

But when you get up in the morning and look in the mirror, you'll be looking at a guy who owns a Jennings....
Already own a Raven and was thinking of trading that one in too, but the thing is so bling that without it I wouldn't feel like my normal, pimp self anymore. Like, my hos would lose respect fah me n start holdin out n I haff 2 star backhandin em n I donn like 2 hit my hos. It bad 4 biness.

Besides, .25 ACP is probably the only ammo on the shelves at most gun stores now.

Picton - I got a tray of small pistol primers if you spill the beans ;)

Nah. What happens in PM stays in PM.

It was a niftier gun than I was expecting, but probably not even worth $150. From an economic perspective, it was a wise move.

Back
Top Bottom