• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to first gun "buyback"

OP deleted his original intent of buying another video game with the proceeds, & that he had >20 more laying around that he hasn't even opened yet. But yeah, just trying to buy Thanksgiving dinner. You are so FOS your eyes are probably brown.
I was too lazy to quote it earlier when he posted he was helping grandma and his car needed repaid ... Too bad, I should have.

Maybe T-Unit is trying to get money to join the bet with Old Guy and Brewer.

The gun I turned in is not worthy of being held in high esteem. Like, worse than Hi Point and it cost more. Why should I take a loss selling it for $50 to someone when I could get more money for it at the buyback? That's capitalism and I robbed the mofos who funded the buyback blind. If someone is stupid enough to donate money for a buyback thinking it's really going to make a difference, well, there's a sucker born every minute.

You have so much to learn.

We're already trillions in debt, it doesn't matter. You can't outlaw people offering to buy guns to destroy them and none of the people who basically sold their guns were forced to do it and like one of the posters above said, consider it a return of tax money to the people.

Damn, you still don't get it...I'll break it down like you are in 3rd grade...If someone started offering $1,000,000.00 for every gun no matter the condition, what do you think would eventually happen ?

I was too lazy to quote it earlier when he posted he was helping grandma and his car needed repaid ... Too bad, I should have.

Maybe T-Unit is trying to get money to join the bet with Old Guy and Brewer.

He also said he's been out of work for three months. Seems to me that each version of the story he tells is foolish under that scenario.

Good news is he helped create some propaganda hit piece for the communists AND he got paid for it!

It is America.......but it won't be if people keep participating in gun surrenders. It's the political ammo gained by the antis and government and the surrender mindset that is implanted in the public mind.
This. The do-gooders run these things so they can preen and strut and say, “look at all the bad guns on the street, we need more laws to keep these off the street”, which affects you and me and not the gangbangers that steal them..

OP deleted his original intent of buying another video game with the proceeds, & that he had >20 more laying around that he hasn't even opened yet. But yeah, just trying to buy Thanksgiving dinner. You are so FOS your eyes are probably brown.
I revised it because someone suggested from posts I made later in the thread that if I wasn't going to use it only to buy video games then I shouldn't leave it like that and I agreed.

U got a problem with that?

The prevailing guidance on NES sometime ago was to game them with the shit guns and profit.

Great reason to not own any shit guns so you don't waffle.

At any rate, NH bans them so there's that.
I guess that has now changed to if you own any "real" guns, guns that you did a 4473 for, no matter how shit they are, you cannot bring them in for a buyback. It could have been a 100+ year old rusted shotgun owned by your great grandfather that no longer works, it's your constitutional DUTY to bring it to a metal recycler for 50 cents and not a buyback for $100.

Believe me, I learned my lesson with the derringer. Any more cheap shit will either be something with some kind of cool history or a Hi Point. At least Hi Point has good customer service.

I guess that has now changed to if you own any "real" guns, guns that you did a 4473 for, no matter how shit they are, you cannot bring them in for a buyback. It could have been a 100+ year old rusted shotgun owned by your great grandfather that no longer works, it's your constitutional DUTY to bring it to a metal recycler for 50 cents and not a buyback for $100.

Believe me, I learned my lesson with the derringer. Any more cheap shit will either be something with some kind of cool history or a Hi Point. At least Hi Point has good customer service.
I am pretty sure that a lot of people would pay $100 to get a rusty POS shotgun and practice some gunsmithing on. Maybe even restoring it or making something fun with it.

If the stock is not cracked, I would pay $100. Remove all the rust, polish the barrells, sand the wood, refinish it, cut the barrel ... it can be a fun project.

Next time you have a POS rusted gun, shoot me a PM. I will give you $100 for it.

He also said he's been out of work for three months. Seems to me that each version of the story he tells is foolish under that scenario.

Good news is he helped create some propaganda hit piece for the communists AND he got paid for it!
Less than .25% was contributed by me, but that may as well be 100% I guess around here.

Hey, whatever. Down here I'll stare at my cool 30 rd post ban magazines while all you wiseguys can blame me for being stuck with pre ban mags the rest of your lives.

Wouldn't be the first time an innocent man was sentenced to death.

OIP.0PiEslAcQfhihXCj4UlaTAHaHa

I am pretty sure that a lot of people would pay $100 to get a rusty POS shotgun and practice some gunsmithing on. Maybe even restoring it or making something fun with it.

If the stock is not cracked, I would pay $100. Remove all the rust, polish the barrells, sand the wood, refinish it, cut the barrel ... it can be a fun project.

Next time you have a POS rusted gun, shoot me a PM. I will give you $100 for it.
How about $200 for a not rusted, fully functional stainless bolt action .22?

Less than .25% was contributed by me, but that may as well be 100% I guess around here.

Hey, whatever. Down here I'll stare at my cool 30 rd post ban magazines while all you wiseguys can blame me for being stuck with pre ban mags the rest of your lives.

Wouldn't be the first time an innocent man was sentenced to death.

OIP.0PiEslAcQfhihXCj4UlaTAHaHa

Hey, whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel better about the situation.

Doesn’t change what you participated in.

How about $200 for a not rusted, fully functional stainless bolt action .22?
No, because for a little more I can get a new 10/22, and a new rifle doesn't do much for me, I already have all my rifles I can play with.

But if I had that rifle I would donate it to the local gun club to be used for training purposes, maybe for a youth program.

You're a freedom-hating a**h***, and apparently slow learning too.

You helped the people that want to confiscate our guns. You sold your gun, dignity, and every other gun owners' rights for $200. Congratulations.

I don't have the time or patience to explain it to you because I've had to explain it too many times to greedy clueless people before.

Have somebody read these to you:

No, because for a little more I can get a new 10/22, and a new rifle doesn't do much for me, I already have all my rifles I can play with.

But if I had that rifle I would donate it to the local gun club to be used for training purposes, maybe for a youth program.
Fair enough. If I can't find a seller for it I may just donate it to my club. A .22 rifle will always be a good training gun.

My derringer was a gun that would have probably broken after another 100 rds, if not blown up, so it wouldn't have been a good use for training. Or self defense. Or as a wallhanger.

Youth is a terrible thing at times.

I revised it because someone suggested from posts I made later in the thread that if I wasn't going to use it only to buy video games then I shouldn't leave it like that and I agreed.

U got a problem with that?

Nah, I enjoy fools outing themselves, and then lying to cover up when they get called out. Which you seem to do on the regular. Can't wait to read your next "revision". Making a donation to MENSA?

Nah, I enjoy fools outing themselves, and then lying to cover up when they get called out. Which you seem to do on the regular. Can't wait to read your next "revision".
1. Didn't lie.

2. Since you've got nothing better to do with your free time, feel free to follow me here on NES and enjoy all the content I post. [devil]

1. Didn't lie.

2. Since you've got nothing better to do with your free time, feel free to follow me here on NES and enjoy all the content I post. [devil]

That's pretty much exactly what you've been doing in each post. I doubt you can even remember all the excuses and rationalizing you've done in this thread. And sorry if calling out your BS hurts your self esteem, snowflake. Keep the posts coming, though, it's like watching a train wreck in super slow motion.

gun buybacks are nothing but a feelgood statist program. We all know they do nothing to stop crime, nothing at all. So the OP took advantage of a crappy, useless program to sell a POS and get some of his tax money back. Doesn't mean he's anti 2A or freedom, he just manipulated a bogus program that already exists. Now sten guy on the other hand, assuming the sten was in good working order.........

It's like affirmative action. For the past 10 years I've been hispanic. Seems a good choice since hispanics for some reason have their own separate category in all the demographic surveys. It's not like I support affirmative action. I'm attempting to use a bogus and corrupt system of racial gerrymandering to my benefit.
Given that I'd never been to a buyback before, but heard about them, I was still expecting to to see some people my age or younger and I did not and I did not get the feeling that any of the people I saw in line were guys that had done a drive by shooting with their bolt action Mosin or break action shotgun.

Had I seen Crips and Bloods handing over their 9mms, I was going to say that everything I'd heard about buybacks was BS... but I saw exactly what I've read and heard about them. The belief that gangbangers are gonna wake up at 8 AM to go to a buyback for gift cards is stupid, they're not. If they've got a piece that they used two weeks ago during a robbery or an assault, they either throw the thing in a river or they sell/trade it for something else.

Sten gun guy, if it was real (it looked it), he said that he had put a bead of weld to make it inoperable, it may have been put there years back, but if I was in his shoes... I wouldn't take the chance of a 10 year prison sentence holding onto that for a second longer than necessary. Not for a Sten gun where parts availability and reliability are questionable. Seriously, there's nothing about a Sten gun that makes it worth the felony that a 9mm AR with a binary trigger that uses Glock mags can't do.

manipulate tyranny
I guess you could call it that, but what I handed over was something I bought never intending to do a buyback with. Manipulating the buybacks would be me buying guns that I intend to use for a buyback and make a profit off them whilst also shooting them to have the experience of shooting them.

Given that I'd never been to a buyback before, but heard about them, I was still expecting to to see some people my age or younger and I did not and I did not get the feeling that any of the people I saw in line were guys that had done a drive by shooting with their bolt action Mosin or break action shotgun.

Had I seen Crips and Bloods handing over their 9mms, I was going to say that everything I'd heard about buybacks was BS... but I saw exactly what I've read and heard about them. The belief that gangbangers are gonna wake up at 8 AM to go to a buyback for gift cards is stupid, they're not. If they've got a piece that they used two weeks ago during a robbery or an assault, they either throw the thing in a river or they sell/trade it for something else.

Sten gun guy, if it was real (it looked it), he said that he had put a bead of weld to make it inoperable, it may have been put there years back, but if I was in his shoes... I wouldn't take the chance of a 10 year prison sentence holding onto that for a second longer than necessary. Not for a Sten gun where parts availability and reliability are questionable. Seriously, there's nothing about a Sten gun that makes it worth the felony that a 9mm AR with a binary trigger that uses Glock mags can't do.

I guess you could call it that, but what I handed over was something I bought never intending to do a buyback with. Manipulating the buybacks would be me buying guns that I intend to use for a buyback and make a profit off them whilst also shooting them to have the experience of shooting them.

Thick as a
image.jpeg

Even if i owned a hi point. I can't think of the sadness I would feel for it when the local news showed it on a table waiting for destruction. Never "sell" your gun to libs. It makes their fight worth fighting

Back
Top Bottom