• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to first gun "buyback"

The gun I turned in is not worthy of being held in high esteem. Like, worse than Hi Point and it cost more. Why should I take a loss selling it for $50 to someone when I could get more money for it at the buyback? That's capitalism and I robbed the mofos who funded the buyback blind. If someone is stupid enough to donate money for a buyback thinking it's really going to make a difference, well, there's a sucker born every minute.

I don't thing you understand that the statistic you just became will be most costly to your rights than even the most expensive handgun you can buy on your next paycheck.

I would personally demill and render destroyed a useless firearm before I would turn it in to a gun buy back.

Further, I have no faith that a gun turned into such a program won't be back out on the street next month in Chicago, baltimore or NYC.

I can not understand the logic behind any one on this website doing such a thing as you have done.

Go figure, when you need a good gun buyback you can't find one. My old BB gun no longer maintains pressure & i've been anxiously waiting a new buyback to get me myself some $200 gun reparations. Come on Maura, please have a gun buyback soon. Very dangerous to have people home from work due to Wuhan with access to their guns all day long.

1st table second long gun from the left looks like a Marlin 120 12g shotgun, ive been looking for another barrel ( or parts gun ) for a long time for one of those and there it is........
I will say I hope all those previous gun owners that turned in "junk" don't regret that decision when there city is on fire, maybe a "junk or old gun" bet it most would still go bang based on the pics posted, especially that single shot H&R, damn waste of fine gun.

That’s just silly. You get a much better return if you rent her out by the day.

OP, obviously you can do anything you want with YOUR property, just don't expect a lot of "attaboy's" about it.

Selling a gun at a "Buyback", even if ugly and useless, is not too far off from selling an ugly/useless sister to a brothel...

1st table second long gun from the left looks like a Marlin 120 12g shotgun, ive been looking for another barrel ( or parts gun ) for a long time for one of those and there it is........
I will say I hope all those previous gun owners that turned in "junk" don't regret that decision when there city is on fire, maybe a "junk or old gun" bet it most would still go bang based on the pics posted, especially that single shot H&R, damn waste of fine gun.
Those are the types of guns that would have been put to better use parting them out or trying to repair them or selling/giving them away because the return for those is only $100.

Could easily have gotten more for them selling on gunbroker.

The way to rectify this is to take the cash and put it toward a new gun.
Have been thinking of getting a Hi Point .45, just wish they'd make one with the $100 finish...

29558-DEFAULT-l.jpg

doing this gives legitimacy to their lunacy and gives them good photo ops

f*** gun buy backs and f*** those that participate
This. Turn in 100 broken BB guns and the headline the next day will read "100 dangerous firearms taken off streets in successful gun buyback"

This. Turn in 100 broken BB guns and the headline the next day will read "100 dangerous firearms taken off streets in successful gun buyback"
Yeah, cuz those 115 year old H&R revolvers and double barrel 20gaugh shotguns are the choice of gangbangers in Lower South Providence these days.

The headline will have people believing that it was urban youths turning in Tec 9s and what I saw in line were White guys in their 40s, 50s, and 60s turning in guns that even Australia wouldn't want to confiscate.

Everything about these buybacks is a joke.

Even the cops who were working the buyback know it's BS, they were joking with a guy ahead of me saying, "This will just go towards another one, right?" and the guy said yeah. The Sten gun got a lot of attention tho.

Just a show of hands, how many of you skinflints would have given OP the same $200 to not sell the POS gun to the liberal machine? Money puts food on plates.

Talk is cheap.
OP would never learn to stand up for 2A if everyone gives him $200.

So no. I wouldn’t give him a nickel.

OP would never learn to stand up for 2A if everyone gives him $200.

So no. I wouldn’t give him a nickel.

You’ve made my point. All pro 2A folks aren’t well on. While the OP’s circumstances are certainly different (video game money?) I imagine the situation isn’t as uncommon as we might think.
I’m playing devils advocate here mind you. If the option is sell a POS to a gun buyback for for $200 for ammo money, or get lowballed here on NES, what’s a guy in a tough spot to do?

Perhaps it’s a solely contrarian position as I have yet to be there myself, but I wouldn’t want to be shunned for it if I had to.

I also probably wouldn’t advertise it as well though :rolleyes:

Edit- my poor ass is a GOAL and GOA member, so flame lightly please.

The gun I turned in is not worthy of being held in high esteem. Like, worse than Hi Point and it cost more. Why should I take a loss selling it for $50 to someone when I could get more money for it at the buyback? That's capitalism and I robbed the mofos who funded the buyback blind. If someone is stupid enough to donate money for a buyback thinking it's really going to make a difference, well, there's a sucker born every minute.

“Sure they gang raped me. But they used lube and I kinda enjoyed it, and then they gave me my wallet back in the end. So really I got paid and everybody wins. Wonder whether we’ll do business again.”

Seriously, you’re trying so hard to rationalize this rape that you argue the gun was worse than a Hi-Point, but you paid more than that for it, yet someone else is the fool? Which “mofo” got “robbed blind” here?

I feel better and in the end some fool flushed his money down the toilet to make himself feel better.

Not very comforting when you realize the fool who paid for it is you with your own tax dollars. They’ll continue taxing, continue funding “voluntary buybacks,” and normalize the rape of 2A rights until suckers defend “mandatory buybacks” on NES like this. They’re shifting the argument that direction and you’ve helped them do it.

Not very comforting when you realize the fool who paid for it is you with your own tax dollars. They’ll continue taxing, continue funding “voluntary buybacks,” and normalize the rape of 2A rights until suckers defend “mandatory buybacks” on NES like this. They’re shifting the argument that direction and you’ve helped them do it.
Now you're just repeating what other people have said. What's the matter, can't think for yourself?

Now you're just repeating what other people have said. What's the matter, can't think for yourself?

Because you keep rationalizing and legitimizing this whole farce. How many times in how many ways do you need to hear it before you understand it? We ALL lost at that event because the gun-grabbers won.

You’ve made my point. All pro 2A folks aren’t well on. While the OP’s circumstances are certainly different (video game money?) I imagine the situation isn’t as uncommon as we might think.
I’m playing devils advocate here mind you. If the option is sell a POS to a gun buyback for for $200 for ammo money, or get lowballed here on NES, what’s a guy in a tough spot to do?

Perhaps it’s a solely contrarian position as I have yet to be there myself, but I wouldn’t want to be shunned for it if I had to.

I also probably wouldn’t advertise it as well though :rolleyes:

Edit- my poor ass is a GOAL and GOA member, so flame lightly please.
My circumstances are shit right now. I've been laid off for nearly 3 months and will likely continue to be laid off the rest of the year. I thought I had another job lined up back in August and they called me back days before I was supposed to start and said the position is no longer available. I had to pay a big car repair bill and my car insurance the same day last week. Rent's going up, grandmother seemed like she was on her deathbed two weeks ago, and I can't buy any goddamn primers because they're not available.

I figured getting $200 for something I've wanted to get rid of for years would be a good thing, but now I'm some kind of traitor.

Life sure is funny.

But would you casually brag about “robbing those mofos blind,” realize nobody on a gun forum is sympathetic to your rationalizing a gun “buyback,”, and only then pivot to a sob story to try salvaging the conversation?

My circumstances are shit right now. I've been laid off for nearly 3 months and will likely continue to be laid off the rest of the year. I thought I had another job lined up back in August and they called me back days before I was supposed to start and said the position is no longer available. I had to pay a big car repair bill and my car insurance the same day last week. Rent's going up, grandmother seemed like she was on her deathbed two weeks ago, and I can't buy any goddamn primers because they're not available.

I figured getting $200 for something I've wanted to get rid of for years would be a good thing, but now I'm some kind of traitor.

Life sure is funny.
You might want to edit your OP; the part where your going to use the money to buy video games.

I figured getting $200 for something I've wanted to get rid of for years would be a good thing, but now I'm some kind of traitor. Life sure is funny.
There are two polar opposite views within the pro-2A community on how to beat anti-2A liberals doing their silly, useless gun buybacks.

One side says to ignore them and they will go away. The other side says to actively fight them... bleed them dry with worthless junk and then go out and buy better guns and more ammo.

NES members tend to choose the former. Others elsewhere have chosen the latter. Which approach has had more success?

I am pretty sure I know, but I better not say it on NES. 🤪

Life sure is funny.

There's nothing funny about it. You plan poorly.

If you think your circumstances are temporarilly shit now, wait until the state bends you over and plows you under permanently by using the propaganda prop that you turned in to further errode your and everybody else's rights.

I think a little education in money management and a little less "keeping up with the jones" and less "living beyond your means" mindset would go a long way for you........certainly a lot further than $200 that will be blown by the end of the week.

Life sure is funny.

I wouldn't be thinking about buying primers in your situation. Even if they were stacked to the roof at gun stores.

Back
Top Bottom