Went to first gun "buyback"

Central Falls and Providence have had a spike in shootings this year, so a buyback was organized and I went because I had a POS handgun I stupidly bought a few years ago and regretted it since the day I picked it up. Thankfully they were giving $200 for handguns, so I lost no money bringing it in and had I tried to sell it I probably wouldn't have even gotten $100 for it.

So, it was probably a 5 minute wait, got to see some of the other junk other people didn't want, and I noticed that everyone who was in line was an old White guy. Like, absolutely none of them looked like people who would go and shoot somebody at 2AM and I saw no handguns being turned in other than mine, so I got to see firsthand how useless these buybacks are for reducing or preventing crime.

But I'm not complaining because if the donks in RI want to keep running these buybacks it'll allow me to buy more cheap guns to shoot for my entertainment and turn them in after I get bored with them or if they break to get my money back and allow me to repeat the process.

I may just start buying tons of Jennings and Lorcins at $100 a piece and turn them around for the $200 gift cards to spend at Walmart for whatever.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Are you allowed to do FTF with other RI residents? Sounds like a good opportunity to walk the line and poach those guns before they get turned in.
Fugg no, UBC here. Besides, what I saw was either trash or were machine guns somebodies grandfather brought back from WW2.

Legit saw a Sten submachine gun from one of the guys in front of me.

Fugg no, UBC here. Besides, what I saw was either trash or were machine guns somebodies grandfather brought back from WW2.

Legit saw a Sten submachine gun from one of the guys in front of me.
Oh yeah, no one is going to buy those WAIT WHAT!??!?!?

Brb driving to Providence with a wad of cash.

If they're paying $200 for handguns you could just buy a bunch of Hi-Points and flip them over for profit.
That too, but I don't get as much of a thrill shooting a Hi Point because they're never going to blow up, but something like a Jennings, Lorcin, or a Rohm might and I like to shoot dangerously. :cool:

You threw your support behind the gun control movement in exchange for video game money and bragged about it on a gun forum.
The gun I turned in is not worthy of being held in high esteem. Like, worse than Hi Point and it cost more. Why should I take a loss selling it for $50 to someone when I could get more money for it at the buyback? That's capitalism and I robbed the mofos who funded the buyback blind. If someone is stupid enough to donate money for a buyback thinking it's really going to make a difference, well, there's a sucker born every minute.

How much are they getting for a zipgun...???

1602960593306.png
New Haven police uncover juvenile’s alleged zip-gun manufacturing operation after robberies
Robberies lead to arrest of juvenile in alleged weapon-making operation
Published 4:03 pm EDT, Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Buy a trunk load and flip them to the state for a profit. Go buy another trunk load and repeat. Use the system against itself.
I'd love to, but IDK how often they're going to run buybacks near me, so I can't go overboard buying stuff, but when I see something on gunbroker that interests me that's under $200, I'll definitely be more apt to buy it knowing if it sucks I can get my money back.

I didn't inquire about black powder guns, but if it's a pistol I'm willing to bet they would have taken them and handed out the $200. Which means I could show up with a sack full of these next time:

Never. I’d happily lose $ rather than help these f***ing commies further their fear mongering.
And I’m heart broken, if it’s true, that there were WWII bring backs on the table being handed back over to the same type of commies those folks fought against.

The gun I turned in is not worthy of being held in high esteem. Like, worse than Hi Point and it cost more. Why should I take a loss selling it for $50 to someone when I could get more money for it at the buyback? That's capitalism and I robbed the mofos who funded the buyback blind. If someone is stupid enough to donate money for a buyback thinking it's really going to make a difference, well, there's a sucker born every minute.
The real problem with "Gun Buyback Programs" is that every single piece of shit gun turned in...
Anti's will use against you and your "good" guns; that you don't want to surrender...

It's bad juju...

Last edited:
Never. I’d happily lose $ rather than help these f***ing commies further their fear mongering.
And I’m heart broken, if it’s true, that there were WWII bring backs on the table being handed back over to the same type of commies those folks fought against.

This.

OP, out of curiosity, what was it you sold back?

I mistakenly bought a POS single shot shotgun. My fault for not doing the research first. I was looking to sell it to an antique collector and try to get some of my money back. Then, it dawned on me that it would be perfect for a gun buyback. I'm just keeping my eyes open for one that's near me and giving away decent gift cards.

BTW, how do you "buy back" something you never owned or sold in the first place?

I just rethought my post, and would like to apologize for vulgarities.

I'll leave the post, but rephrase little:

like I told my daughters when they were little,
"those people are not your friends, they'll offer you things that sound good at first, but ultimately they'll hurt you to help themselves"

so lets look at best case... if it was a city/town funded thing... congrats, you got some of your tax money back, but now they see success and will do more, and need more money, and tax you more

if it's a "charity" run thing, they just spent donations they thought would actually help their community, but we all know (and you saw) the people in the comunity they want to turn in guns; don't. But numbers are good, they "got X amount of guns" out of the community, that in reality didn't achieve helping the community. Instead of "buy back" money they could have used that money for things that would actually help the community. i.e. jobs, education, and investing in the community

so again great job [/sarcasm]

Rationalize it however you want, but you supported a gun control project in exchange for video game money.

Back
Top Bottom