• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to Dean Safety at the mill

Absolutely no problem with that. Just surprising attitude. I just don't have the luxury of being able to ridicule my customers. Not trying to change anyone's business plan, just would avoid places that reinforce the stereotype of the Ahole gun store proprietor. But if it works, then good for the owner.

Jesus H. Christ.

It's not ridicule. It's FAIR WARNING.

Now, if someone is one of those douchebags who think signs don't apply to them, and they march in his store and ask to buy a .40 Shield, then they DESERVE to be ridiculed.

Ask me about idiots who walk past three signs that say they have to call before they can enter my dental office. "Oh I didn't see them."

Bullshit. My team finally got fed up and made a freaking STOP sign for the inner entry door. Oh, how I wish I could ridicule these morons.

So yea. Lots of people DESERVE to be ridiculed. Because they're fkn stupid douchebags.

For the record, I don't necessarily want to make people wait in their cars and call to be granted entry, but it is what we decided to do to protect ourselves from liability and state scrutiny because Covid.

Jesus H. Christ.

It's not ridicule. It's FAIR WARNING.

Now, if someone is one of those douchebags who think signs don't apply to them, and they march in his store and ask to buy a .40 Shield, then they DESERVE to be ridiculed.

Ask me about idiots who walk past three signs that say they have to call before they can enter my dental office. "Oh I didn't see them."

Bullshit. My team finally got fed up and made a freaking STOP sign for the inner entry door. Oh, how I wish I could ridicule these morons.

So yea. Lots of people DESERVE to be ridiculed. Because they're fkn stupid douchebags.

For the record, I don't necessarily want to make people wait in their cars and call to be granted entry, but it is what we decided to do to protect ourselves from liability and state scrutiny because Covid.
Like the no parking signs at my garage and we still get the a**h***s that park the long way blocking all 3 bays!
Even have nitwits get out and move the cones that say no parking.

It’s literally both: It is a hobby not a business where optimization of profit takes priority AND in the business framework which Randy chooses to operate selling the lower priced firearms happens to not be profitable. He already explained this very concisely in multiple posts, I suggest you revisit them and read through them again.

No shit, if I can sell Anderson lowers for $250 a pop, why the F would I sell a handgun and only make $50 ?

Pretty sure they have the profit thing figured out, more power to them.

Except that it is a serious gun and very capable. Barely any margin on them though for a seller. So FSguns makes money on volume for them.

His sign is totally fine. He doesn’t want to sell those things and is letting people know before they go in. What’s the problem with that?
When FSGuns orders a common gun there is generally a couple of zeroes at the end of the quantity column - and that is for one specific configuration, not the total of an assortment of barrel length, caliber and dingus options. And there are probably a few other line items with a couple of zeros or more at the end of the quantity column on that order. He can sell for close to, or at, what the little guy pays and still make a modest margin.

Try not to project. Your lack of understanding of intent and non-existent sense of humor does not mean your conclusions about the attributes of the shop owner are correct. While on this forum I am not shy about obliterating morons for saying stupid shit, especially about MGL, in my shop I will let my google reviews and the feedback of people on this forum that have ACTUALLY been to the shop speak for itself.

As you are from NH and can't shop in MA, it just goes to reinforce why I blocked your account on NES years ago: running off at the mouth about things you know nothing about. Good day to you.
I have not been to your shop but your post makes me want to visit it.

It's a three hour round trip for me and I never hesitate to make the trek to Dean Safety. I've been there three times and always receive outstanding service. Can't think of a single reason not to recommend the shop.

The people that complain about Dean Safety are most likely the same people that complain that once they walk into a gunshop they are expected to be greeted by a hearty hello and their own personal valet service to let them fingerf*** every gun in the shop and then talked into buying a gun, that's what 4Seasons is for.

Know what you are looking for, see if they have it, give the man his money and then leave.

Randy has always been super cool to me. I have always left wishing I had spent MORE time there talking with those guys. They to me, are a pool of knowledge. The guys at @MAGAArms @Dean Safety are probably the friendliest FFL’s in the state (aside from the team at the gun runner they are all tied in my mind). Who cares if you pay more. Most shops are @ssholes. I’ll pay more for good service any day of the week.

I went for the first time two weeks ago. Randy could not have been nicer and I had a great experience and ended up with exactly what I wanted. Ironically, I first heard about the mill through the MAGA arms thread a few weeks back. Well worth the trip.

You keep flinging this "your customers" thing around. [rofl]

The people referenced on the sign are not likely customers.

They're people that the vendor has intentionally deselected. No different than the same way a steakhouse deselects vegans just by existing.
Priceless.
NES best post for the first trimester of 2021.

Wilson you sound like that customer no one wants to deal with. His business his rules if you want to put your money where your mouth is rent some space and show him how it's done. I have a feeling you would become disenfranchised quickly when you discovered you weren't making a profit verse the timeline.

He's is smarter than most basing his business on profit not on feel good dynamics.
Ignore him. Life is better

I don't need 40sw, shields or tauruses but this why i never go in that store and 2 others in the same room, I hear some snarky replies about them not needing my business because it's going great, but times will change. There are plenty of great guys in the mill who do not ridicule customers.

I don't need 40sw, shields or tauruses but this why i never go in that store and 2 others in the same room, I hear some snarky replies about them not needing my business because it's going great, but times will change. There are plenty of great guys in the mill who do not ridicule customers.
1618795915115.gif
JFC lighten up. Have you ever even been inside and know what great services Randy and Sharif offer?
And I’m one of the few who will admit to have transferred a Taurus through Dean Safety 😂and I was not harassed...well there was some wise cracking jokes but all in good fun and plenty of laughter going on.

I don't even care about being ridiculed if they have what I want.

Them : " Hey Greg, you suck the big D"

Me : " Yup, and I swallow, you got that upper I want ?"

Them : "Yup, cost $200":

Me: "If I give you $205, will you suck my D ?"

Them: " f*** you, give me money for gun part"

I hand money over and leave more gay then when I went in, but I have the part I was looking for.

It's a win win for both of us !

View attachment 473924
JFC lighten up. Have you ever even been inside and know what great services Randy and Sharif offer?
And I’m one of the few who will admit to have transferred a Taurus through Dean Safety 😂and I was not harassed...well there was some wise cracking jokes but all in good fun and plenty of laughter going on.
Taurus/Shield/40 Gang be like:

1618797031630.gif

Best thread ever. Reminds me of the soup Nazi. Ha ha, no shields or fortays, no soup for you. Ask for a Taurus, banned one year!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lfZg-apSA

The funny thing about the Seinfield Soup Nazi character is that he appeared in only one episode (the 116th). Being so popular, lots of folks think he was some sort of recurring character, or at least appeared in more than one episode.

If you’re offended by some light hearted humor about inanimate objects, then you should be mocked. The snowflake mentality is either contagious or brilliant for out’ing people.

"Courage can be contagious. That's the good news. The bad news is that cowardice is almost always contagious."

Huh? How is a Shield not a serious gun?

Shields are hands down one of the best and most serious guns on the market. They are one of the best-selling guns for a reason. They are also used by many Tier 1 and elite operators around the world. The decision to stop selling them was one that we grappled with. With the current shortage of guns, we did not want the excess demand from the civilian market to impact those who are protecting and serving and those that are putting their lives on the line overseas. The upcoming Vickers Guide for the Shields has a chapter discussing in great detail how the M&P shield has tilted the war on terror to our advantage and how its green laser has given our special forces the edge in Afghanistan especially in CQC applications and urban warfare.

Back
Top Bottom