• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

went shooting today.....

i went shooting today with a bunch of friends (shootin the MG's) and i shot a H&K 51 for the first time. the combination of .308, a really short barrel, and select fire capibility make it the most fun gun ive ever shot.

mag dumps on a m16 with a pistol upper on it was pretty fun too.

so i guess in short, i had a really good day.

I went shooting today too. But I didn't have as much fun as you. I got to the range and realized I'd left most of my ammo at home. I shot 50 rounds of 9mm, 30 rounds of .38sp and maybe 10 rounds of .380...

I wasn't happy. I feel incomplete. <sob>

MikeYarosh said:
SR: What type of .380 where you shooting?
(firearm- not cartridge)

Why would possibly leave the house without enough ammo?

I was shooting this adorable little Sig 230 that I have.

But I left without enough ammo because I had to go to the Dr and Patrick was late for work and we were running around trying to get us both out of the house and I had ammo out of my gun box (like an eejit) and with everything else I had to grab and get my car out of Patrick's way and he didn't want to grab any of my gun stuff because you know how he is and it was just a mess and that's why I got out of the house without enough ammo. Which sucks. The end.

I like adorable Sig P230's.

I prefer adorable HK 51's.

Has anyone fired an HK51b? (Beltfed version) I understand the Vollmer's did two and one of them is right here in MA.

Mike
(Who has heard from a birdie that there might be two MG shoots in Mass this year.... I'm waiting for details... This will the first place I post info)

MikeYarosh said:

Has anyone fired an HK51b? (Beltfed version) I understand the Vollmer's did two and one of them is right here in MA.

Mike
(Who has heard from a birdie that there might be two MG shoots in Mass this year.... I'm waiting for details... This will the first place I post info)

I'm in. Plus Patrick's been itching to sell some tickets... [roll]

MikeYarosh said:

Mike

never shot a 51b, but theres a company out there thats makes a g3k-b.

I don't have the time or patience to get the class 3 permits and shoot full auto, so instead I just put my cash in a big pile and burn it as fast as I can. :D

Emoto said:
I don't have the time or patience to get the class 3 permits and shoot full auto, so instead I just put my cash in a big pile and burn it as fast as I can. :D

While I think that I could do those things, I don't think that I can afford the Full Auto guns.

I think that if my wife found out that I spent 12 grand on a gun, instead of a new car, or a house, she'd kill me.

so buy a Mac for $3500, or maybe a AC556 for $6300, or a FNC sear. then after a year or two, bribe her so she will let you buy somthing more expenive like a MP5 or a g3.

Emoto said:

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Kidding aside, I do enjoy shooting full auto, though. It really is big fun. At some point, I will probably go through the permitting process, but I don't know that I will ever be willing/able to spend the $$$ on a gun.

Emoto said:
Kidding aside, I do enjoy shooting full auto, though. It really is big fun. At some point, I will probably go through the permitting process, but I don't know that I will ever be willing/able to spend the $$$ on a gun.

Therein lies the rub. Depending on where you live, you might be able to get the license for full auto, but it's the price of the guns that causes sticker shock. I know I could get the license, but what good would it do me?? I can't even afford semi's right now. [roll]

The $200 tax is nothing. Meeting the requirements to own for me a re easy, due to my employment/background.

But, I'll be damned if I want all the BS that goes with it.

And, like the rest of you, I'm not paying the $$$$ for the guns.

I'll stick to my semi's. I find them more fun anyways. And, you can go to the GMBSC shoots with a semi or bolt gun. I do.

ive been lucky enought to be good friends with a dealer/manufacture, so ive shot alot of his stuff. by hanging out at his place ive learned so much that i wouldnt have been able to learn without knowing him. like just he other day i was learning how to take apart a M60. when i become old enought i will file for a FFL and a manufactures licence.

i have been extremely lucky with all the gun stuff. i think its pretty funny when ive fired more machine guns than i have pistols, bolt actions, semiautos, and shotguns put ogether.

I don't know what my favorite firearm capable of fully automatic fire is. However, I really do love firing the Galil, MPi 69, and PKM. I'm also very fond of the HK 21, even though I take a beating when I fire it.

And so what if I like setting with the girls, selling tickets, and knitting doilies. Someone has to do it; it's not an easy job, especially dealing with all the customer's questions and complaints. That dosn't make me any less of a man. Does it? [wink]

I've noticed over the years that fascination with full auto firearms tends to have a very strong negative correlation with the number of times that a person has had to hump all the ammunition they're going to have available over rough terrain into indian country. They may be fun to play with (as long as I don't have to pay for the ammo), but when TSHTF I'll be firing one round at a time. [wink]

Ken

At one PD qualification they dragged out a S&W 76 smg (9mm) for us to "get familiar with". By the time it was my turn, the entire center of the target was ripped up from top to bottom (they weren't scoring, so used 1 target for ~30 officers). That puppy climbed and felt like a piece of shit in my hands. No idea where the rounds ended up, but wouldn't be surprised if it was in the next town over (town line ~1/4 mile away)!

I was very happy to put the PD together with Frank Ferrante (Weare, NH FFL and collector of Class 3) to trade that garbage (and 2 other smgs) for CAR15s that the officers can get much better use from!

I have no interest in F/A, no desire to spend $100s on ammo that goes "wherever" (spray and pray). I can rattle thru a 20/30 rd AR15 mag real quickly with control and hitting the area I'm aiming at much more effectively.

Edited for qualification: F/A has it's place in military ops to keep the enemy pinned down so that the aimed shooters can take them out. I find no useful purpose to me in a civilian world (although I DEFEND everyone's right to own/use them responsibly).

Edited: I know the practical uses of Full Auto are limited, particularly, outside of the military.

However, I still love the impractical use of Full Auto. Nothing brings a smile to the face like sending massive amounts of lead down range, at a rapid pace. It’s not about accuracy (just as long as you keep them in the berm), or practicality. It’s about having good clean, safe, fun.

It’s another way to enjoy the shooting sports, and I believe most of us would agree, one of the best reasons to shoot is to have fun.

IMHO,
Patrick

Oh, don't misunderstand, it IS fun. I got to shoot an MP-40 last year in Eden, and loved it. I've shot bigger stuff, but they're not as much fun as the smaller stuff.

Cheap Machine Gun - aka - Redneck Rapid Fire

1) Take your Garrand. (Why a Garrand? Becaue it's the only one I've - um - heard about - yea, that's the ticket)

2) Load and make ready. (if you pinch your thumb, stop, you are not ready for this.)

3) Put your hand in your pocket except for your trigger finger and thumb.

4) Rest gun on hand/pocket just behind trigger

5) Grab the front of the gun with support hand as far up as you can and still keep the gun slightly pointed down.

6) place finger on trigger and tense it so that it won't move.

7) Be VERY sure of the point of aim. You want it slightly LOW.

8) With the front support hand Pull the gun forward as hard as you can and keep the arm locked. The gun WILL come up a little as you do this which is why you keep it low.

8 rounds in the blink of an eye.

And if I ever catch you doing that on my club's range, you will lose your membership before the clip hits the ground. I suspect just about any club would be just as fast.

Not that I'd ever do such childish things with guns mind you.

(^_^)

DO NOT DO THAT WITH A GARAND OR M14.

An AR or AK, fine. Even an HK 91/93. I do it with an AK. They call it "bump fire". Ask Ross about it. He's seen me do it. These guns mentioned will not fire unless in battery (bolt locked).

The Garand or M14 can fire without being fully in battery. I blew out a casehead about a year and a half ago, the results weren't fun. I was shooting semi-auto, by the way, sighting it in.

Cost about $125 or so to fix the gun (bolt, stock, ejector).

Cost about $300 in ER bills to get the chunks of the magazine out of my left hand. Hurt, too.

Come up to Ripton, I'll definitely do it there, with the AK.

i just started bump firing my AK. i have a video that i could put up maybe if i find some place to host it.

be very careful about where you do it too. when i do it im about 30 yards away and i aim really low.

the PKM is a really nice gun. its suprisingly accurate too when you squeeze off single rounds. weve heated that barrel so many times, i remember one day we burned the finnish off of it. ever try a RPD? they run great, easy to use, and really fun to do long bursts.

Emoto said:
Kidding aside, I do enjoy shooting full auto, though. It really is big fun.

While I've had many opportunities to shoot full auto; EVERY time I've attempted shoulder-fired full auto, I couldn't get past keeping it to short 3-5 rd bursts. After which I had to reacquire the target. Just couldn't get into the spray technique.

That doesn't apply to Ma Deuce & the M19 on tripod; but that's different.

Ray P said:
Emoto said:
Kidding aside, I do enjoy shooting full auto, though. It really is big fun.

While I've had many opportunities to shoot full auto; EVERY time I've attempted shoulder-fired full auto, I couldn't get past keeping it to short 3-5 rd bursts. After which I had to reacquire the target. Just couldn't get into the spray technique.

That doesn't apply to Ma Deuce & the M19 on tripod; but that's different.

i think maybe its just you need some pratice doing it. when i first started shooting fullautos i couldnt controll them, but now that ive had quite a bit of practice i do alot better. physicle size has some to do with it i think, im a fairly big kid so i definatly have an advantage over the real skinny poeple (advantage for full auto, disadvantage everwhere else). there are still some guns that i cant controll on full auto like peticularly the m14.

Nobody can control an M14 Full Auto. That's most of why the Army quit using them that way, and went to the M60 MG for the Squad Automatic. This happened about the same time as the M16 was being first issued.

Nickle said:
Nobody can control an M14 Full Auto. That's most of why the Army quit using them that way, and went to the M60 MG for the Squad Automatic. This happened about the same time as the M16 was being first issued.

i know a guy that can. but hes alot bigger and alot stronger than me.

Back
Top Bottom