Well, there goes Maine - Get me any house in Maine!' Out-of-state buyers from New York City, Boston and DC are flooding the Maine property market...

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get the pleasure of having NJ plates on top of Mass and NY. The market is swamped here too. Hurry up and build your fortress.
I wish they'd pick a place (NOT New Hampshire) - say, Connecticut's Litchfield hills (or anywhere actually in this crappy state) - and settle there, rather than invading absolutely everywhere that's decent.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hurry up and get here already! [thumbsup]
We get the pleasure of having NJ plates on top of Mass and NY. The market is swamped here too. Hurry up and build your fortress.
Two wrapping up college- one this semester and one possibly by May or after a brief summer session. Have to wrap that up first, then Mrs. Mountain can retire and we're more mobile. I'm not ready for that, but a potentially heavy work from home schedule could make it easier to move beforehand.

I know there are a lot of good people from NY and NJ, but I have a tough time getting along on the ski slopes with the typical bozos from the NYC metro area. That's why I can't stand skiing at Okemo and much prefer somewhere like Cannon which has its own natural selection for rude idiots. Mercifully, those types don't go to gun ranges. I realize there is a lot of tourism from these areas, but it's different when you have to live in the same community. I doubt they understand nor appreciate what has kept NH and ME largely nice- avoiding the crap they will likely import as they move in.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
A friends house sold in 2 weeks up here with closing in 60 days. They are downsizing and really needed to be closer to Bangor for her treatments. The 3 trips a week times 140 per was killing him.
Spoke to another guy whose been here 35 plus years who said he’s never seen such arrogant people ever. All NY and Maryland plates filling his parking lot. He knows they will flock back to the cities. This is too removed from civilization.
Real estate is flying off the shelves.

Wait till the winter cold and snow blows in. They don’t have a clue.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
A friends house sold in 2 weeks up here with closing in 60 days. They are downsizing and really needed to be closer to Bangor for her treatments. The 3 trips a week times 140 per was killing him.
Spoke to another guy whose been here 35 plus years who said he’s never seen such arrogant people ever. All NY and Maryland plates filling his parking lot. He knows they will flock back to the cities. This is too removed from civilization.
Real estate is flying off the shelves.

Wait till the winter cold and snow blows in. They don’t have a clue.
Closing in 60 days? Damn, that is a long time.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Closing in 60 days? Damn, that is a long time.
Actually it’s fine. They don’t have a place locked in to buy yet but yes 60 is a ways out.
The buyers are from MA so yes there is a 99% chance they ain’t going to fit in too well in Trump country. There are still not a lot of Joe and Ho signs around but more than 3 weeks ago.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When the American version of the Iron Curtain comes down, it's coming down along the Western and southern NY border. I hope I'm not alive to see it but if I am, I'm hoping I've been able to make it somewhere west of NY before it happens. Going to be a coin flip either way. All of New England is a lost cause.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved it when a friend was telling me the home that recently sold right across the road from the entrance to Sig Academy and not far from their RD range was a total shock to the new owner. He was complaining that he had no idea that they were across the road.

Seems the real estate agent only had time to show the property after sundown and on a Sunday. Wonder if he knew the dragstrip was nearby.

A few homes away was recently bought by someone who moved up from NJ. They were born and raised in small town MN so they weren't indoctrinated fully. But I did mention that Sig, Star Speedway and New England Dragway is not far away so don't get rattled when you hear the jet cars and full auto at 8am.

BigTimber

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Good. Stay out of NH- that's mine in a few years.
Too late. Wife and I have been looking to get a summer spot in nh. We’ve gone full asking on three places within 48 hours of listing only to hear back “highest and best Final offer” it’s unreal what’s going on up north. And all the realtors I talk with say the same thing. Folks from New York are buying site unseen. One house we bid on was bought in 2018 for 208,000. They got over 3.

Rehoboth Dave

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this Ma**h*** was up near Lincoln to visit my camp just last week and the lack of For Sale signs was really noticeable. There were maybe two or three in the last 20 mile stretch off the highway when usually there are a dozen or more. Places that had gone unsold for years no longer had signs. I expect the local demolition guys are about to experience a bump in work but will it last?
Thing is I'm about 7 years out from retiring to up to Maine (or so I currently plan) and I sure hope that this fad will fade. One of the things which encourages me is that upstate Maine is not much like southern New York and New Jersey. Certainly not in February, or in July. Most of the NY and NJ plates I've seen are during foliage season so I wonder what they will think of the rest of the Maine seasons? :cool:

omega42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To those in the exodus: "Show us on the doll where liberalism touched you" [laugh]

(And this is the part where they eventually turn Maine into what they're currently running way from, yes?)
Not a big shift - Maine is the state that keeps sending the RINO Collins back to D.C.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm not familiar with the current political climate in ME right now, but this sure as shit isn't going to help matters...

See how gold and silver went up 50% this year? Expect the same of real estate in any desirable location as we print a gazillion dollars.

If you want any real estate buy it now.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well this Ma**h*** was up near Lincoln to visit my camp just last week and the lack of For Sale signs was really noticeable. There were maybe two or three in the last 20 mile stretch off the highway when usually there are a dozen or more. Places that had gone unsold for years no longer had signs. I expect the local demolition guys are about to experience a bump in work but will it last?
Thing is I'm about 7 years out from retiring to up to Maine (or so I currently plan) and I sure hope that this fad will fade. One of the things which encourages me is that upstate Maine is not much like southern New York and New Jersey. Certainly not in February, or in July. Most of the NY and NJ plates I've seen are during foliage season so I wonder what they will think of the rest of the Maine seasons? :cool:
The wealthy in NYC have so much money thanks to 12 years of Fed printing that they can buy up all the real estate and not even move in. The Fed printed 6 trillion this year. That's enough to buy every house on sale in America several times over.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish they'd pick a place (NOT New Hampshire) - say, Connecticut's Litchfield hills (or anywhere actually in this crappy state) - and settle there, rather than invading absolutely everywhere that's decent.
But that's what they always do. Find a nice place, F it up, complain about it, move away, rinse, repeat.

They don't, and never will, comprehend that it is them and their BS way of thinking/living that causes everything to go to shit.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
They are about to find out how raw, cold and boring it can get. 😂
For me, there are 4 seasons in New England:
  • F***! Winter is over! This rain and mud sucks!
  • OK, nice weather. But it's not winter.
  • Trees look nice. Is winter here yet?
  • [party]

There's a reason I picked that avatar. I actually lose weight every winter. I'd keep shooting rifle matches but don't like shooting from indoors through a hole. Everyone hates me by January, and I'm good with that. I would love to bump into some new to New England Jersey Shore types when they complain about winter here. LOL if you don't like it go back to your warm garbage dumpster!

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Good. Stay out of NH- that's mine in a few years.
States with highest percentage of second homes in the US:
Maine 19%
Vermont 17%
New Hampshire 12%

That's state-wide percentage, though: Cape Cod has more second homes than NH and about two thirds of the houses on the Cape are second homes.

I find it amusing that people here assume every person moving to another state must be Liberal. Pretty sure most people who can own second homes are not Democrats.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 90%
9   1   0

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
States with highest percentage of second homes in the US:
Maine 19%
Vermont 17%
New Hampshire 12%

That's state-wide percentage, though: Cape Cod has more second homes than NH and about two thirds of the houses on the Cape are second homes.

I find it amusing that people here assume every person moving to another state must be Liberal. Pretty sure most people who can own second homes are not Democrats.

If I closed my eyes and threw a rock at a group of 10 new ME homeowners from NY or NJ, I'd bet big money on hitting a libtard.

Top Bottom