• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Well, post some military pics.

Yeah true, but what about the dude in the doorway? No MP am band, no weapon belt?

That one I can't answer. Maybe he's some sort of runner? Just came in? The whole pic might be taking place in some sort of foyer with the doors open. My armory had that kind of architecture. With the doors open, it almost qualified as being outdoors.

Don't overthink this in an effort to find something wrong with the guard guys, Joe.

Try this one on for size - you 4, secure that entry. Check everyone's authority to enter, sign them in and out.

And just like that, we have a picture of them interacting with somebody who isn't working with them. That never happens in the real world, right?

😆

Looks like CQ duty to me with some guys sitting around shooting the shit. I get the covers being on inside but they are guard members. i would not be caught dead standing around with my hands in my pockets either but 🤷🏼‍♂️

Looks like CQ duty to me with some guys sitting around shooting the shit. I get the covers being on inside but they are guard members. i would not be caught dead standing around with my hands in my pockets either but 🤷🏼‍♂️

The "hands in pockets" thing was starting to become less of a big deal while I was in, both active and NG.

But my Guard unit was more squared away than to wear hats indoors, honestly. And we weren't all that squared away.

The "hands in pockets" thing was starting to become less of a big deal while I was in, both active and NG.

But my Guard unit was more squared away than to wear hats indoors, honestly. And we weren't all that squared away.
Yup, I get it. But looking at the era, just after Vietnam, there was still a fair bit of draftees in the military. I hit the reserves in 1988 and a fair amount of the E-6 and above were Vietnam vets And draftees.

Reenlisting Kole Kole Pass, Hawaii. This was a week after 9/11, I was actually considering getting out. Nope, not after what just happened a week before. This was the same Kole Kole that Japan used to attack Wheeler and Schofield during Pearl Harbor. Seemed adequate to reenlist there. Kole Kole is Hawaiian for raw meat. A lot of battles were fought there between island tribes.

Attachments

• Reenlisting Kole Kole Pass, Hawaii.jpg
    Reenlisting Kole Kole Pass, Hawaii.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 10
That's a very important desk, and a pretty impressive display wall, to be bunged into the corner of such a shitty-looking office.

Thanks for posting. I, too, served during the BDU-and-black-boots era. Modern pics always look weird to me, that way.

That's a very important desk, and a pretty impressive display wall, to be bunged into the corner of such a shitty-looking office.

Thanks for posting. I, too, served during the BDU-and-black-boots era. Modern pics always look weird to me, that way.
My stint was a wild for sure. I started off with the PRC77, A1, M60, ALICE, PASGT, BDU's and the old Army all greys for PT. All analog stuff. I retired in multicams, SINGARS, MOLLE, IOTV, ACH, the M4, and grey reflective tops with black bottoms PT's.

This unfortunately, was a true story. The note attached was for our section NCOIC to see Top ASAP. He had no ass and was utterly defeated an hour later upon return, LMAO.

Dude was a real POS. The picture was taken for clarity because pics or it didn't happen was real long before the internet. That, and I wanted evidence because the guy was a major smack talker.

Attachments

• New Image 11.JPG
    New Image 11.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom