• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

well it is official... going to Vermont

Two of the guys from my reserve unit (USMC) live up there. One is a game warden, the other works in the fisheries and restocking. I think they're both less than a half hour from Canada. They both love it up there...I could only dream of living in a place like that...my job requires that I'm stuck in MA for now.

Your are just 30 minutes from some really good skiing at Jay peak. Of course that is based on my recollection of high school trip in 1978.
Enjoy.
The only place I could possibly work in VT and stay in my field is at Global Foundry in Burlington.

Congrats! that's going to be some major culture /environment shock come January LOL!
Jay Peak is killer though if you ski you're in for a great time !!

Congrats, my dream is to move to Vermont as well. I'd like to live on a lake and enjoy shooting and fishing for the rest of my days. They also have good schools for my daughter so that's a plus too.

Hahah!! Thanks guys!!! Yes CBP. Honolulu stinks. Too hot here and a 2/1 condo 700sf is 526k starting! Gun laws do suck compared to there. Ranges are HARD to find. Looking at so,e acreage and a home for unde 300k which is cheap compared to here! Will shout out when I know move date!

Better start thickening up that blood. You will not be saving any money because good winter wear is going to swallow it all up.[laugh]

My sister has a ski/snowmobile house in East Burke and frequently rides to the NE Kingdom. Nice area of the state.

Vermont is s beautiful state.
All I hear is about how crunchy granola liberal it is, but I know alot of people over there:both friends and family, and to a person, they are very conservative.

Vermont is s beautiful state.
All I hear is about how crunchy granola liberal it is, but I know alot of people over there:both friends and family, and to a person, they are very conservative.

It's crunchy for sure, but liberal in a different way than most places. Most I feel just want to be able to do whatever they want and don't care what you do either. Burlington, however, has an abundance of people trying to out moonbat each other.

I just looked at some land in VT today. I've been thinking about it for years and just sort of look around from time to time, but this might be my time. I always feel a little bit freer when I pass the Welcome to Vermont sign

I don't have any specific plans for it; it wouldn't be to build a house, but perhaps a cabin, tree house, etc.

I just looked at some land in VT today. I've been thinking about it for years and just sort of look around from time to time, but this might be my time. I always feel a little bit freer when I pass the Welcome to Vermont sign

I don't have any specific plans for it; it wouldn't be to build a house, but perhaps a cabin, tree house, etc.

That's how I ended up here. Started looking at some land and ended up going all in. No regrets.

From my limited time on the snomo trails I didn't like the lack of gas and food stops on the trails and the speed limits. NFW can I live with speed limits.

The rolling hills are very beautiful along with all the farms.

That's how I ended up here. Started looking at some land and ended up going all in. No regrets.

I won't rule out a move, but inertia is strong with me. I've been in my rut a long time, but I'm not kidding about feeling freer when I enter Vermont. Who would think an imaginary line would make such a difference?

Back
Top Bottom