Well I bought another HK.

Well, I'm presently an "outsider" fan, and am working on acquiring my first H&K. So, I'll have a better response in under 30 hours.
[smile]

Jay

Did you pick up the HK?

Yes, I did. While it was used, it's in pretty good shape. I'm going back and forth on putting it in the EDC rotation. It fits my hand fine. The weight, balance, bore axis is fine. Shoots fine (although truth be told, I haven't put a ton of rounds down range). My initial reaction is more on the "Meh" side for now. Now I do have some negatives that are "on me". First, I must say that I like and prefer DA/SA hammer fired pistols. Both of my Italian Beretta's (WC 92FS and a (stock) 84 BB circa 1987) have awesome triggers, fit my hands like a glove, and shoot better than my capabilities. Racking the slides are like they are on ball bearings. I was hoping the HK P30SK would be like the Beretta's.

The two negatives on the HK are an almost 12 pound long Double Action. And yes, I did measure using a Lyman gauge. And the second negative is the trigger guard trench. I understand that many don't have an issue with it, but for me, it does bother me.

And yes, I do know I can get the DA lower and I can have the trigger guard trench removed. Cost and time factors come into play.

Not really sure where I'm going with this. I guess for me, in the battle between German and Italian guns,the Italian guns win.

Jay

V4AN34i.jpg

0GxVQR7.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I did. While it was used, it's in pretty good shape. I'm going back and forth on putting it in the EDC rotation. It fits my hand fine. The weight, balance, bore axis is fine. Shoots fine (although truth be told, I haven't put a ton of rounds down range). My initial reaction is more on the "Meh" side for now. Now I do have some negatives that are "on me". First, I must say that I like and prefer DA/SA hammer fired pistols. Both of my Italian Beretta's (WC 92FS and a (stock) 84 BB circa 1987) have awesome triggers, fit my hands like a glove, and shoot better than my capabilities. Racking the slides are like they are on ball bearings. I was hoping the HK P30SK would be like the Beretta's.

The two negatives are an almost 12 pound long Double Action. And yes, I did measure using a Lyman gauge. And the second negative is the trigger guard trench. I understand that many don't have an issue with it, but for me, it does bother me.

And yes, I do know I can get the DA lower and I can have the trigger guard trench removed. Cost and time factors come into play.

Not really sure where I'm going with this. I guess for me, in the battle between German and Italian guns,the Italian guns win.

Jay

V4AN34i.jpg

0GxVQR7.jpg

I have problem with the trench on vp9’s but not the p30. I believe the p30 trench is shorter or shallow compared to the vp9 trench. If you get a vp9 b, it does not have the trench at all but you lose the traditional Hk mag release.

It was my gun that thing would be going right into the trash those are only for USP's for people who think they're going to cosplay Lara Croft... [rofl]
Well the gun itself is a meme [laugh] , but the difference in shooting it with/without a suppressor or the weight is substantial. The thing is fun to shoot with nothing on it, with the weight it's even better, and suppressed is the ultimate in awesome. I have a second one that I'll probably leave naked if I don't sell it. If there's one gun you really don't need a duplicate of....

The two negatives on the HK are an almost 12 pound long Double Action. And yes, I did measure using a Lyman gauge. And the second negative is the trigger guard trench. I understand that many don't have an issue with it, but for me, it does bother me.

Jay

V4AN34i.jpg

0GxVQR7.jpg
Im questioning one of these as my next purchase.
Put one mod on it. The lem trigger.
Edc ankle carrying a full size os getting a little old.

The other contender, is a px4 storm sub compact, or and apx carry.
The apx is by far cheaper than the other 2.
I could get 2 for the cost of 1.

Im questioning one of these as my next purchase.
Put one mod on it. The lem trigger.
Edc ankle carrying a full size os getting a little old.

The other contender, is a px4 storm sub compact, or and apx carry.
The apx is by far cheaper than the other 2.
I could get 2 for the cost of 1.

I don't know how anyone can afford the prices being charged now. I had considered getting the SA mod 2. I held it before and it fit like a glove but I never see it advertised as in stock at either Northeast Arms or Four Seasons and I dread what the gun will sell for. I'm glad that I own most of what I love.

I used to own most of their handgun product line. Great guns, just most of them don't work for me, they don't point right. It's hard to explain but the natural point of aim sucks on most of them for me. I have to roll my hands back to bring the front up. It is easier for me to push the sights down than up.

Call me up when they bring the P7M8 back. That's literally the only one I had that i really miss, and im not paying 3k to get one back. Although if i hit the lottery i would buy another maritime finish MK23, kinda miss that one, too... even though it's one if the fundamentally dumbest guns on the planet, it's a work of art.
So I bought a p7m8 from Rileys around 8 or 9 years ago. I think I paid $900 for it. It's 82 vintage, box, paperwork, 3 mags. It's like new. When they got to $2000 I thought about selling it. I'm glad I didn't. I still have it.

Sold my Vp9 due to the early trigger click suckage. It will eventually get replaced but for now I’ve been jonesing for 45c. One was advertised locally over the wkend so I’ll make a call today. The shop isn’t known to be cheap so I may have to be patient.

So I bought a p7m8 from Rileys around 8 or 9 years ago. I think I paid $900 for it. It's 82 vintage, box, paperwork, 3 mags. It's like new. When they got to $2000 I thought about selling it. I'm glad I didn't. I still have it.
Got a P7-PSP for ~$700. Love it. Wish I had a M8. Keep it!!

Got a P7-PSP for ~$700. Love it. Wish I had a M8. Keep it!!
I'm jealous of that price, I paid a bit more for one this summer. It's a nice pistol, a bit different than the usual & I have to shoot it some more to get used to it.
I dipped into to the HK pool earlier this year with a vp9 & p30l. I like both of them but wasn't crazy about the triggers, just not a curved trigger fan.
I just put a flat lazy wolf in the vp9 the other night & did the grayguns right off the bat on the p30.
I keep looking at the HK45 but the curved trigger is just killing it for me

Back
Top Bottom